Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 560 561 [562] 563 564 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2090668 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #8415 on: July 16, 2015, 02:59:10 pm »

Not happened to me, and I do have all the shield dlcs. So I guess what Wiles said might be the cause.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #8416 on: July 16, 2015, 06:08:55 pm »

Yup, black shields errywhere, all the time.

I don't really care though, so meh.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8417 on: July 16, 2015, 10:47:53 pm »

My shields are white. White. Not black. White like the light, never like the night.
And there's a muslim one that looks like some cyberpunk persian circuit board tapestry. And an indian one that is black in the map, a castle on the holding screen and the owner of the county's is some glitched texture. It's a wonderful life.

In other news I had the brilliant idea to fire a game where I would win people over to Christ with seduction, only to get massively disappointed when I found out I could only seduce fellow christians. That sounds easily moddable though...

Interus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8418 on: July 16, 2015, 11:22:29 pm »

Has anybody else playing Horse Lords had issues with your vassals raiding you?  Is that intended or what?  Also, in regards to that republic discussion, you can just make a city into a county capital now I think.  I have tested it yet though.  Also, in one of my games, the Byzantines converted to Muslim and made Venice and Amalfi into Muslims, which was weird.

Ok, I guess you can't just make yourself a republic.  Seized the city in Socotra, made it my capitol and gave the barony away.  I'm still feudal and my only holding is of the wrong type.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 11:45:01 pm by Interus »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8419 on: July 17, 2015, 01:42:58 am »

Indeed, the change they made in the DLC was to make government system separated from what kind of holding your capital is.

My shields are white. White. Not black. White like the light, never like the night.

Yup, the known bugs list notes it as either black or white flags.
Love, scriver~

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8420 on: July 17, 2015, 06:57:40 am »

So much civil war, so many rebellions. So many nobles castrated.

Were it not for my Cataphractii retinues and my Byzantine version of Joan of Arc coming to help me I fear I would have lost my empire to an independence movement that was backed by the kings of Scotland and Ireland as well as a few Byzantine Dukes. As it was though nothing they had could match a 33 martial chosen lady leading my armies against them. :D

Now to return to consolidating my power over the empire, castrating rebellious family members and trying to reestablish the Roman Empire and create the first empire of Britain.

Also need to reestablish Crown Authority, a regent who was in favour of lowering it dropped it all the way to limited while I was but a child and my dukes keep fighting each other. I can't raise it again until my heir takes over sadly as my regent siding with the lower authority factions used up my ability to change crown laws for this life.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 07:00:21 am by Grim Portent »
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8421 on: July 17, 2015, 07:44:48 am »

How did you get a woman to be a commander? ??? I thought the only female who could lead armies were rulers.

On Britain, don't make it an empire unless you intend to make it independent. Holding two empires when you're an emperor or two kingdoms when you're a king is never ideal.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8422 on: July 17, 2015, 07:54:21 am »

There's a Joan of Arc event that, if you pick the right choice, spawns a high martial woman who is allowed to lead armies for you.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8423 on: July 17, 2015, 07:58:35 am »

Also that event is only if you have the Sons of Abraham expansion...personally I prefer the demon child event line better :P

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8424 on: July 17, 2015, 07:59:05 am »

I'm just glad they finally allowed all female leaders to lead armies. At long last you can actually play Matilda of Tuscany the way she played herself.
Love, scriver~

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8425 on: July 17, 2015, 09:27:10 am »

How did you get a woman to be a commander? ??? I thought the only female who could lead armies were rulers.

On Britain, don't make it an empire unless you intend to make it independent. Holding two empires when you're an emperor or two kingdoms when you're a king is never ideal.

I've been wondering about that.  What are the downsides, besides potentially having different succession laws?
Being the de-jure liege of the area seems like a significant advantage.  I don't know if it discourages peasant results (probably need to create the kingdoms for that) but I think vassal kings should be less eager for independence, right?
And of course you get de-jure claims on the area, but odds are you don't need those.  Still, it could come up.
Plus there's the trickle of extra prestige which is a small bonus.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8426 on: July 17, 2015, 09:56:35 am »

Kings might be less eager for independence (I don't actually know for sure), but more eager for revolting for the empire title.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8427 on: July 17, 2015, 10:00:14 am »

mostly just boils down to that...more titles = more split loyalties.

That might seem ideal and in some cases it is...but if you have a mass revolt of 4 kinds being organized against you for multiple different titles it can get real deadly and messy...

Don't forget the "so and so wants X title" problem too...very easy to get lots of people wanting titles and having -30 (I think) opinion of you

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8428 on: July 17, 2015, 10:04:55 am »

So far I've subjugated the Abassids and made the Byzantines my tributaries with only a modest sized nomad empire. Not sure if subjugation is the best idea though, now I have a bunch of angry iqta vassals that are going to keep rebelling. It is an easy way to make a massive land grab though.

It helps that it seems easier to get high martial characters as a nomad, my son has 33 martial which is the highest martial score I've ever seen (he is an ugly lunatic cannibal with wolf's blood :P). All in all a nomad playthrough seems to be a bit on the boring side of things. You can expand super fast and can destroy non nomads with ease.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8429 on: July 17, 2015, 10:11:26 am »

All in all a nomad playthrough seems to be a bit on the boring side of things.
Pretty much. Nomads seem to strip away most of the interesting parts of the game.

Vassal management? Irrelevant, you can imprison/revoke/execute at will. Holding management? Burn it all to the ground. Levies? Who needs 'em. Attributes? They don't do anything. Revolts? They don't happen, and all the provinces become your culture/religion anyway. Casus belli? You can "holy war" anyone, even your own religion. Demense limit? lol, as if...

Edit: I suppose this falls into "vassal management", but the vassals you haven't revoked and pillaged yet give you all their taxes and levies with zero effort on your part. Doesn't matter if they're "Revoked Vassal Titles: -3860", they'll still round up 3,000 guys willing to die against this 40,000 adventurer stack...
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 10:35:09 am by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.
Pages: 1 ... 560 561 [562] 563 564 ... 1002