Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 584 585 [586] 587 588 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2091238 times)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #8775 on: September 03, 2015, 04:13:28 pm »

You just needed a little Alba room.
hehehe...

Anyway, does anyone have any advice on breaking up blobs? The Carolingian blob have hit their largest historical border in my Norway game, and have reconquista'd a good portion of Spain as well. Now they're starting to make trouble for my fellow (reformed) Germanic allies in the kingdom of Denmark, and the Slavic pagans in Lithuania. As Fylkir I can Holy War them, but I doubt I could win if I tried. The De Jure kingdoms of Ireland, Wales, Norway, Denmark, and Sweden would be joining, but they're regularly beating Abassid (who are holding togther much better than they did before) and the only reason they haven't taken all of Spain by now is truces.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8776 on: September 03, 2015, 05:38:18 pm »

I do what I'd do with the Mongols, keep assassinating good rulers until all that is left is one utterly incompetent ruler, and if they're foreign or of a foreign religion even better; get that internal strife going.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8777 on: September 03, 2015, 07:04:07 pm »

My Indian game has extended to control all of Baluchistan and Afghanistan as well, most of Khiva, and about half of Persia. I wormed my way up into Khiva so I'd have something to do in-between waiting out the truce timer with the Arab Empire, which I'm steadily driving back one emirate at a time. Pretty soon I'll be able to form the kingdom of Persia, and shortly thereafter, the Persian Empire (hopefully getting the Steam cheeve for holding both Persian and Indian Empires...I dunno, Steam cheeves seem to be broken for me lately with CK2).

The most interesting thing to happen was a successful Shi'a Caliphate uprising in Medina, which quickly went on to capture Mecca and most of the Arabian peninsula. The resulting plummet in religious authority has made the Arab Sunni Caliphate very precarious indeed.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8778 on: September 04, 2015, 07:26:38 am »

Sometimes I just don't understand religious leaders.

We got attacked by a Crusade, fair enough, the Catholics want France back from the Druids. I simply marched over to Rome and kicked it in until they gave up.

A few years later my high priest decides to launch a Great Holy War. I've been eagerly waiting for one of these to let me rip most of what remains of Francia away in one fell swoop, but nooooo, the high priest decides he wants to attack Nubia of all places. We've never even been to east africa and he wants Nubia! What is wrong with him?

Jackass.  >:(
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8779 on: September 04, 2015, 07:41:56 am »

Druidism...is that a modded in religion?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8780 on: September 04, 2015, 07:51:29 am »

Druidism...is that a modded in religion?

It's the reformed version of Celtic Paganism from the Ancient Religions Reborn mod.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8781 on: September 04, 2015, 10:39:14 am »

Each religion has a list of weighted titles which determine when/where holy wars are declared.  Catholicism highly prizes the kingdom of Italy for example, and even more so if the county of Roma is in enemy hands too:
http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Crusades,_jihads_and_great_holy_wars

I bet you have every title that Druidism actually cares about at all, so the holy war was targeted at random.  Or, maybe the mod author decided Africans (even east Africans) would be interested in Druidism...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8782 on: September 04, 2015, 12:38:48 pm »

So a weird thing just happened. My husband who is a son of the current Kaiser of the HRE was previously also holder of a county in my kingdom. He'd been plotting to fabricate a claim on the duchy but I didn't really care because I could rek the guy if it actually came to a war. But just now as I was playing the county became owned by the HRE. I checked my husband's profile and his liege was now his dad.
I have no idea what happened and why. Could anyone please explain?

EDIT: NVM I think I got it. Since he inherited a duchy the county became part of his duchy, and therefore the HRE. As a comical aside though, he's trying to lead a revolt against the empire. On his own. The keks are real.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 12:45:33 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8783 on: September 04, 2015, 02:27:35 pm »

Each religion has a list of weighted titles which determine when/where holy wars are declared.  Catholicism highly prizes the kingdom of Italy for example, and even more so if the county of Roma is in enemy hands too:
http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Crusades,_jihads_and_great_holy_wars

I bet you have every title that Druidism actually cares about at all, so the holy war was targeted at random.  Or, maybe the mod author decided Africans (even east Africans) would be interested in Druidism...

It turns out the Great Holy War was to put an East African with a claim who followed the Druidic faith on the throne. As he was not part of my realm Nubia is still outside my control, making the whole affair pretty pointless to me.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8784 on: September 04, 2015, 05:04:21 pm »

What are some good ck2 starts for multiplayer?
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8785 on: September 04, 2015, 05:09:27 pm »

What are some good ck2 starts for multiplayer?
For one guy, or several?

Playing as different houses in a merchant republic is a lot of fun.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8786 on: September 04, 2015, 05:13:20 pm »

Ive got 3 people total including myself.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #8787 on: September 04, 2015, 06:39:26 pm »

Ive got 3 people total including myself.

Pick the Old Gods start. Each of you start in either Norway, Sweden or Denmark. Erryone conquer their starting kingdom, one guy becomes a king, others become his vassals, he becomes an Emperor, reforms the faith, switches to Elective Monarchy.

Have fun destroying the Catholic world.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8788 on: September 04, 2015, 07:57:21 pm »

I've always wondered this; Multiplayer, what happens if one player is the other player's heir?
Wouldnt that take them starting as the same dynasty?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8789 on: September 04, 2015, 09:21:22 pm »

The Rurikovich/Rurikid dinasty in the Stamford Bridge start is pretty good for MP as well.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 584 585 [586] 587 588 ... 1002