Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 521 522 [523] 524 525 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2090252 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #7830 on: June 09, 2015, 09:29:50 pm »

King of Dragon Pass. If you like CK2, definitely check it out.
Is that the game people were talking in the SALES thread and was on sale on GOG recently?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7832 on: June 09, 2015, 09:31:21 pm »

Yep.
It's an adventure game slash turn based strategy.  I recommend checking out GrimithR's LP.  It's a difficult game.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7834 on: June 09, 2015, 09:55:12 pm »

Yep.
It's an adventure game slash turn based strategy.  I recommend checking out GrimithR's LP.  It's a difficult game.
Okay, I like some of Grimith's stuff, so I'll definitely check that out.

Trying to grab it on GOg, but my card isn't working for some reason. I'll try again sometime in the next 9 hours or so.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7835 on: June 10, 2015, 01:02:32 am »

What's DHE? Also, yeah, AFAIK there was little feudal nobility, because the Crown could keep a lot of land it got from the Moors.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7836 on: June 10, 2015, 01:27:00 am »

My main grief with HIP is that at some point they abandoned "historical" for "pop culture references in every event".

And also that a lot of the events it adds just feel boring and... Uneventful.

Edit: By the way, I believe there was supposed to be some sort of processing speed upgrade with the release of this patch. Anyone notice anything?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 01:30:05 am by scriver »
Love, scriver~

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #7837 on: June 10, 2015, 07:33:59 am »

That is just VIET. The lead dev for VIET has retired. The main HIP additions are EMF (a whole bunch of new mechanics) + PB, SWMH (new map), NBRT+ (prettier map), and ARKO (new faces). VIET, honestly, does not really make much of a difference. There's a new developer of it who will probably cut down on its... strangeness, but in the meantime you can just go without and lose nothing.

And by strangeness, you mean constant immersion-breaking dick jokes.

Anyway, has anyone else here tried the Morrocan Ibadi starts? So far as I can tell they're near-impossible, because if the Umayyads don't holy war you to death the Africans/Abassids will. I suppose its only viable without ruler-designer shenanigans if you keep trying until you get a run where both of those powers collapse extremely early. The nearby tribal Shia starts are still viable, so if you want to try that then spend 2 rulers converting to Ibadi that can work, but it's still reliant on you getting lucky and the Umayyads not blitzkrieg holy-warring half of Mauritania and setting down to be an eternally-stable blob.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7838 on: June 10, 2015, 08:03:43 am »

All the stupid immature dick jokes are why I don't play that mod

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7839 on: June 10, 2015, 09:48:10 am »

I've never come across a dick joke in my games. What.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7840 on: June 10, 2015, 09:53:01 am »

Its reeeeaally fucking annoying

At least when I played...like every 5 minutes (literally) I would get some random event that literally was just a text box that gave you 5 prestige and said something like

"I went out to the chicken coop today and picked the biggest juiciest COCK I could find for dinner tonight"

and other crap like that worded to use the word cock (in all caps) in suggestive ways

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7841 on: June 10, 2015, 10:54:29 am »

Yeah, I remember there being a lot of them in the last version I tried as well.
Love, scriver~

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7842 on: June 10, 2015, 11:08:48 am »

I seem to remember big juicy cock being in vanilla. It's not like the game hasn't been all sick meme bro since the scroll depository was added.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7844 on: June 10, 2015, 12:14:28 pm »

It's not in vanilla.

But yes, the base game and DLC is already very referencial. Now double that twice and you get VIET levels of referencial ;)
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 521 522 [523] 524 525 ... 1002