Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 588 589 [590] 591 592 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2091312 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #8835 on: September 11, 2015, 09:42:36 pm »

idk.  So far as I can tell he legit inherited his domain and then must have converted somehow.  His father was muslim, he's not a bastard, idk if he was banished and then converted, but it seems more likely to end up in a neighboring muslim land than christain, unless the neighbor had that sympathy trait?  Then asked him to convert?  The Knights Hospitalar do own Portagul and the small spanish kindgoms . . .

But he's converting the East Coast to Catholicism.  And England is converting to match West Africa, funnily enough.

Everyone in the game is so subdued wrt aggression too.  I imagine it was the updates since I last played a round, but I mean Denmark's been around for over 100 years and I cant remember them being actually at serious war, we've made precious little progress into converting Eastern Europe, and in fact they've converted portions of the Orthodox.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 09:44:30 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8836 on: September 11, 2015, 09:45:35 pm »

First play of the AGOT mod got kind of cluster-fucky. I decided watching the fireworks might be more fun than making a run at the throne so I played as littlefinger and backed stannis. Within a few months the entire happy lannister family had died in one way or another and Stannis took the throne, boy I know how to pick em. Rob Stark got killed in battle almost immediately but then Bran took up his cause and I conspired to kidnap his mother as leverage and because why not, I'm Littlefinger. Bran surrendered to Stannis shortly after I approved the plot so there was a little "what the hell?" moment where there was no reason I should do that. I also missed the tutorial on the contextual nature of the visit chambers button and accidentally raped her. I feel like that might cause some problems. Then Stannis died stupidly insisting on leading his men into combat and I personally started a plot to kill his daughter/heir before her coronation because come on. Then Danerys claimed the throne so I pledged allegience to her and then she died about a month later for reasons I was unable to discern. I don't even recognize the guy who became king after that but I decided these king killers are doing a much better job than the kings so I sided with them and apparently this guy actually knew what he was doing. The rebels were crushed. I resisted arrest and discovered that since everybody hated and distrusted each other I just had to say "murder?" for a conga line of conspirators to form. We killed the new king but the plot was discovered oh no! Somehow I worked myself into a position where the crown adored me and viewed me as a traitor so despite being in rebellion against the iron throne I was designated regent and also given a position on the council. I don't even understand what happened next but I guess the kid also died and then I won my independence sort of maybe? From murder? I went back into the fold under the super double plus new king and he liked the cut of my jib so I joined the council. Then I tamed a dragon, I don't know how but when the world collapses into a singularity of murder I'll be riding a dragon.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8837 on: September 12, 2015, 04:08:48 am »

9/11, better than GoT.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8838 on: September 12, 2015, 05:00:29 am »

All according to Littlefinger's plan

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8839 on: September 12, 2015, 01:47:47 pm »

Does anyone else find that when playing the Byzantines you get a strong urge to convert to Catholic after mending the Great Schism in order to get those delicious Holy Wars and Crusades against the rest of Europe?
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8840 on: September 12, 2015, 02:34:21 pm »

It aint that easy being Orthy

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8841 on: September 13, 2015, 06:17:40 am »

So I just took a gander at my brother's Byzantine game, and religion has got weird.

With the schism mended Catholicism has basically died out except in north Britain, Europe is entirely Waldensian, except for the Orthodox territories of the Byzantine Empire.

Scandinavia has been largely conquered by Finnish and Baltic pagans, resulting in the gradual decline of Germanic paganism.

Meanwhile the Sunnis are calling huge armies of steppe warriors from their allies into their wars against the Empire. The freaking Mongol horde event troops are helping them in a Jihad for some reason.

Waldensian rebellions are tearing through my brother's empire, stretching his armies thin even as a 50k doomstack of event troops stampedes around the middle east backed up by the Caliph's armies.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8842 on: September 13, 2015, 08:01:28 pm »

So I re-cajiggered reformed pagans so they could start trying to prosletyze in other countries.

But I would like to know if anybody knows how to add that other organized religions can be prosletyzed to if they moral auhority tanks?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8843 on: September 13, 2015, 09:35:15 pm »

I think it's a bug that should've been fixed already, but clearly not the case. When a Pope with bastards die, his children become anti-Popes. Can you check their parents?

In my last one, this happened. The child grew up and sired a line of antipopes, which made keeping heresies out rather difficult. Thankfully, the pope line was canny enough to declare crusades against weak foes.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #8844 on: September 14, 2015, 01:14:41 am »

CK+ and HiP has been updated to Horse Lords, it seems. I had fun starting a game at 1066 as the Greek ruler of Naples, but making him a Messalanian heretic. He is, of course, the follower of Lucifer. I even managed to conquer Capua without anyone holy warring me yet, but we will see how long Pope tolerates a follower of Lucifer at his doorstep. I managed to convert my wife, a princess of the Holy Roman Empire, to the heresy, but have no luck at converting the demesne as of yet. I've revoked titles from barons and replaced them with generated Messalanian minions, though.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8845 on: September 14, 2015, 02:09:11 am »

Played about 20 hours of the Warhammer mod as a Dwarf.

Things I learned:

1. Apparently there's no actual guns or cannon units in the game, despite it saying there is. I guess we're supposed to assume the archers are gunpowder units or something.

2. Living for centuries is actually quite boring... especially when the first 100 years or so you're gimped because you're considered too young.

3. For some reason there's a faction called Nagash south of me. Except it's just some random dudes and not Nagash itself and the leader worships chaos undivided while all his vassals and children worship vampire-stuff though they aren't vampires themselves. Also the leader married his eldest daughter and that daughter has two heads.

4. The world is way too big. It's so frigging laggy.

5. Fighting orcs is boring after a few hundred years.

6. The vampire counts seem pretty OP. The entire Empire is vampireland now. Also for some reason Vlad isn't called Vlad in this.

7. Dwarves are pretty OP too. They make so much money, have invincible fortresses, and live so bloody long. The 200+ year old longbeards all have about 30 martial.

8. Nothing really happens in the mod right now. I think many events are still missing. Not surprising considering how huge the world is.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #8846 on: September 14, 2015, 03:03:26 am »

Gunpowder units could be added as "special units", I think, though I suppose there are other troops more worthy of that slot. I used to play Elder Scrolls mod when it was up to date, had the same problem as an elf. I hadn't understood before that death was an important part of the dynamics of CK2. Without it, things just aren't the same and it is easy to stack up ungodly stats with the passage of time.

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8847 on: September 14, 2015, 03:32:51 am »

Umm there are gunpowder unit in this mod, in fact there are shit ton of them!
Most civilized human kingdom (except Britonia) have them as a special unit.

The Nagash land is just Nagash's old tulf infest with those damn rat, he not live there anymore

In term of anything interesting to do, I consider dwarf the least feature faction( if you don't count lizardman)
Chaos(Slanese to be sprcific) has the most feature at this moment, follow by Vampire (Vlad and Neferata), tomb king, beastmen, elf and Ork
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 03:41:48 am by Nuttycompa »

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8848 on: September 14, 2015, 03:56:46 am »

I have found that going Roman world conquest is rather boring, so I've been trying to spice things up by "directing" the Seljuks to become a serious powerhouse just to have a foe to the East.

This is why I can't play Ironman.

Heh! In mine, they actually posed a serious threat to me, mustering a good 140,000 troops to attack Byzantium, who I was. I scraped through that war. By that stage, although I controlled huge swathes of land from Serbia to Antioch, as well as far flung nations like Iceland and Ireland, the Seljuks held their borders, plus had expanded into much of the Arabian peninsula and crushed the Fatimids to a pulp, as well as taking neat bites east as far as middle India.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8849 on: September 14, 2015, 07:37:15 am »

1. Apparently there's no actual guns or cannon units in the game, despite it saying there is. I guess we're supposed to assume the archers are gunpowder units or something.
There are, they are just linked to specific buildings.

8. Nothing really happens in the mod right now. I think many events are still missing. Not surprising considering how huge the world is.
There is a bug in CK2 right now where many events will simply not fire, ever. The Elder Kings mod decided to not release the version they got ready because of this.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 588 589 [590] 591 592 ... 1002