Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 591 592 [593] 594 595 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2091384 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #8880 on: September 20, 2015, 02:16:58 pm »

The last 10 years was the pope calling for a crusade to Afghanistan (!), walking across Russia to get there (!!), and then winning(!!!). It's 1470 in eUIV now and there are still two catholic provinces, though Afghanistan got succeeded by Baluchistan. I just wondered why he did it.
Something to do with that large bird crashing into the tower of Pisa?
Greek fire can't melt limestone!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8881 on: September 21, 2015, 10:16:46 am »

I tried out the tribal thing.  Took me 21 years to go from 'count cruel' under a high chief trying to revoke my title and everyone hating me to king of lithuania and loved by everyone.  And it could likely be done faster if you can get your hands on more money/ dont dink with finland.

The tribal warfare is fun, because its so fast.  And also because you can outsmart the ai p-easily.  Just siege one tribe and walk away, they go after that tribe, and then you go to where they were standing.  Then when that tribe is occupied you go to your original sieged tribe that they liberated and retake it.  By then you usually win.

My gen0 character just died, had 2 sons.  Already the game is showing me its harder to keep control than to take it.

Also, Im gathering that because everybody has the same mix of crappy troops (archers and LI), morale and to a lesser extent commander skill makes the difference.  And since its one Vhard the ai is swimming in morale, which makes me some some simple stupid battles.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8882 on: September 21, 2015, 11:07:49 am »

I tried out the tribal thing.  Took me 21 years to go from 'count cruel' under a high chief trying to revoke my title and everyone hating me to king of lithuania and loved by everyone.  And it could likely be done faster if you can get your hands on more money/ dont dink with finland.

The tribal warfare is fun, because its so fast.  And also because you can outsmart the ai p-easily.  Just siege one tribe and walk away, they go after that tribe, and then you go to where they were standing.  Then when that tribe is occupied you go to your original sieged tribe that they liberated and retake it.  By then you usually win.

My gen0 character just died, had 2 sons.  Already the game is showing me its harder to keep control than to take it.

Also, Im gathering that because everybody has the same mix of crappy troops (archers and LI), morale and to a lesser extent commander skill makes the difference.  And since its one Vhard the ai is swimming in morale, which makes me some some simple stupid battles.

Yeah the forced Gavelkind and reduced vassal limit is what makes tribal rulership annoying. Even Empires are hard to keep together through the generations when your siblings refuse to rejoin the glorious blob.

With enough numbers and good leaders those crappy troops can actually beat the real empires quite often, they maul the enemy in the skirmish phase.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8883 on: September 21, 2015, 01:36:17 pm »

I'm the Reformed Germanic Emperor of Scandinavia in my current playthrough and we own most counties from Norway to Mongolia, all the way to the Black Sea. I have the option of also creating the Empire of Russia: am I right in thinking that's a bad plan as the Empires will split when the ruler dies (like kingdoms do when you're not an emperor)? Or will both empires be rolled under the religious rulership?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8884 on: September 21, 2015, 01:38:03 pm »

Depend on your succession law.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8885 on: September 21, 2015, 01:41:49 pm »

The succession laws for Scandinavia or for the new Russian empire? (Or both?) Ah I think I see now: if both empires have identical succession laws that aren't elective in anyway, then they should both go to the same heir.

Can emperors ever be vassals under a religious head?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8886 on: September 21, 2015, 01:49:24 pm »

The Russian Empire will get the same succession law as your current primary title when you form it, so if you have Primogeniture, it'll be Primo too. If you have Gavelkind, change it before forming your second Empire, otherwise you'll just need to do it for both of them later.

Emperor is the highest title, so they can't be vassals under anyone, ever. The rank of religious heads varies, anyway - sometimes it's Duke-level, sometimes higher (like the Pope).
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8887 on: September 21, 2015, 02:53:58 pm »

Thanks! One more question for now: other than the prestige boost, is there any point in creating multiple empires? Will it not just generate more demands from my jealous, jealous, vassals?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8888 on: September 21, 2015, 03:00:36 pm »

That's basically it. No reason except for funsies.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8889 on: September 21, 2015, 03:10:22 pm »

Decided to try a second crack at forming the empire of Scandanavia as King Björn Ironside. This time, I've managed not only to actually reform the faith but keep it strong but actually bring it up to 97%! I haven't yet formed the empire of Scandinavia, due to lack of the subjugation CB, but I've been fabricating claims where needed. So far I have Sweden(formed title), Finalnd (can form title), some of Norway (can't usurp yet, but I'm getting ready to press a batch of claims), and just about all of Scotland(will usurp when current king is at peace.) due to my rallying the Germanics in a Great Holy War, but the old king is stubborn and holds his title still. I've undergone some succession woes, but should be able to secure my line if I switch to agnatic-cognatic.
Just out of curiosity, do I receive penalties for holding too many kingdoms if I'm not an emperor? I'm hoping to grab the United the Kingdoms acheivment if possible but don't want to create the titles right now if it's going to cause issues. I figure it should be easy enough to conquer the isles since it's pretty much all coastal and of other religions.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8890 on: September 21, 2015, 03:12:33 pm »

That's basically it. No reason except for funsies.
do king-vassals get a relationship hit for wanting the empire?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8891 on: September 21, 2015, 03:14:17 pm »

Quartz_Mace:
1. Duke-level de jure vassals of that kingdom will covet the title, giving a large negative relations boost.
2. If you die and the titles have different succession laws, you can lose the title. If you do lose the title, the inheritor will not be your vassal due to both of you being the same rank.

Pisskop:
I think so. It's a bit weird as it depends on the de jure status of the kingdom / empire.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8892 on: September 21, 2015, 03:35:17 pm »

Thanks, I might destroy it for a while to prevent that, or since my next ruler will be female, just sleep with them a ton. It's a bit of an exploit, but who cares.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8893 on: September 21, 2015, 03:43:07 pm »

Actually, there is one more advantage to having multiple Empire title: it will split factions between the various Empire. So instead of having one huge "Trump for Scandinavia", you will have two smaller "Trump for Russia" and "Trump for Scandinavia", that will be less likely to hit the %age of your forces needed to revolt.

Sadly, it doesn't work for the Independence faction, which is the only really threatening one.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #8894 on: September 21, 2015, 04:32:30 pm »

Sadly, it doesn't work for the Independence faction, which is the only really threatening one.

I believe that dukes and counts are unlikely to join independence revolts if you hold the title above and they are the same culture as you.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.
Pages: 1 ... 591 592 [593] 594 595 ... 1002