Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 553 554 [555] 556 557 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2091104 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #8310 on: July 14, 2015, 05:55:14 am »

I have a level 22 chancellor, a level 30 marshal, a level 25 steward, a level 21 spymaster, and a level 19 court chaplain. The marshal does not have Jesus giving him military advice. Am I awesome or what? :D

The character I'm playing as is pretty awesome too. She's stomped three rebellions, two civil wars, conquered Jerusalem (earning her the nickname, 'the Great'), has the actual pope and a holy order as her vassals, conquered Italy without allied help, and the Byzantine emperor is of the same dynasty, meaning unification of the two empires is as easy as sending a marriage proposal. Also, 5k gold. Just to top it all off, I think I'll have her depose the HRE's antipope.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8311 on: July 14, 2015, 07:18:32 am »

The new CK2 patch and DLC comes out today. Gonna wait for the DLC to come on sale, but dat patch has me excited. Performance and loading fixes? Fuck yeah. Bug fixin and the ability to designate commanders from your court? Finally another reason to monk sons; raise your non heirs to have good martial stats and title them as generals in your army after forcing them to take vows. Also, get some leverage with the holy orders and put your general-monks up in there.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8312 on: July 14, 2015, 08:33:13 am »

How do you get your sons to join holy orders?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8313 on: July 14, 2015, 08:33:45 am »

Aaaaaaand patching.

Sons of Abraham feature, iirc.
Love, scriver~

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8314 on: July 14, 2015, 08:35:40 am »

Aaaaaaand patching.

Sons of Abraham feature, iirc.

Also, the Paradox store does a big sale in conjunction with the release. Lasts until Friday.
Love, scriver~

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8315 on: July 14, 2015, 08:38:53 am »

Hold off on buying Horse Lords for now. From what I've seen, there are a few problems (steam-related). In short: you may see the russian versions of the DLC even if you are not in Russia. A lot of people have reported that they bought the collection version (which include cosmetic dlc), but only the base horse lords is appearing in their library.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8316 on: July 14, 2015, 08:39:33 am »

So I decided to have a megacampaign. Can you suggest nice start and house rules to prevents me blobbing too much? I'm thinking of sticking to Gavelkind to the end.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8317 on: July 14, 2015, 08:44:36 am »

So I decided to have a megacampaign. Can you suggest nice start and house rules to prevents me blobbing too much? I'm thinking of sticking to Gavelkind to the end.
Roleplay your characters? Can't go on an expansion spree as a craven content character, slothful and greedy characters will pick the bad education event options instead of always the best one. That tends to slow down expansion a bit.

And/or start as a vassal count as well.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8318 on: July 14, 2015, 09:12:46 am »

One house rule is to only allow yourself one empire. Any expansion beyond, say... Francia, or Cumania, or Russia that you make, needs to go to another character (with some delay so you can give them the entire kingdom or empire, whichever you decide)

Up to you which character. Family member? Home-grown native? One of your courtiers?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8319 on: July 14, 2015, 09:19:10 am »

one way to slow progression is to ONLY allow family members to take over new land that does not already have a holding and is not lined up to take a holding upon death of the owner.

While it may be somewhat easy to spit out tons of children you will find it harder to expand rapidly as you need to wait for children to become adults and for children/adults that are eligible (usually 3rd 4th etc sons) to fit the criteria.

It also has the tricky addition of occasionally finding non family rulers that you need to root out and replace with a family member...which makes focusing on expansion harder as well

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8320 on: July 14, 2015, 09:36:31 am »

This requires the Sons of Abraham DLC, but the general idea is that when the crusades roll around, holy orders will form. You can vassalise these orders and give them a home in your kingdom. You see where this is headed.

While I have the last post, some things I noticed about the new patch. Don't have Horse Lords yet, but I'm holding off until it inevitably goes on sale.

-Forts are only 20 gold to set up and are the first thing sieged when enemies roll in.
Forts cost no upkeep and hold, I think, a percentage of your holdings garrisons.
Forts contribute a little to fort level (duh) and help protect your loots.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 09:43:02 am by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8321 on: July 14, 2015, 10:20:34 am »

EDIT: nevermind

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8322 on: July 14, 2015, 10:30:57 am »

Tribes can make other tribes in their holdings at the cost of prestige, now. Yay!

You mean the "tribe" holding? Or like... other tribes? Tribeception? an infinite amount of tribe-vassalage?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8323 on: July 14, 2015, 10:32:30 am »

Tribes can make other tribes in their holdings at the cost of prestige, now. Yay!

You mean the "tribe" holding? Or like... other tribes? Tribeception? an infinite amount of tribe-vassalage?

Become the most prestigious ruler of Ireland, unite the clans under your banner; the one true Celtic king. I dig it.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8324 on: July 14, 2015, 10:33:11 am »

Become the most prestigious ruler of Ireland, unite the clans under your banner; the one true Celtic king. I dig it.

what?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.
Pages: 1 ... 553 554 [555] 556 557 ... 1002