Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 518 519 [520] 521 522 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2090487 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #7785 on: June 06, 2015, 06:18:13 am »

What mod is that anyway?
Warhammer: Geheimnisnacht. It's pretty close to being finished, lacks Ogres and Skaven at the moment.
Reign of tyranny?
I got way too many vassals for that.
Imprison and execute the Slaaneshi infidels?

There are literally hundreds of known plots firing all the time because these are Dark Elves, but the Queen-Mother is the real problem. She's the top of the pyramid for them and will probably quickly convert any of her vassals I can replace. It should be noted that the Atharti aren't infidels, she's an elven goddess of pleasure and considered an accepted subset of my religion. It's just that this elven pleasure goddess is totally Slaanesh, 99%, no question. Every single member of this cult has got all sorts of fucked up traits. What event causes them all to gain facial disfiguration despite not being involved in war is something I'll be happier not knowing.
Provoke them into uprising?
Possibly. I have a 1% chance of being able to imprison the Queen-Mother, and revoking her kingdom is a "Maybe".
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7786 on: June 06, 2015, 08:41:02 am »

Well, that settles it. I've been thinking of downloading the WHF mod for some time. Now I just have to.
Love, scriver~

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7787 on: June 06, 2015, 08:46:41 am »

That mod looks fun.  Figures the lizardman lands would be tough to subjugate.  Dinosaur revolts, heh.  That deadly jungle malus sounds awful IC, a neat idea OOC.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7788 on: June 06, 2015, 09:31:58 am »

Also: Dorfs

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7789 on: June 06, 2015, 09:43:08 am »

The dorfs are kind of bullshit though, the special holdings have astronomical fort level bonuses that will result in multi-year sieges to take them down while simultaneously turning any assault into a bloodbath.

There are also Chaos Dwarfs.

Interestingly, the goblin menace in my game is actually extending beyond Nobdy. Back in the old world the largest greenskin empire is held by goblins, who are proving more stable than orcs.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7790 on: June 06, 2015, 10:04:48 am »

The dorfs are kind of bullshit though, the special holdings have astronomical fort level bonuses that will result in multi-year sieges to take them down while simultaneously turning any assault into a bloodbath.
Isn't that pretty close to lore?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7791 on: June 06, 2015, 10:15:58 am »

I'm not super familiar with Warhammer Fantasy.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7792 on: June 06, 2015, 10:28:50 am »

So you get them by crushing their armies until you capture their Kings?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7793 on: June 06, 2015, 10:46:47 am »

Possibly. I have a 1% chance of being able to imprison the Queen-Mother, and revoking her kingdom is a "Maybe".

Position troops on every part of her kingdom, if possible. Then go for the revoke.

Maybes for me are usually a yes though.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7794 on: June 06, 2015, 12:00:00 pm »

Isn't that pretty close to lore?
More or less. Greatest Waagh ever couldn't be asked to wait out a Dwarven siege. Skaven seem to do pretty well taking Dorf Fortresses, though I suppose that's because they're sneaky rats and just attack from underground.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7795 on: June 06, 2015, 03:15:02 pm »

I've been playing an England game, and doing the usual, converting heathens, the like, when suddenly, a wild slavic Poland appears.

Poland is invading the wild clusterfuck that is the HRE. The King of Poland has a claim for the HRE for some wild reason.

Spoiler: Picture 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Picture 2 (click to show/hide)

Other weird things:
HRE consists of Bavaria and a few French and German counties, though de jure it is Burgundy, Italy, West/East Francia, Lotharingia and Aquitaine.
The Carpathian Empire has been founded by Bolghars.
The Queen of England banged two popes, one antipope, around seven kings, two emperors and then got the title "Holy". Maybe they meant "Who(l/r)y".
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 03:21:50 pm by SaberToothTiger »
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7796 on: June 06, 2015, 04:21:25 pm »

What the fuck...442k strong army? I bet the attrition on that is amazingly laughable....

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7797 on: June 06, 2015, 04:42:45 pm »

What the fuck...442k strong army? I bet the attrition on that is amazingly laughable....

With an army that large, would anyone care if a few men at arms got cannibalized?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7798 on: June 06, 2015, 05:15:06 pm »

How the fuck do you get a 442k sized army?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7799 on: June 06, 2015, 05:18:51 pm »

Be an AI.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 518 519 [520] 521 522 ... 1002