Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 520 521 [522] 523 524 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2090303 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #7815 on: June 07, 2015, 04:34:22 pm »

It certainly could be, CKII is full of things sticking where they shouldn't.
*waggles eyebrows*
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7816 on: June 08, 2015, 06:57:40 am »

Even so, that's ridiculous for someone who isn't Emperor of Half The World.

I say modding.

440k polish army @ the Charlemagne scenario before 800?....it is a modded game obviously. Even 44k would be hard to achieve, even tho that should be possible via decent marriages I guess. [PS. The Carolingian Empire starts with 45k troops in 867.]

« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 07:01:32 am by gimli »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7817 on: June 09, 2015, 10:23:17 am »

New devdiary out

Since nomads have less vassals than normal, they have to deal with clans instead. Clans also use the population and manpower (and you can play as them) as well as having an opinion of each other clan in general called clan sentiment. Big realms are encouraged to have a lot of clans, but too many in a too small realm will end up with big problems happening. There is a new screen depicting clan relations (see below). There are lines running between the clans. Red means a "Blood Feud" and green "Blood Oath". A clan can only have one blood oath, but as many feuds as you want. Feuds are started by declaring one or raiding other clans (you can attack other clans in the realm despite all being under the same khan). Oaths can be declared with another clan like a marriage and lasts while both leaders are alive. This allows you to call them to wars against other clans. Feuds end when one party pays a certain price or when one of the clans is no more. It is harder to manage vassal clans, I guess it encourages tyrannic actions.

Spoiler: images (click to show/hide)

Also, supposedly there is a patch today:
Code: [Select]
- Updated government calculation to be up to date with EU4 1.12
- Fixed the localisation issues on Mac and Linux with country names
- Ibadi is now its own main religion like it should be

NOTE: We are aware of an issue on Mac and Linux caused by EU4's recent engine upgrade, which broke EU4's ability to find the exported games from CK2. For now, you have to manually copy the exported save from eu4_export/mod to EU4's mod folder but this will be fixed ASAP by the EU4 team.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7818 on: June 09, 2015, 10:52:06 am »

Hm, I just noticed that the size of the world map won't be changed for the expansion. It looks like that the devs won't touch it 'til the China & Japan expansions...from a historical point of view this will be annoying - The Mongol Empire before 1259, but it's understandable if I "think with the head of the devs". Now I am pretty sure that the China expansion will be the next one.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 10:56:55 am by gimli »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7819 on: June 09, 2015, 10:54:43 am »

Hm, I just noticed that the size of the world map won't be changed for the expansion. It looks like that the devs won't touch it 'til the China & Japan expansions...from a historical point of view this will be annoying - The Mongol Empire before 1259, but it's understandable if I "think with the head of the devs". Now I am pretty sure that the China expansion will be the next one.
I think they may push it just a little bit to the east, in order to encompass most of central asia without touching China. But yeah, most provinces will be in wasteland north of India. Take a look at the minimap in the images above.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 10:59:37 am by Teneb »
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7820 on: June 09, 2015, 10:59:31 am »

I think they may push it just a little bit to the east, in order to encompass most of central asia without touching China. But yeah, most provinces will be in wasteland north of India.
China is the Poland of Mongolia. You can't not include it! :'(
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7821 on: June 09, 2015, 11:19:31 am »

I think they may push it just a little bit to the east, in order to encompass most of central asia without touching China. But yeah, most provinces will be in wasteland north of India. Take a look at the minimap in the images above.

It's allright for now...side note: those territories [China etc.] became more important when Kublai [Great Khan of the Mongols & Emperor of the Yuan dynasty] reigned. The 4 Khanates.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7822 on: June 09, 2015, 02:55:36 pm »

Today on Naggaroth FM, FUCKING EVERYONE REVOLTS!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
BEASTMEN
DINOSAUR-ELVES
CHAOS
AAAAAHHHHHH! REMOVE SPIKE! REMOVE!
Even the ones that suicide on the garrison are a pain!

Oh god, it's over.
It's finally over.

It was at this point that I expressed my frustrations in a healthy way, by executing my entire prison and crushing several Slaaneshi under mass plot power.

GAH!

I swear, when I am finished they will only worship the Old Ones in hell.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #7823 on: June 09, 2015, 03:14:16 pm »

Red means a "Blood Feud"
KoDP mod someone make it happen
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #7824 on: June 09, 2015, 03:28:21 pm »

Red means a "Blood Feud"

Oooh, that would be good.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7825 on: June 09, 2015, 03:58:52 pm »

Red means a "Blood Feud"
It only works for nomads though (according to devs), and the Orlanthi are tribal. We do need a KoDP/RuneQuest mod though.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 04:03:35 pm by Teneb »

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7826 on: June 09, 2015, 04:09:20 pm »

Orlanthi are just as Nomadic as they are tribal...I can definitely see this system working for them. At least in a way that is far more interesting than tribal mechanics

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #7827 on: June 09, 2015, 04:15:22 pm »

The Orlanthi are mainly not nomadic.  Generally if they leave one settlement for another it means that they are dissatisfied with the way that its being run.

Doesn't mean it couldn't be made to work.  Maybe give them no/very few CBs that take land?  So you're still restricted to your little patch unless you force another clan off.  That would be in line with KoDP's mechanics.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7828 on: June 09, 2015, 09:25:40 pm »

What's KoDP?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7829 on: June 09, 2015, 09:26:57 pm »

King of Dragon Pass. If you like CK2, definitely check it out.
Pages: 1 ... 520 521 [522] 523 524 ... 1002