Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 580 581 [582] 583 584 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2091088 times)

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #8715 on: August 17, 2015, 02:45:26 pm »

Actually, I'm liking the idea of my own pope. Some vassals have become rather rather problematic, so the ability to freely imprison them and deal with them is appealing, and I can always get rid of him if people start declaring a ton of wars on me.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8716 on: August 17, 2015, 03:54:01 pm »

The beautiful part is that any war you start to expand your religion's influence will give you more money, you don't even have to deal with an angry conquered land you can just give it independence and its bishops will pay you taxes

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8717 on: August 17, 2015, 07:44:52 pm »

You should try CK+ mod.
They give heresy a lot of feature.
 -Waldesian can print bible
 -Cathar can do adoption.
 -Iconoclast can pillage holy site.
 -Messalian can castrated themself :P

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8718 on: August 17, 2015, 10:55:06 pm »

Why do you refuse a chance to cut off your D*** in the name of Rucifer?  >:(

(JK.  HIP just got update, it give an option to form Frankish HRE which is really awesome  :D )

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8719 on: August 17, 2015, 10:56:26 pm »

I'd like to see a mod where all religion can form a HRE of sorts. I'd especially like to see a slavic one.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8720 on: August 17, 2015, 10:58:15 pm »

I'd like to see a mod where all religion can form a HRE of sorts. I'd especially like to see a slavic one.
The historical HRE's claim to its name was a bit dubious (neither holy nor Roman, heh), but even compared to that a Pagan or Muslim HRE would make no sense.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8721 on: August 17, 2015, 11:07:41 pm »

The historical HRE's claim to its name was a bit dubious (neither holy nor Roman, heh), but even compared to that a Pagan or Muslim HRE would make no sense.

HRE-like, doesn't have to be THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE, it could be LITERALLY ANYTHING ELSE, pretty much every ambitious ruler's goal was to unite as many people under their banner as possible, besides don't bring historical accuracy in to this dammit, it'd just be a fun thing to do as a reformed pagan.

EDIT: Let me have my dreams, dammit.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8722 on: August 17, 2015, 11:09:26 pm »

Playing an Indian Ironman game. Started as Kosala, formed India by 1050. Woulda had it by 1000 but subjugation CBs are bugged for Indians, and ran into a bug where the last independent king's only demesne holding was a barony in my territory. Won TWO wars for someone else's claim on the kingdom, and in both cases when I won absolutely nothing happened. Finally fought for the claim on the barony, THEN fought a war for a claimant. Bingo -- now vassalized.

Fucking game won't give me the Samrat Chakravartin achievement though.  >:(

Most of the subcontinent is Hindu now, and I've claimed all of Baluchistan as well. Tried to start holy warring Afghanistan as well, but a combination of a bop on the head combined with the Arabs bringing up larger reserves than expected (and being close to an independence revolt to begin with) meant settling for white peace. Gonna wait a decade or two for my new Samrat to get things settled down then try again, maybe while they're having a decadence revolt or are busy with the Byzantines.

Also using viceroyalties for most of the subject kingdoms -- keeps any would-be malcontents from establishing too solid of a power base. And if I give to old geezers, chances are they'll kick the bucket before their factions can grow strong enough to cause problems. And the new viceroy will love me for the title grant after they're gone.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8723 on: August 17, 2015, 11:25:35 pm »

You should try CK+ mod.
They give heresy a lot of feature.
 -Waldesian can print bible
 -Cathar can do adoption.
 -Iconoclast can pillage holy site.
 -Messalian can castrated themself :P
How do I get mods to work? I've tried to get a simple mod that just made your own children assassin able. I put it in the folder that looked right (not the one that has a placeholder), and couldn't seem to get it to work. I've searched the CKII Wiki and can't seem to find clear instructions. I might try verifying back to vanilla and redownloading, but is there anything else I might have done wrong.

HRE-like, doesn't have to be THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE, it could be LITERALLY ANYTHING ELSE, pretty much every ambitious ruler's goal was to unite as many people under their banner as possible, besides don't bring historical accuracy in to this dammit, it'd just be a fun thing to do as a reformed pagan.

EDIT: Let me have my dreams, dammit.
Well, you can make the Empire of Scandanavia and make it Reformed Pagan.

EDIT: Botched quotes.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 11:35:46 pm by Quartz_Mace »
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Retired/Extended Sigs

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8724 on: August 18, 2015, 12:29:50 am »

Find My document/Paradox Interactive/CK2/Mod folder
Put both mod file and folder in there.
Enable it on luncher menu
Profit?

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8725 on: August 18, 2015, 06:10:53 am »

Alright, I'll try that later today. If it doesn't work, I'll verify integrity because I think I did that but couldn't enable it on the launcher, or in-game. Thanks.
Retired/Extended Sigs

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8726 on: August 18, 2015, 09:17:34 am »

To be fair, Voltaire aside, it wasn't all that bad as that.  The Emperor was appointed by grace of the Bishop of Rome, the Pope, and hence both Holy and Roman (that is, in the sense of being of Rome rather than ruling over Rome; just ask the Guelfs and Ghibelines for that difference).  This doesn't really change until outside of the CK2 timeline with the Habsburgs of the 16th century.  This does, however, indeed point out the chief flaw in a pagan or Muslim HRE; it'd be only one step less odd than a Christian Caliphate or a Muslim Pope.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 09:20:29 am by Culise »

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #8727 on: August 18, 2015, 09:50:38 am »

Well, I don't really see what would stop a big reformed pagan country to create a HRE workalike, even if that's very unlikely.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8728 on: August 18, 2015, 10:05:07 am »

Remember that the Ottoman Empire based it's legitimacy partly on the idea that they were a continuation of the Roman Empire, just like the Byzantine Romans had been. I see no reason a large pagan power couldn't, alt-historically speaking, see that whole Roman Empire thing and decide it wants itself a slice of that pizza pie.
Love, scriver~

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8729 on: August 18, 2015, 10:33:40 am »

Germanic and West African are closer to Greco-Roman polytheism than Abrahamic religions anyway :P
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 580 581 [582] 583 584 ... 1002