Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 576 577 [578] 579 580 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2090870 times)

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #8655 on: August 04, 2015, 10:19:11 am »

I stopped playing around the release of Rajas of India. I own all the DLC before Sons of Abraham. I don't care much for the start dates before 1066. Which DLCs would I consider the best bang for my buck?

Way Of Life will improve the game for any character you play as.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8656 on: August 04, 2015, 10:50:45 am »

if by 'improve the game' you mean make an already easy game even easier?

lolcats i'd say get sons of abraham if the added papal mechanics sound interesting, fuck the rest

somebody

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8657 on: August 04, 2015, 12:46:12 pm »

Is there a point to keeping the head of a church title after you reform a religion in CK+ or should I just fawn it off to a relative to keep the +1 piety bonus?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8658 on: August 04, 2015, 12:52:49 pm »

If it's like the Germanic religion head, you can declare great holy wars (crusades).  And I never found a way to request crusades, even from family members.  So I would never give it away.  I think most pagans, or at least West Africans, have a randomly chosen religious head instead.  Being the head yourself is a big boon.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #8659 on: August 04, 2015, 01:06:42 pm »

You also get a reputation boost from everyone of your religion if you are the head, which is handy.

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8660 on: August 04, 2015, 09:16:27 pm »

... I'm not sure what would even cause a vassal to desire the Fylkirate.  It's a titular duchy which shouldn't even be part of Scandinavia.  Why would the Patrician of Gotland of all people deserve it...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8661 on: August 04, 2015, 09:33:13 pm »

I HAVE always wanted to have a Caliph/Fylkir Merchant Republic vassal though...
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8662 on: August 04, 2015, 09:37:07 pm »

... I'm not sure what would even cause a vassal to desire the Fylkirate.  It's a titular duchy which shouldn't even be part of Scandinavia.  Why would the Patrician of Gotland of all people deserve it...
if=all
{AI Rationality=0
   AI Greed=100}
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8663 on: August 05, 2015, 01:18:18 am »

Man getting back into CK2 is harder than I thought. The game runs like arse and the map projection looks all fucked up and gross. The UI seems clumsier than I remember, why is it so tedious to arrange a marriage and find kinsmen?

Also has claim fabrication been severely nerfed? I must have been sitting there for 4 generations trying to get a claim on a neighbouring county.

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8664 on: August 05, 2015, 04:02:32 am »

Also has claim fabrication been severely nerfed? I must have been sitting there for 4 generations trying to get a claim on a neighbouring county.
I'm just new, but I never waited more than a few months/years.
Did you check that your chancellor didn't die and made you forget to put back the order after replacing him ?
Also, maybe the number of current claimants have an impact on that ?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #8665 on: August 05, 2015, 04:07:25 am »

also check if youre not just unlucky

i turned lollard in my pictland game just because i got sick of never getting any claims

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8666 on: August 05, 2015, 01:24:22 pm »

Man getting back into CK2 is harder than I thought. The game runs like arse and the map projection looks all fucked up and gross. The UI seems clumsier than I remember, why is it so tedious to arrange a marriage and find kinsmen?

Fabrication has been slowed down.

Map projection is atrocious. India is way too small and the Arabian peninsula is way too big.

I wish Paradox would just switch to globes already.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8667 on: August 05, 2015, 01:30:50 pm »

Fabrication has been slowed down.

Map projection is atrocious. India is way too small and the Arabian peninsula is way too big.

I wish Paradox would just switch to globes already.
Not in the current engine they won't. That said, India and Arabia are nothing compared to Mongolia, that is far too much to the west. Paradox itself admitted that. It's likely that the projection will be fixed when they eventually expand further east.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8668 on: August 05, 2015, 05:15:55 pm »

I've actually always liked CKII's map projection. Isn't it mimicking a globe, with the perpendicular point of perspective somewhere around Switzerland? Even with India and Mongolia added, I've liked how it looks like older distorted maps, even if that's just a secondary effect of the projection. It would look stupid with China added, though.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8669 on: August 05, 2015, 10:53:18 pm »

They probably just didn't expect the game to be such a success when they made it.
Pages: 1 ... 576 577 [578] 579 580 ... 1002