Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 573 574 [575] 576 577 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2090831 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #8610 on: July 29, 2015, 08:06:05 am »

Any event that lets one play as the Emperor?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #8611 on: July 29, 2015, 10:20:40 am »

Can't you just choose a date where there's less blobs?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8612 on: July 29, 2015, 10:22:00 am »

Is there a mod somewhere that breaks up the blobs (Ummuayads, Franks etc.)? Me and my brother want to play a game with fewer hugeass blobs, but can't find one. Shattered world is TOO small, and there's no duchy-level shattering.
It was mentioned before in the thread. CK2+ has it. Of course, you'll have to deal with the rest of CK2+.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8613 on: July 29, 2015, 11:31:54 am »

So playing the Warhammer mod I learned a very important lesson. Orks who aren't that good at krumpin things aka personal combat don't get to stay warboss for long. One of my vassals killed me in a duel and became the new warboss and my "son" (Orcs adopt up to 3 (I think) adult members to their clan, so it's more like being a patron than a father) was now just Boss of some 1 province rabble.

Unfortunately the mini-update to the latest CK2 beta patch broke the mod whereas the previous beta patch didn't, so I'm stuck with the horrible performance of 2.4.2 if I want to play this mod, which is already a performance hog due to the world size.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8614 on: July 29, 2015, 11:35:59 am »

So playing the Warhammer mod I learned a very important lesson. Orks who aren't that good at krumpin things aka personal combat don't get to stay warboss for long. One of my vassals killed me in a duel and became the new warboss and my "son" (Orcs adopt up to 3 (I think) adult members to their clan, so it's more like being a patron than a father) was now just Boss of some 1 province rabble.

Unfortunately the mini-update to the latest CK2 beta patch broke the mod whereas the previous beta patch didn't, so I'm stuck with the horrible performance of 2.4.2 if I want to play this mod, which is already a performance hog due to the world size.
Actually, from what I've seen in the mod thread, personal combat stat is currently useless for the most part. They are making a new duel engine that will make it relevant.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8615 on: July 29, 2015, 11:37:10 am »

Yeah... I never understood how duelling even worked. CK2+ had it when I fiddled with it and I couldn't make heads or tails of it.

It seems completely random.

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8616 on: July 29, 2015, 11:39:08 am »

Guys, I'm currently trying the game, playing the "learning scenario" (where I am King Alfonso of Leon, now in 1072).
I want to plot to kill my brother before he gets a son and prevents me from grabbing a nice part of Spain.
I can plot to kill him, with apparently ~60% chances of success, but when I want to invite potential plotters, nobody is willing to join.
If I try to plot agaisnt his wife, I can get some support, but I think that he may try to marry again, as having a son is his current ambition.

Any idea why I may not find anybody who will plot agaisnt him ? It's linked to the fact that every vasal he has is content about him ?
Is there anything including bordering nations that could be done against him (without going to a full-on war) ?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8617 on: July 29, 2015, 11:47:20 am »

If you hover your cursor over the thumbs up / thumbs down symbol in the invite screen, it'll tell you exactly why. If you want to improve your chances you can send your chancellor to sabotage relations and send your spymaster to spy on him for blackmail.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #8618 on: July 29, 2015, 11:49:38 am »

Guys, I'm currently trying the game, playing the "learning scenario" (where I am King Alfonso of Leon, now in 1072).
I want to plot to kill my brother before he gets a son and prevents me from grabbing a nice part of Spain.
I can plot to kill him, with apparently ~60% chances of success, but when I want to invite potential plotters, nobody is willing to join.
If I try to plot agaisnt his wife, I can get some support, but I think that he may try to marry again, as having a son is his current ambition.

Any idea why I may not find anybody who will plot agaisnt him ? It's linked to the fact that every vasal he has is content about him ?
Is there anything including bordering nations that could be done against him (without going to a full-on war) ?
If the hand is horizontal/orange (instead of green or red), bribing them will make like you enough to join your plot.

Most people don't want to join plots no matter what though, unless they really hate their liege (or if the liege  a child).

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8619 on: July 29, 2015, 11:56:24 am »

If you send your chancellor to sow dissent in the target's home county the vassals who get their relationship soured will often back up plots, so a two pronged effort from your spymaster and chancellor can usually get a good rating for your plot.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8620 on: July 29, 2015, 12:07:42 pm »

Actually, from what I've seen in the mod thread, personal combat stat is currently useless for the most part. They are making a new duel engine that will make it relevant.
Yeah... I never understood how duelling even worked. CK2+ had it when I fiddled with it and I couldn't make heads or tails of it.

It seems completely random.

They should just use the Game of Thrones mod's duel engine (I think HiP also uses that one). It works great for those. GoT even has tournament dueling.
Love, scriver~

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8621 on: July 29, 2015, 12:10:31 pm »

You can also seduce women in the court of the target to convine them to back the plot (Bonus if you she is the wife of the target)
(Double bonus if she is the spymaster)

If there are not women in the target court, seduce someone in your own court,then marry her to a random courtier in his court.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8622 on: July 29, 2015, 02:31:50 pm »

was if he could torture people he captured. He was mildly disappointed when I told him you couldn't.
you totally can, you just have to wait for the event to happen
1. Have the cruel trait and wait for the event to fire.
2. Play as the characters of the Byzantine culture group to deal with castrations and eye poking.
3. Mods

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8623 on: July 29, 2015, 02:53:51 pm »

was if he could torture people he captured. He was mildly disappointed when I told him you couldn't.
you totally can, you just have to wait for the event to happen
1. Have the cruel trait and wait for the event to fire.
2. Play as the characters of the Byzantine culture group to deal with castrations and eye poking.
3. Mods

I meant in an active non-Byzantine way, so answers 1 and 2 aren't really what my brother had been looking for.

3 is though.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8624 on: July 29, 2015, 03:04:45 pm »

You can also seduce women in the court of the target to convine them to back the plot (Bonus if you she is the wife of the target)
(Double bonus if she is the spymaster)
If there are not women in the target court, seduce someone in your own court,then marry her to a random courtier in his court.
Is seducing a good idea if I'm married ? (my wife being the spymaster, I don't really want to die earlier than "planned" ... :/ )
Pages: 1 ... 573 574 [575] 576 577 ... 1002