Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 559 560 [561] 562 563 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2090775 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #8400 on: July 16, 2015, 09:33:09 am »

After the new patch, I decided to re-attempt my Slut Queen of England plan. For those who don't know, my plan was to create a custom female ruler in place of the King of England just 3 months after the start of the high Middle Ages. I decided to focus on intrigue and seduction and use that to get all of my vassals' opinions of me up. This time, I took the wounded, (I think ill, but can't quite remember if that was an option.) stressed, and depressed traits, and used the points I recieved to make the character attractive and give her 30 intrigue, 7.1 health, and 80% fertility. I also made her religion Cathar and decided to make all of England Cathar and make this heresy the true Catholic faith if possible.

Anyway, after roughly 30 years of rule, I've conquered all of England, Wales, and 2 Catholic holy sites. In 30 years I've screwed up history so much that England is Cathar, Rome is Cathar, the true Pope is in exile, multiple Anti-Popes exist, albeit no Cathar, everyone in England has STDs (Slut Queen indeed), England has more or less an equal society for men and women, and the first crusade wasn't for Rome or Jerusalem, but for England(and failed)!

Currently, I'm struggling with the making Cathar the true faith portion of the plan. I've fabricated claims on a third holy site held by a King of only 3 counties. The moral authority is around 36%, if I remember correctly off of the top of my head. I remember reading that it was possible on the CKII wiki, but I don't see how to do so. Unfortunetly, Cathar cannot make an anti-Pope because they reject the Papacy because of its corruption.
To make a heresy the true faith, all you need to do is have sufficiently more provinces than the parent faith with the Sons of Abraham expansion (Wiki says 5 provinces more).  Forcing the Catholic MA down will help only indirectly with that (specifically by locking out powerful CBs like crusades and invasions, as well as encouraging other heresies to nibble away at them), so it's not absolutely critical, but it is fun. 

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8401 on: July 16, 2015, 10:12:40 am »

If there are more provinces that are of Cathar religion then there are catholic provinces, the switch will happen.

Technically you have to overshoot by 5 counties.  Confused me when I desperately needed access to Miaphysite holy orders while playing a modded-in heresy.  I was so close...  Not that they would have stopped the Abbassids really.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8402 on: July 16, 2015, 11:28:16 am »

Nomad armies feel pretty strong. The Abassids declared war on me and I was sure I was going to lose because my Khanate wasn't very big. However when our troops met on the field of battle I totally destroyed them with about half the amount of troops (my army was made up of light cavalry and horse archers).

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8403 on: July 16, 2015, 11:32:28 am »

Cavalry (and especially horse archers) are very strong. Especially in the skirmish (first) phase...so you cut down large swaths of men before they actually get to you

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8404 on: July 16, 2015, 11:36:53 am »

Horse archer tactics are hilarious.  They basically consist of shooting at the enemy while running away while laughing.

If it were a videogame, there would be a lot of angry forum posts and calls to nerf them.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8405 on: July 16, 2015, 12:05:33 pm »

Horse archer tactics are hilarious.  They basically consist of shooting at the enemy while running away while laughing.

If it were a videogame, there would be a lot of angry forum posts and calls to nerf them.

Cue every M&B: Warband-er's biggest annoyances: Horse Archering Fagets and Throwers.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8406 on: July 16, 2015, 12:12:04 pm »

"Stop cheezing those fukken' horse archers, guys, or I'll get the pope to ban you" "TRY IT NOOB GIT GUD LRN 2 CK2."

edit: forgot the inevitable: "FITE ME IRL"
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 12:15:30 pm by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8407 on: July 16, 2015, 12:21:52 pm »

"Stop cheezing those fukken' horse archers, guys, or I'll get the pope to ban you" "TRY IT NOOB GIT GUD LRN 2 CK2."

"PARTHIAN SHOT OP NRF PLZ!"

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8408 on: July 16, 2015, 12:29:36 pm »

DEWRITO POPE SAYS GO BACK TO MONGOLIA SCRUB

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
When Czarina Jeanne I came of age and took control of the nation from the Regency Council (who had done an all right job, though the people did not like them), she paid the ailing Ming little heed beyond the already existing relations, and continued conquering where her forefathers had left off.
Then one day the Ming Emperor was killed/died, probably assassinated or beheaded by peasants or something, and a new Emperor climbed his way to the top of a Throne that lorded over an Empire of blood, ash and Buddhism. This Emperor realized that his Empire was somewhat fucked, full of angry Nationalists and Buddhist Warlords, always on the brink of Mongol invasions and he was probably going to die very soon. Hundreds of thousands of soldiers raised arms in rebellion every few months, the Imperial armies were dead and the previous Emperor gave him debts without gold.
He did the only thing he could, and sent an envoy west.

Against all odds this envoy wasn't killed by Buddhist warlords and made it to the Tibetan plateau, where he was captured by Serbian Gusars and brought south to the nearest port, where he was then sent to the Persian gulf and finally made it to Jerusalem to seek an audience with the great Czarina Jeanne I.
When Czarina Jeanne heard the envoy, she sent him back immediately with several thousand gold ducats and a message with only three words: "Family first, brother."
Jeanne could not believe it. In this time of chaos the Chinese court had refused the ascension of a Ming noble in favour of a Miroslav. Emperor Yin Miroslav found himself being given thousands of gold in gifts, an endless supply of gold in subsidies and the appearance of Conquistadors with zero qualms about unleashing the power of cannons upon the warlords.
The Serbian forces stationed in Ming have been running around killing Rebels and recapturing besieged holdings for a while now. The rebels keep reappearing. I have decided that instead of doing the hard thing and conquering Ming I shall do the impossible thing and save the Mingroslav dynasty, help it Westernize and keep it independent.
So far so good, Yin has produced an heir. Zaihou Miroslav is the future.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8409 on: July 16, 2015, 02:21:04 pm »

Started a new ironman game as High Chief of Kryvia. Got married right away. After a while, I notice I still don't have a son. Started getting concubines. Still no son. By the time my character was 50, he had *nine* daughters and no son.

Y U NO Y CHROMOSOME??

Eventually, my seventh daughter became widowed and I matrilineally married her to some Polish guy. She cranked out a grandson just in time to inherit when I croaked. Wasn't even sure if that'd work since the succession was agnatic elective.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8410 on: July 16, 2015, 02:23:09 pm »

Is anyone else having black shield issues after Horsie Lords? I'm missing almost every major dynasty's CoA suddenly. I deleted my gfx folder, but that didn't help, so I'm not sure what to do. Wait for a patch? I don't see a thousand voices crying out about this on the Paradox forums, though, so I'm guessing it's not happened to everyone.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8411 on: July 16, 2015, 02:29:26 pm »

Yeah, I'm seeing that too. Even for major dynasties like the Umayyads. Also, I had an Ilmenian bastard, who when it generated his new dynastic name, was House Blackbird. Which is neat, but not very Slavic.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8412 on: July 16, 2015, 02:40:24 pm »

I've read on the paradox forums that people are guessing that the black shield bug is happening to people who don't own a certain Dynasty Shields DLC.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8413 on: July 16, 2015, 02:46:04 pm »

Aye, I'm seeing it too. Lombard King is black, but Karlings are not, but Umayyad and Abbasid are.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8414 on: July 16, 2015, 02:53:17 pm »

Yes, it happened to me to. It's noted in the list of known 2.4 bugs.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 559 560 [561] 562 563 ... 1002