Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 597 598 [599] 600 601 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2090598 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #8970 on: October 07, 2015, 07:51:53 pm »

I just processed what you meant wrt converting for republic.  If the norse faith starts with 40 MA, theyre 10 conquests, temple raids, or 1 won holy war from reformation.  Its pretty easy to loot 10 temples of any other faith if you're on the line of going republic/feudal.

And similarly, on crappy land starts like Iceland, you could temperarily swap your capital to a neighboring providence, found the republic, change your inheritence, start building a city in the second slot of your permanent capital, change back to your capital, then change over to another merchant republic.

Now you have all city at your capital.

heck, couldn't you build three if you built your second city at the same time the 'cheap build you a castle/city/temple' event rolled?  Actions performed when the decision scroll is up is counted as before the event and the event still transpires, even if it usually couldn't because balance.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 07:54:24 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8971 on: October 07, 2015, 07:56:29 pm »

Pretty sure you can't change your capital city as a republic, sadly.
That last bit sounds like a neat trick though, particularly for a republic which may have the money to pull it off.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8972 on: October 07, 2015, 09:33:36 pm »

Shame.

Whats this?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
why are they in fief to him.  Theyre still pagan.  When did this become a thing?  How do I unthing it?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 09:38:56 pm by pisskop »
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8973 on: October 07, 2015, 09:37:06 pm »

I'm not sure what the issue is. Just... google Varangian guard?

They were pagan so they're gonna stay pagan, and they're his vassals because they were his guard...?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8974 on: October 07, 2015, 09:41:56 pm »

Having foreigners and infidels as a honor Guard is something that lots of kings adopted. The reasoning being that is safer than a guard of locals, since they can't murder the ruler and take power. (Like the imperial germanic guard or the christian mercenaries that
muslims often employed)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 09:47:31 pm by Broken »
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8975 on: October 07, 2015, 09:45:50 pm »

okay.  would you believe its my first time playing as a norseman?  I heard they were op and decided not to.
PKs DF Mod!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8976 on: October 07, 2015, 10:29:00 pm »

Oh, they are pretty OP.  It's the raiding, mostly, and the fact they even get to sail up rivers to do it.  They also have a lot of strong starting options.
Varangian guard isn't even particularly bad.  Sometimes one of your sons will want to go serve, and I guess they may die or whatever.  Who cares, you're in gavelkind!  Pretty sure they give up their inheritance when they go.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8977 on: October 08, 2015, 03:02:49 am »

Subjugation makes it very easy to get the snowball rolling.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8978 on: October 08, 2015, 03:45:35 am »

Oh, they are pretty OP.  It's the raiding, mostly, and the fact they even get to sail up rivers to do it.  They also have a lot of strong starting options.
Varangian guard isn't even particularly bad.  Sometimes one of your sons will want to go serve, and I guess they may die or whatever.  Who cares, you're in gavelkind!  Pretty sure they give up their inheritance when they go.
That's why going republic is so good if you can't reform the faith. Just use Marriages as a cheat.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 03:48:11 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8979 on: October 08, 2015, 04:27:59 pm »

That's why going republic is so good if you can't reform the faith. Just use Marriages as a cheat.
But you can't go Republic *unless* you reform the faith. Or convert to a non-pagan religion.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8980 on: October 09, 2015, 08:29:12 am »

Either way going republic is still an OP option for them. They get free casus belli on all coastal regions...meaning as long as you are willing to take it you can put your trade posts anywhere you want

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8981 on: October 09, 2015, 12:06:07 pm »

Crusader Kings can be quite weird sometimes. In my current run as Granada/Andalusians I managed to get the demon child event. Unfortunately I had to delegitimize  him since I could not afford the piety loss and thus I wasn't able to make him my heir. Apparently nobody told the demon child about this, since he mysteriously killed off all of his brothers before he grew up. As such my ruler was eventually succeeded by his half-brother, who made the demon child his marshal because he had 20+ Martial ability due to being the spawn of Satan. Cut to twenty+ years later, when I'm fiddling with my council and notice that my Marshal now has 43 Martial. When I wasn't looking two things happened to him. The first is that he converted to Zikri, and thus was a filthy heretic. The other is that he, despite being possessed, somehow gained the modifier 'Military Advice from Jesus', for +20 Martial.

In summary: My current marshal is an Islamic heretic child of Satan who is receiving advice from Jesus. I would complain about the weird mashup of religions if I wasn't too busy enjoying my 43 Martial marshal and crushing the remaining Christian Spanish kingdoms underneath my bootheel.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8982 on: October 09, 2015, 12:08:37 pm »

Jesus is a (very important) prophet in Islam, and makes up a third of the Mohammud/Jesus/Moses prophet trio.

Although Jesus would be the least likely of the three to dish out tactical advice, its possible, and the reputation hit would be about the same, imo.
PKs DF Mod!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8983 on: October 09, 2015, 12:18:55 pm »

The other is that he, despite being possessed, somehow gained the modifier 'Military Advice from Jesus', for +20 Martial.

Jesus obviously wishes to deprive the Devil of this prized soldier as long as possible, by ensuring said soldier lives a long life.

Or...
Jesus is the Son of God, Satan was created by God, your Martial is the Son of Satan, hence Jesus just wanted to help out his nephew.
Jesus is chill like that.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8984 on: October 09, 2015, 12:33:05 pm »

Jesus is a (very important) prophet in Islam, and makes up a third of the Mohammud/Jesus/Moses prophet trio.

Although Jesus would be the least likely of the three to dish out tactical advice, its possible, and the reputation hit would be about the same, imo.

That is very true, though I still think it's a bit silly. Islamic madmen should probably be getting help from Mohammud instead, since the modifier is supposed to be a reference to Joan of Arc.

Or...
Jesus is the Son of God, Satan was created by God, your Martial is the Son of Satan, hence Jesus just wanted to help out his nephew.
Jesus is chill like that.

Thanks, Jesus...? Though I feel that there's a bit of a conflict of interest here, since I am murdering Christians in Spain (with France in my sights next). Jesus probably shouldn't be helping me conquer and convert his followers.
Pages: 1 ... 597 598 [599] 600 601 ... 1002