Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 563 564 [565] 566 567 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2090599 times)

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #8460 on: July 19, 2015, 06:08:14 am »

You're only supposed to build Trade Posts on the Silk Road or coasts. Previously landlocked provinces didn't even have a trade post tab, but I guess the SR or maybe Fort features meant that had to change. I guess they forgot to update the code in this regard.
Yeah trade posts are part of the new fort tab so every province has it now regardless.

Personally I don't see why landed trade posts don't work...merchants operate on land too lol

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8461 on: July 19, 2015, 06:22:32 am »

It's because what the "rebublic" government system aims to portray is explicitely the kind of medival merchant states such as Genoa, Venice, or the Hansa, who were all naval based. That there are "merchants on land too" is irrelevant.
Love, scriver~

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8462 on: July 19, 2015, 06:34:40 am »

Though we've now got a more formal division between "republic" and "merchant republic". If one of the screenshots I saw was vanilla, the former even has special picture rings.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #8463 on: July 19, 2015, 07:16:20 am »

Though we've now got a more formal division between "republic" and "merchant republic". If one of the screenshots I saw was vanilla, the former even has special picture rings.
Noticed this. Novgorod in the later starts is listed as "Republic" instead of "Merchant Republic"
No idea whats different though.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8464 on: July 19, 2015, 09:29:02 am »

BFEL, uninstall the game and delete all folders left over. The game itself is pretty small, so it shouldn't be much bother.
This worked by the way. My first Nomad game ended already though, due to being ASSassinated.

Also moderately annoyed that all the places that get access to the Silk Road are places I don't play >.<
You could try the trade ++ which adds longer trade routes, and a few new ones.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8465 on: July 19, 2015, 09:37:46 am »

I'm the happiest cuckold in Lombardy. I caugth my first wife cheating on me so I ask for a divorce. Then I married a genius girl who gave me 4 children for now : 2 genius boy, a genius girl and an attractive girl. Three times I've suspected that the child wasn't from me but I've never pushed the matter. Who cares about blood when you can have geniuses?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8466 on: July 19, 2015, 12:27:00 pm »

I have now mended the Great Schism, converting most of Europe to Orthodoxy. Wales and Ireland have been fully conquered, their last counties taken from Castille and the twitching remains of England.

My goal of rebuilding the Roman empire may be thwarted by the heaving bulk of the Holy Roman Empire, as it possesses several counties I need to complete the Roman duchies.

Otherwise the only threat to me is the Aztecs, with their 50000 event troops waiting in the wings to defend their stolen land in England. I still plan to try and fight them for England, but I may need to be cunning about it.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8467 on: July 19, 2015, 12:51:13 pm »

Noticed this. Novgorod in the later starts is listed as "Republic" instead of "Merchant Republic"
No idea whats different though.
Successions transfer between unrelated nobles of the realm at, and I quote, "random" and they don't build trade posts. I haven't looked into the mechanic very closely, but republics may well be incredibly dangerous due to the lack of scheming relatives and titles persisting without blood ties.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8468 on: July 19, 2015, 01:25:31 pm »

SPQR DLC wen

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8469 on: July 19, 2015, 01:38:54 pm »

Return of Hellenism, make it happen P-Doxy.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8470 on: July 19, 2015, 01:46:29 pm »

SPQR DLC wen
I did create the Roman Empire as a republic!
It totally worked, used normal patrician elective and such. Was still call an empire though. And changing my capital to Rome by decision ruined it  :(
because everyone knows Rome is the world's most famous city castle  :'(
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8471 on: July 19, 2015, 04:44:52 pm »

I'd be very interested to know why I still have the Duchy of Sicily after surrendering to the Sheikh of Malta. The Sheikh of Malta only got the county titles when I surrendered to him.

Not that it mattered for long, since he usurped the title, but I'd still like to know why he didn't have it in the first place.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 04:56:56 pm by Vgray »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8472 on: July 19, 2015, 05:02:34 pm »

SPQR DLC wen
I did create the Roman Empire as a republic!
It totally worked, used normal patrician elective and such. Was still call an empire though. And changing my capital to Rome by decision ruined it  :(
because everyone knows Rome is the world's most famous city castle  :'(
For the record, I think if you did that as of Horse Lords it would work like you intended, as holding type does not override character type now.
No Gods, No Masters.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8473 on: July 19, 2015, 06:28:52 pm »

I'd be very interested to know why I still have the Duchy of Sicily after surrendering to the Sheikh of Malta. The Sheikh of Malta only got the county titles when I surrendered to him.

Not that it mattered for long, since he usurped the title, but I'd still like to know why he didn't have it in the first place.

It's possible he had fabricated/ shopped for claims on all your counties, then declared war for all of them at once.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8474 on: July 19, 2015, 06:34:28 pm »

Actually holy wars only seem to target counties.  When I was holy-warring for the byzantine empire, I had to usurp each duchy after I won it.  If I didn't get all the counties (because of 3rd parties holding them) I don't think I *could* usurp because of the religious difference, you have to own 100% in that case.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 563 564 [565] 566 567 ... 1002