Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 550 551 [552] 553 554 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2091209 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #8265 on: July 12, 2015, 04:23:56 am »

Yeah, its for stuff like Crusades, where you'll suddenly take 30+ holdings, most of them the wrong type, and nobody likes sorting through a dozen cities creating a dozen mayors.
It is better to just hand off kingdom/duchies/counties to skilled administrators with the "include all titles" box, and let them sort it out. The bonus is that all the new Lords will appreciate your vassal for the vassal technically being the one to promote them, increasing tax revenues and levy counts. As long as your vassal remains loyal to you, this is good. And your vassal should for at least one generation, because you gave them several dozen counties and all of their baronies.

Is it worth letting things progress into a Scot/Byzantine nation or should I change my succession laws to prevent that?
NEVER turn down free empire
There is one good reason to turn down free empire: Forming an Empire takes away your ability to merge duchies into one Kingdom.

I am quite tempted to try a monoKingdom run. Can you imagine the prepared invasion cbs! The Great Holy War cbs! You could expel the world's nobles in one war!

And on that same vein of utterly broken, I took a brief interlude from the Murrican Miroslavs to try and see if I could find a new way to convert my old 700 year long game into an EUIV game. Tried manually deleting dead characters and the chronicle, reducing the save to 1/4 of its size, but I deleted something important and the save just crashed. However, I am nothing if not persistent - and decided that I would also settle with a crude approximation on a smaller save, so I set out to do in 14 years what had taken over 700 to achieve. Cheating was done in abundance, and if I were living in that world I would be terrified beyond imagine of the inevitability of Miroslaving. They conquered the entire world in the span of a few days, but there was only one Miroslav at the time - so they were handed off to Nobles of the cultures that attained dominance at the end of the 700 year run. The Roman Empire was recreated, the Empire of Germania was replaced by the Holy Roman Empire and in general all the borders of the Empires were much cleaner this time around (though sadly, this did remove the cool oddities like the Teutonic Knights of Transylvania, the Merchant Republic of the Black Sea, the old Saxons of Sussex, the Zoroastrians of Fergana Valley and the mess that was Hispanian culture). Things only went off the deep end when the Miroslavs began breeding. They sexually matured within days, like plague rats (coincidentally, arriving during the black plague). Whilst all the nobles died of the black death the Miroslavs were frolicking through the bloodlines of everyone from the Plantaganets to the Habspurgs and the Mongols. They were even possessed of certain traits that made it impossible to do anything other than love Miroslavs, and very quickly all the Empires shot up to absolute authority as the world demanded the autocratic rule of their beloved Miroslavs, who had at this point great-great-great grandfathers at the age of 27.
Probably the best fun I've had with balls to the wall cheating, and at one point before making the traits that forced total happiness upon the realms I settled with making all the important vassals homosexual crusaders just to get the opinion modifiers on attraction to gregarious/strong/fair/genius/quick uberslav. Now I've just got to do a shit ton of editing on the EU converted map to clear up the clusterfuck conversion does to the African/Asian borders and it should be good to go.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8266 on: July 12, 2015, 04:39:21 am »

The Coming of the Serb 2: Serbageddon
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8267 on: July 12, 2015, 06:05:59 am »

The Serbs: 2 Hands, 1 Accordion, 0 Kebab
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8268 on: July 12, 2015, 06:11:20 am »

The Serbening
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8269 on: July 12, 2015, 08:05:03 am »

Once upon a time in Serbia

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #8270 on: July 12, 2015, 01:19:43 pm »

The NEW Adventures of Serbperman!
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8271 on: July 12, 2015, 01:29:44 pm »

Captain Serbia: The Mirosalv Soldier
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8272 on: July 12, 2015, 01:32:00 pm »

Serbians of the Serbaxy

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8273 on: July 12, 2015, 02:38:54 pm »

A Song of Ice and Serbians.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8274 on: July 12, 2015, 03:42:12 pm »

A Tale of Two Serbs
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8275 on: July 12, 2015, 03:53:33 pm »

CKII: Serbian Movie Thread

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Miroslav Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #8276 on: July 12, 2015, 04:36:42 pm »

Somewhere, a Serbian nationalist looks upon this thread and weeps tears of joy.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8277 on: July 12, 2015, 06:14:54 pm »

IT WORKED

WORLD EMPIRE NOW

MIROSLAV FOR EVERYONE

I CAN'T HOLD ALL THESE MIROSLAV EMPERORS

*This Universe is the 44th attempt at creating an EUIV Miroslav game. Despite the political borders being roughly correct and all the right Miroslavs being in the right places, I forgot to add the correct coring.
The rebellions started out with millions. By the end, throughout the Serbian, Scandinavian and Roman Empires were rebellions which contained armies which had more soldiers than there were humans alive that year somehow. The revolt in Rome alone had 350,000 men, and Iceland somehow raised an army of 160,000 out of a population of a few hundred. I assume this is part of the apocalypse that predated the Murrica run. Very quickly this rendered the game unplayable as the world became one eternal rebellion against the world.

We shall try again with the 45th Universe.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8278 on: July 13, 2015, 12:07:26 am »

If you ever conquer the entire world, buy an unpatched Vicky 2 electronically off of Amazon and port your game into it.

Miroslavs versus rebels.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #8279 on: July 13, 2015, 05:06:38 am »

1444 the Year the Serb stood still.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.
Pages: 1 ... 550 551 [552] 553 554 ... 1002