Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 514 515 [516] 517 518 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2090680 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #7725 on: May 29, 2015, 02:05:07 pm »

So currently CK2 is the only game that is going well for me. Hell = Popular Disney Movie.

Started as king of Pictland, no Ruler Designer or such so if I hadn't had the EXTREME FORESIGHT of activating Better Gender Laws for my REPUBLIC RUN.
BETTER GENDER LAWS. REPUBLIC RUN. *FACEHAMMER* then I would probably have some really nice achievements right now.

But yeah, things are going very well, the starting guy died very very fast and I ended up playing KING TARLA THE BOLD, who quickly ended up breaking Northumbria, uniting de jure Pict lands, earning craptons of money to build up ALL THE IMPROVEMENTS with and generally being the most successful son of a bitch in the universe. Oh, and he expanded into Ireland as well, pretty much the entire north tip of it.

On his "grand"son now. I put quotes around the grand part because Tarla's first son died, then his second son became a homosexual after I went through the trouble of setting him up with a GENIUS wife, so Tarla took things in his own hands and threw penis at her himself. Because it wasn't like Ciniod was gonna.
Oh, and Ciniod then died in battle putting down a rebellion, so Erpin (the "Grand"son) is who I'm playing now.

Erpin started his reign at 11 years young, in the middle of a rebellion AND a Cathar uprising. Dear old "grand"dad just barely finished the war for Northumbria before passing, so Pictland is fucking HUGE right now, at its height it had well over FIVE THOUSAND TROOPS, putting it over Francia (both of them kinda split all over the place, Europe looks like a quilt right now) and generally making it the sexiest thing in the western world.

After dealing with the rebellions, bribing his regent, and throwing a few titles around Erpin quickly restored any stability lost from his succession. He then turned Pictland into the Serene Republic of Pictland, which I should have waited a bit to do, because a claim fabricated right around then for the last of the north tip of Ireland and I decided the middle of a war was as good a time as any to lose my tribal stuffs. Eh, worked out with the proper application of mercenaries.

Now that Erpin actually grew up to a brilliant strategist Pictland is back to having about 2500ish troops, which isn't all that bad at all. Certainly more then anyone else around me can muster. I think Northumbria is officially fucked, they have something like 600 max troops total at this point and are constantly dealing with rebellions. I think I am definitely the villain in their eyes.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7726 on: May 31, 2015, 03:50:53 am »

So I was having fun as the Most Serene Americanist Republic of Florida, barely managing to hold the Evangelical Hordes at bay, when my character die and someone else manage to barely win (I should have paid more attention to that campaign fund).

The dumbass promptly managed to loose three holy wars in a row, including the one for our capital Duchy. The result is that he grabbed another county for a capital, and we're not a Trade Republic anymore. Now, that is bad enough, but does any of you have any idea of how to turn back into a Republic? Is grabbing the throne then moving the capital to a Grand City enough?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7727 on: May 31, 2015, 04:03:25 am »

You're gonna have to reload, the next patch will apparently split your government type from your capital holding, but until then and until the mod is updated to that, you're kind of screwed.

Some mods give feudal/republic rulers a decision to switch, but I don't think that one in particular does.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7728 on: May 31, 2015, 11:11:55 am »

I recently had something similar happen, when I gave my son his own county so that I would not be over my limit.  About a month later I died, and all of England became a tribal state, with all my tribal laws at minimum.  Ended my ambitions for  becoming the king of Britannia.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7729 on: May 31, 2015, 11:31:14 am »

Well, I went back to a previous state, and did a prepared invasion. 10.000 patriots came to my banners. I used them to sack both New Orleans and New York during the two years waiting period. When the tim to invade came, I summoned 7500 tribal warriors to fill my rank, and together with my 3000 men and the Men in Black, I attack the Holy Colombian Confederacy. Following an initial battle, their armies were defeated. 10 years of sieges later, the whole Confederacy was mine.

Did I mention that prepared invasions are OP?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7730 on: June 02, 2015, 03:22:05 am »

I was playing an MP game with some friends (4-player game) and something hilarious happened.

So three of us are in Pictland. Myself and Guy A are vassals of Guy B who's the king of the Picts. The last guy took Northumberland but he doesn't play a part in this story other than him giving away all his Scottish lands so we have no claims on him and can't fight him.

Anyway, the three of us are mostly allies. We help our king but kinda bicker over lands between ourselves. I expanded my demense to the NE of Scotland. Guy A takes the islands and the NW. The King takes the lands to the south.

There's a single county right in the middle that both myself and Guy A want. However, it's inside Guy A's duchy, though it's his vassal and not actually his land. We both have a claim on it though. What happens next is beautiful:

1. Guy A revokes the vassal's county and the vassal revolts.
2. They fight a bit and Guy A wins.
3. The defeated army runs away and Guy A starts chasing him around.
4. I declare war on the vassal and siege the county.
5. Guy A captures the leader and ends the war.
6. I'm now at war with Guy A.
7. We fight and I win the battle because he lost too much men to the vassal earlier and my generals are better.
8. At this moment, the other vassals of Guy A rise up and revolt.
9. I convince Guy A to surrender the county to me so he can fight his rebels.
10. He loses to the rebels and they win the rebellion.
11. The rebels install ME as the new duke of Guy A's lands, so I get all his territory except for one of the Scottish islands. All his vassals are now mine with +100 relations because they installed me as their leader.

In all my years of playing CK2, I've never seen the AI fight to make me, the leader of a powerful land, as the leader of another powerful land. I didn't even know it was possible. I wasn't even related to him and there was literally no reason for them to want me. I also had ZERO diplomacy. We had to reload the game so Guy A could get a new plot of land that wasn't some island in the middle of the sea.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7731 on: June 02, 2015, 06:14:13 am »

Doing a Dark Elves game in Geheimnisnacht, it's going alright enough. I've unified all the new world elves, but a branch save proved that was not enough for the Ulthuan reconquista.

In less good news I've started having lots of Greenskin invasions and peasant uprisings all of a sudden. They aren't a real threat but they're annoying as hell.

The question now is if I'm going to expand up into the Chaos Wastes or down into Greenskins and Lizardmen. The latter are much harder to root out, but the former won't provide much benefit as part of the glorious empire.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7732 on: June 02, 2015, 06:31:13 am »

Been playing the game of thrones mod myself with a few minimods...

Mostly been playing Corsairs lately but I am also in a game as Daenerys

The Iron Throne is a tough one to hold when everyone hates you and is in constant rebellions :3

pondicherry

• Bay Watcher
  • Too lazy to write something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7733 on: June 02, 2015, 06:42:43 am »

Been playing the game of thrones mod myself with a few minimods...

Mostly been playing Corsairs lately but I am also in a game as Daenerys

The Iron Throne is a tough one to hold when everyone hates you and is in constant rebellions :3

I'm playing GoT mod also, can you share the names of the minimods you are using?
(in fact I'm not a GoT fan, but I'm enjoying the mod)
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then Stop."

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7734 on: June 02, 2015, 07:36:18 am »

The mods are as follows:

I pulled most of these from the sub mods section on the CK2 modder forum for the AGOT mod - https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/sub-mod-index.827225/

AGOT Armours and Weapons - Adds purchasable armor and weapons (standard quality and if you pay for a blacksmith, superior quality). If you buy armor it increases your chances of survival in duels and battles. Weapons add to your attack ability in duels. The actual stats are hidden but I have noticed that duels usually end poorly if I have no armor or weapon and the other person does even if you have a much higher duel multiplier.

One annoying thing though is that most characters will buy these even if they don't have enough money so sometimes you can have an heir inherit the throne with a nasty debt. You can sell the armor and weapons to get out of it quickly and buy them back later or just ride it out

AGOT Bloodlines - Simply gives the most famous houses a small prestige and vassal opinion bonus. Kids inherent based on parents. For instance if a Tyrell and a Martel mother/father have a child then the child will get bonuses for being from both families

AGOT Congenital Overhaul - This takes traits like "Strong" and "Weak" and breaks them down into multiple levels (3 separate strong traits of varying degree and 3 for weak in the same pattern) so instead of having a handful of REALLY good (or bad) traits you will see a lot more variance in children and characters in the world. Also improves/adds more clothes and hairstyles to characters and bases what people wear on traits and status (A knight with land and standard martial ability will wear different armor than a knight with no land and superior martial ability). Once again this all adds a lot more visual and character depth.

SuperTechmarine's Building Overhaul - Makes holdings a lot more micromanagy and interactive by increasing the types of buildings a lot and giving lots of building different dependencies (bakery requires a mill, which requires farmland)

AGOT No High Valyrian Culling - Simply removes the scripts that make High Valyrian characters die off at young ages so you will actually see some characters of High Valaryian descent

AGOT Free Realms - Breaks up the world into smaller lands in case you want to play something a little closer to vanilla CK2 instead of starting the game with massive nations that are hard to break up or compete with
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 07:38:07 am by dennislp3 »

pondicherry

• Bay Watcher
  • Too lazy to write something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7735 on: June 02, 2015, 09:15:18 am »

That is real info!

Thank you dennis
(I'll start my investigations).
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then Stop."

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7736 on: June 02, 2015, 09:42:21 am »

KHAAAN!

Well, looks like the expansion (The Horse Lords) has finally arrived... and it's about the mongols. (Trailer)

For those unable to see the stuff in the post above, the features are:
  • Nomadic rule: Distinct from the tribal governments already in game, nomads need lots of space and resist the trappings of settlement
  • Clan politics: Rule a clan within a nomadic tribe, split clans that get too large, fight for dominance, and proclaim feuds and blood oaths
  • Muster Hordes: Raise vast armies of horsemen and archers, mobilizing your entire population to ride forth and conquer
  • Silk Road: This rich trade network can bring great wealth to whomever controls the cities along the route – but it’s especially ripe for pillaging.
  • Larger Map: The Central Asian plains have been expanded
  • Tributaries: New diplomatic relationship for nomad states forces defeated enemies to keep the Khan’s coffers filled.
  • Forts: build temporary fortifications to hold a province under your sway for just long enough for you to finish the war.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7737 on: June 02, 2015, 09:45:08 am »

I was waiting for Asia to be involved (besides India which is considered asian technically)

I actually thought china was gonna come into play before India ever would...guess it is now (sorta)

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7738 on: June 02, 2015, 09:51:07 am »

Maybe the Horde now actually stands a chance against the Abbasid blob?
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7739 on: June 02, 2015, 10:01:02 am »

It'd be great if the pictures, that I assume are there, weren't locked to people without accounts :P

* Iceblaster eagerly awaits Arumba's playthrough on it, if he does one.
Pages: 1 ... 514 515 [516] 517 518 ... 1002