Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 516 517 [518] 519 520 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2090601 times)

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #7755 on: June 03, 2015, 07:04:08 am »

As usual, my hype for this latest expansion rests entirely on the implications for the Game of Thrones mod. Khal Drogo shall live!

Yes...this carries amazing potential for the Dothraki people

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7756 on: June 03, 2015, 08:11:23 am »

awwww yissssss genghis khan playthrough wen

I'll just assume you meant Genghis Miroslav.
The great khan! Miroslav Khan!
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #7757 on: June 03, 2015, 08:13:47 am »

I was waiting for Asia to be involved (besides India which is considered asian technically)

I actually thought china was gonna come into play before India ever would...guess it is now (sorta)

There's a sweet mod under development that aims to be basically just a vanilla DLC adding the far eastern territories, religions, cultures and unique government mechanics.

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7758 on: June 03, 2015, 08:41:50 am »

Heh, it was predictable that they are going to add the mongols sooner or later to expand the world map. China is next, and after that the Japanese Emperors and Shoguns will kick some ass in the Japan themed expansion.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heian_period
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamakura_period

I can't wait for the Japan expansion personally. 8)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 08:44:16 am by gimli »

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7759 on: June 03, 2015, 08:46:32 am »

Technically the mongols were already in...but in a very shallow way...they just show up, wreck some shit, and exist like everyone else. Now they are going to actually be interesting to play

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7760 on: June 03, 2015, 09:45:25 am »

Technically the mongols were already in...but in a very shallow way...they just show up, wreck some shit, and exist like everyone else. Now they are going to actually be interesting to play
They were also tribal in CM, which was... odd.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7761 on: June 03, 2015, 11:02:10 am »

awwww yissssss genghis khan playthrough wen

I'll just assume you meant Genghis Miroslav.
The great khan! Miroslav Khan!
Speaking of which, my Miroslav game is nearing 43 years away from endgame and EU IV conversion. Besides the Duke of Cherson, the last Suomensko Chief, the deposed-Balochs of the Persian Empire and this especially resilient polish duchy of two provinces - the entire world on every level of government is ruled by Miroslavs. The Franco-Italian Empire is Miroslavs, Britannia is Miroslavs, Scandinavian world Empire is Miroslav, Roman Empire is Miroslavs, Serbian world Empire is Miroslav, Germanian Empire is Miroslav, Mongol-Hispanian Empire is Miroslav, the last Catholics are Miroslavs and the dukes of Valois and Kabulistan are Miroslav. Anyone interested in an AAR?
*EDIT
Also forgot to mention that every Christian denomination leader is controlled by the head Miroslav dynasty, every Pope in all the denominations except Coptic and Orthodox have been Miroslav for centuries and every Grandmaster of all the Holy Orders has always been Miroslav.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 11:11:24 am by Loud Whispers »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7762 on: June 03, 2015, 11:08:13 am »

What on earth will your goal be in EUIV, when all those Miroslavs start fighting eachother? Which Miroslav will you even play? And what about when countries... stop being Miroslav? Won't be easy getting a new one on the throne!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7763 on: June 03, 2015, 11:13:10 am »

As usual, my hype for this latest expansion rests entirely on the implications for the Game of Thrones mod. Khal Drogo shall live!

I will be the Stallion that mounts the World!
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7764 on: June 03, 2015, 11:29:52 am »

What on earth will your goal be in EUIV, when all those Miroslavs start fighting eachother? Which Miroslav will you even play? And what about when countries... stop being Miroslav? Won't be easy getting a new one on the throne!
I think it will be highly entertaining to try and preserve the great Miroslav dynasty against the tyranny of democracy, war and revolution. Not only that, but managing the power dynamics of each nation will be gratuitously fun. I will most likely play as the Serbian world Empire, since that's who I started with and they're the head of this illuminati. They have 1.5M gold banked, control a massive Empire stretching from Iceland to West Africa to Bangladesh and have a gratuitously large force of nearly 540,000 men and 6,400 ships at the ready. What was it, during WWI where practically all the monarchs on both sides were related to one another? Unlike them, I would seek to use my incalculable resources to do the impossible and maintain this family's hold on the world, instead of being lost to the marching feet of plebian facists, communists and liberals.
Despite the Serbian world Empire being so powerful, her success will multiply the difficulty of surviving through the new age. Serbian philosopher kings distributed technology, built up the economies of all conquered lands and supplied ample gold to developing empires to the point where even the once-shitty pagan wastelands of Russia are raking in big gold, and every single nation (including the Zoroastrian Ferzadid family ruling in Turkestan) will convert into the western technology group. Couple this with the already fuckhueg Empires and the High Americans of the Aztecs and Incans... This should be one explosively fast and violent game of Europa. The Serbian world Empire is strongest, but there are already six other Empires who can challenge her.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7765 on: June 03, 2015, 11:43:44 am »

I once converted a save where I had taken over the HRE as Navarra, and had seated family member on every Kingdom of Christendom.

It actually wasn't fun at all, 10 years into my EUIV save, the world was a mess of overlapping PU (and I myself ended up in a PU when my king died).

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7766 on: June 03, 2015, 12:16:23 pm »

I once converted a save where I had taken over the HRE as Navarra, and had seated family member on every Kingdom of Christendom.

It actually wasn't fun at all, 10 years into my EUIV save, the world was a mess of overlapping PU (and I myself ended up in a PU when my king died).
I'm fine with that, anything goes as long as the Miroslavs live on

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7767 on: June 03, 2015, 12:51:18 pm »

So the CKII to EUIV converter still works? Last I heard it was really buggy and didn't, although I haven't paid to much attention to it.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7768 on: June 03, 2015, 12:52:18 pm »

So the CKII to EUIV converter still works? Last I heard it was really buggy and didn't.
There's no support for it but with some simple manual file changes it seems to be all right.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7769 on: June 03, 2015, 12:55:20 pm »

So the CKII to EUIV converter still works? Last I heard it was really buggy and didn't.
There's no support for it but with some simple manual file changes it seems to be all right.
I think there's also a mod to improve the converter. As well as a EU4->V2 converter.
Pages: 1 ... 516 517 [518] 519 520 ... 1002