Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 554 555 [556] 557 558 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2091108 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #8325 on: July 14, 2015, 10:37:34 am »

The whole horse lords situation has been fixed. For real, this time.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8326 on: July 14, 2015, 10:38:05 am »

Tribes can make other tribes in their holdings at the cost of prestige, now. Yay!

You mean the "tribe" holding? Or like... other tribes? Tribeception? an infinite amount of tribe-vassalage?

Become the most prestigious ruler of Ireland, unite the clans under your banner; the one true Celtic king. I dig it.

what?

Exactly.

....Ok, what I ment was in the 700s start from Charlemagne, all those individual lands are all tribes, so if I could use this to create an infinite amount of tribe vassals under me, I could create Super Ireland. And use those empty lands for something.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8327 on: July 14, 2015, 10:39:34 am »

Sense has been made this day.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8328 on: July 14, 2015, 10:48:43 am »

I'm still confused.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8329 on: July 14, 2015, 10:49:06 am »

Tribes can make other tribes in their holdings at the cost of prestige, now. Yay!

You mean the "tribe" holding? Or like... other tribes? Tribeception? an infinite amount of tribe-vassalage?
Become the most prestigious ruler of Ireland, unite the clans under your banner; the one true Celtic king. I dig it.

what?

Exactly.

....Ok, what I ment was in the 700s start from Charlemagne, all those individual lands are all tribes, so if I could use this to create an infinite amount of tribe vassals under me, I could create Super Ireland. And use those empty lands for something.
Are you sure he doesn't mean "nomadic tribes"?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8330 on: July 14, 2015, 11:44:22 am »

I've gotten hit by a severe case of the black flag bug with this patch. Iirc you're supposed to delete the gfx folder when that happens, but it didn't work for some reason. Any ideas?

As a tribe, having unused holdings in a county gives you bonus manpower from that county.
Love, scriver~

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8331 on: July 14, 2015, 11:57:19 am »

As a tribe, having unused holdings in a county gives you bonus manpower from that county.
I noticed this, but I'd still rather get to traditional castles and cities and stuff asap.

Are you sure he doesn't mean "nomadic tribes"?
~So back to the thing that caused all of this mass mind fuck; using prestige you can build nomadic tribes as vassals? I was thinking like, extra regular tribal vassals.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8332 on: July 14, 2015, 11:59:40 am »

Why would that be a thing??? Isn't the point of currently having 1/so few holdings in a province to make them excellent early game and rebuff them in the extreme when they go feudal?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8333 on: July 14, 2015, 12:31:13 pm »

Why would that be a thing??? Isn't the point of currently having 1/so few holdings in a province to make them excellent early game and rebuff them in the extreme when they go feudal?

Hold up, I'm confused again. My brain's logic:
As an Irish tribal chief you start out religiously reformed (Catholic, with the benefits) but because you're tribal culture, you can only hold tribal holdings and you can still take concubines. But once you go Feudal, all that goes bye-bye.

Your endgoal is either to go Merchant Republic or Feudal Kingdom right? Being a tribal leader's awesome for the beginning but most of your levy will be light infantry and you'll have very little cavalry and you can't build new holdings (unless that news earlier was about making new tribal holdings, which is only mildly exciting).
But if the news was you can make a nomadic tribal holding that has very similar benefits but without apparently taking a slot (from the wiki, apparently nomadic tribes only need empty land to grow population and everything them is based on population), you can begin to see my excitement.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8334 on: July 14, 2015, 12:39:30 pm »

Nomads are not Tribals. Tribals can indeed now build new tribe holdings. The two governments have different mechanics. Only two things have changed for tribals in the last patch: they can build extra holdings and now have more loot to be pillaged.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8335 on: July 14, 2015, 12:51:35 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
tl;dr, 45th try was successful. The Empire has gotten considerably more religious, and has expanded far enough to West Africa that it has reached the coastline. The wars between the great powers of Europe have been limited both in scope and geography, happening only in the Iberian peninsula with relatively little bloodshed. Still can't decide on whether to get expansion or exploration as an NI. I'm leaning towards exploration just because that +25% naval force limit makes it of far more use in the long run than more trade power or quicker ship construction. And now to download a new After the End for Miroslav 2 apocalypse boogaloo.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8336 on: July 14, 2015, 01:27:51 pm »

Started a Horse Lords game at the Mongols bookmark, as a Mongol vassal. Everything seemed to be working until Genghis succeeded in the Invasion, and... gained like half of Persia, with the rest going independent? This was followed a few minutes later by an event telling me the mighty Genghis had decided to settle down and form a new realm... at which point the Mongol Empire fractured and passed to me.

Yeaah, I think they still might have some things to patch.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8337 on: July 14, 2015, 01:31:11 pm »

On the bright side more Genghis for you

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8338 on: July 14, 2015, 01:32:59 pm »

I really wish they didn't use their fans as their Q&A team. It's usually a patch or two before things start working right after they release a DLC.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8339 on: July 14, 2015, 01:47:49 pm »

Nomads are not Tribals. Tribals can indeed now build new tribe holdings. The two governments have different mechanics. Only two things have changed for tribals in the last patch: they can build extra holdings and now have more loot to be pillaged.

Thank you for the info, I was kinda fuzzy about this. Now to try a new tribal game I guess, I was still playing around with England.
Pages: 1 ... 554 555 [556] 557 558 ... 1002