Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 558 559 [560] 561 562 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2090981 times)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #8385 on: July 15, 2015, 05:09:09 pm »

I wish pillaging wasn't so tedious/miserable/time consuming. I'm pondering invading the Umayyads, because Andalusia is really rich and stuff... but burning 35 provinces to the ground is going to take about 20 in game years, not to mention all the micromanagement.

The place is still mostly Catholic too, but the Pope doesn't seem all that bothered by me burning his sheep and replacing them with more literal ones.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #8386 on: July 15, 2015, 05:50:50 pm »

I wish pillaging wasn't so tedious/miserable/time consuming. I'm pondering invading the Umayyads, because Andalusia is really rich and stuff... but burning 35 provinces to the ground is going to take about 20 in game years, not to mention all the micromanagement.

The place is still mostly Catholic too, but the Pope doesn't seem all that bothered by me burning his sheep and replacing them with more literal ones.
The pope has a odd predilection to act in a very un-popely way at the slightest provocation.  Much like everyone else. Mine has almost taken italy as a whole and is basically a feudal lord on his own.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8387 on: July 15, 2015, 06:23:22 pm »

Regarding Muslim republics: In 1066 Cordoba is a OPM republic in Spain. Of course, it's landlocked, so you can unfortunately not play it.

Did you load an old save? Because any time paradox releases a Jew expansion you can pretty much expect old saves to be broken.
THINGS I NEVER KNEW ABOUT MONGOLS

Oops. Quite changed the meaning of that, didn't you, autocorrect.
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8388 on: July 15, 2015, 07:48:22 pm »

Oy vey I'm getting too Khazar for this shit

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8389 on: July 15, 2015, 10:07:19 pm »

I went ahead and got the Rome Retinue pack.  Put the other 5 bucks into the old X-com game.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8390 on: July 15, 2015, 10:15:41 pm »

Oh, I recommend checking out the openxcom project.  It requires a copy of XCOM, and keeps the same retro interface, but runs smoothly and fixes a lot of issues and adds a few features.  Has mod support too.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8391 on: July 15, 2015, 10:44:17 pm »

Oh, I recommend checking out the openxcom project.  It requires a copy of XCOM, and keeps the same retro interface, but runs smoothly and fixes a lot of issues and adds a few features.  Has mod support too.
Does it work with the steam version?
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8392 on: July 15, 2015, 10:49:22 pm »

Yeah, the steam version has all the same files.  I think they only applied the Steam overlay stuff to the packaged version of dosbox.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8393 on: July 16, 2015, 01:12:09 am »

After the new patch, I decided to re-attempt my Slut Queen of England plan. For those who don't know, my plan was to create a custom female ruler in place of the King of England just 3 months after the start of the high Middle Ages. I decided to focus on intrigue and seduction and use that to get all of my vassals' opinions of me up. This time, I took the wounded, (I think ill, but can't quite remember if that was an option.) stressed, and depressed traits, and used the points I recieved to make the character attractive and give her 30 intrigue, 7.1 health, and 80% fertility. I also made her religion Cathar and decided to make all of England Cathar and make this heresy the true Catholic faith if possible.

Anyway, after roughly 30 years of rule, I've conquered all of England, Wales, and 2 Catholic holy sites. In 30 years I've screwed up history so much that England is Cathar, Rome is Cathar, the true Pope is in exile, multiple Anti-Popes exist, albeit no Cathar, everyone in England has STDs (Slut Queen indeed), England has more or less an equal society for men and women, and the first crusade wasn't for Rome or Jerusalem, but for England(and failed)!

Currently, I'm struggling with the making Cathar the true faith portion of the plan. I've fabricated claims on a third holy site held by a King of only 3 counties. The moral authority is around 36%, if I remember correctly off of the top of my head. I remember reading that it was possible on the CKII wiki, but I don't see how to do so. Unfortunetly, Cathar cannot make an anti-Pope because they reject the Papacy because of its corruption.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8394 on: July 16, 2015, 01:14:59 am »

You can choose Cathar religion in the ruler designer??
So long ironman, you lost me at wasting a dozen hours on SPQR.  It's all absolute-cognatic holy war fest from here on.
She/they

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8395 on: July 16, 2015, 03:11:05 am »

Oy vey I'm getting too Khazar for this shit

All hail Genghis Khaz, Khaz of Khazs!
Love, scriver~

Chosrau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8396 on: July 16, 2015, 04:03:26 am »

Currently, I'm struggling with the making Cathar the true faith portion of the plan. I've fabricated claims on a third holy site held by a King of only 3 counties. The moral authority is around 36%, if I remember correctly off of the top of my head. I remember reading that it was possible on the CKII wiki, but I don't see how to do so. Unfortunetly, Cathar cannot make an anti-Pope because they reject the Papacy because of its corruption.

If there are more provinces that are of Cathar religion then there are catholic provinces, the switch will happen.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #8397 on: July 16, 2015, 04:05:25 am »

Got this game on the Steam sale. Mostly PTW but also possibly PTW.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8398 on: July 16, 2015, 07:26:08 am »

Are you sure Muslim republics aren't a thing? I know they form regular (non trade and thus non playable) ones.

I made a Georgian Muslim Hashemite trade republic once on the black sea. I think it was Taurica.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8399 on: July 16, 2015, 07:46:54 am »

So I started a new game after the patch wrecked my file and some new interesting stuff has happened. First up, the Abyssids didn't eat all of non-Hispanic Kebabistan and they didn't ally with Umayyids, meaning the Reconquista is about one or two centuries ahead of schedule. Second, I have like 5 or 6 family members with positive genetic traits. Third and lastly, my current guy has 8 legitimate children from a single wife, which I think is a new record for me.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.
Pages: 1 ... 558 559 [560] 561 562 ... 1002