Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 513 514 [515] 516 517 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2097127 times)

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #7710 on: May 26, 2015, 07:29:24 pm »

Aww fuuck, I'm Emperor, the Kingdom of Lotharingia (that I created when I was 60, had no votes, and was trying to get something out of it) is Primogeniture, Burgundy is Elective, and the HRE has Seniority. Plus, most of my actual counties are Primogeniture. This is a clusterfuck of epic proportions.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7711 on: May 26, 2015, 09:44:31 pm »

Aww fuuck, I'm Emperor, the Kingdom of Lotharingia (that I created when I was 60, had no votes, and was trying to get something out of it) is Primogeniture, Burgundy is Elective, and the HRE has Seniority. Plus, most of my actual counties are Primogeniture. This is a clusterfuck of epic proportions.
Quick, give all the titles to your Primogeniture heir that you stand to lose!
Or just let it happen and watch what unfolds.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7712 on: May 26, 2015, 10:47:54 pm »

I've been playing an Ireland game recently because I never actually visited tutorial island before and wanted to see what it as like. I went to war to press a courtier's claim on Flanders against the independent Flemish. At the same time my ally the King of England was dealing with rebels and asked me to help out. Then two things happened. The King of England died resulting in his son Richard inheriting the throne, and this also resulted in Richard winning his own war for Flanders. Why does this matter? Because all of a sudden I was both at war with England over Flanders and allied with them in a war against English rebels. With this result:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Has anyone else run across this?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Kruniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7713 on: May 26, 2015, 11:10:36 pm »

I'm still waiting for the supernatural mods to get fixed.

I'm ESPECIALLY waiting for the Vampire: The Masquerade mod to get fixed. I hope it does. D:

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7714 on: May 26, 2015, 11:23:04 pm »

Yeah, that happens to me. I was doing a Volga Bulgaria game, vassal-allies were raised to attack an outsider, and I was imprisoning and revoking titles after a particularly rough gavelkinding of my home territories. A couple of them were attacking me as allies, blue-on-blue action.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7715 on: May 26, 2015, 11:45:52 pm »

My new player character just had his fifty eighth child. A bastard now lovingly named "fifty eight", since hes apparently a very, very, busy man. Especially since any new bastards will mean he's had a child for every year he's been alive!

I sense many tradeposts in my future.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7716 on: May 27, 2015, 09:05:34 am »

My new player character just had his fifty eighth child. A bastard now lovingly named "fifty eight", since hes apparently a very, very, busy man. Especially since any new bastards will mean he's had a child for every year he's been alive!

The Karlings must be sad at how they're being outbred now.

You know what you must do.

Take over Europe through massive amounts of babies!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7717 on: May 27, 2015, 10:22:55 am »

Your wife must love you by now.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7718 on: May 27, 2015, 09:54:12 pm »

Your wife must love you by now.
Only at -51 right now; she tries to kill me every other year, but she's Russian so thats to be expected. All things considered this patrician is extremely well liked; his long time with the seduction focus gave him a combined +70 with all sexual partners, and Novgorod is apparently quite gay right now. His fuckhuge prestige, constant granting of new cities, consistant holy war winning and business focus while surrounded by burghers helps too.

Also, learned I need temple plots to get chaplains for my vassals. I had been wondering why it was taking so long to convert my new territories.  Should turn a nice purple soon.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7719 on: May 27, 2015, 10:05:11 pm »

Banned pants in England.  As thanks Jesus started to give me military advice.  Took over Scotland, and then had a line of three queens and about 10 daughters.  Had one son, but he and the mother died so I had to go through almost thirteen years of a regency.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7720 on: May 27, 2015, 10:26:29 pm »

Novgorod is apparently quite gay right now.
Happy gay or homosexual gay?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7721 on: May 27, 2015, 10:42:47 pm »

From the sound of that Patrician probably both with the former arising from the latter.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7722 on: May 29, 2015, 03:57:56 am »

Yes.

I also finally popped the abbasid blob. Its reforming, but there are plenty of little opms still hopping around and every once in a while a revolt succeeds. And the new caliph has a high decadence... time to turn to the umyyad bros.

How does diplomatic distance work, exactly? Will I be able to assassinate moors if I take English counties as bases? Or would I need to make my capital closer?
Thou art I, I art Thou.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7724 on: May 29, 2015, 05:56:06 am »

Wiki claims that it's from the nearest controlled province.
good. Thank you, mini; jolly old england will be receiving a visit soon then, in the intrests of squishing more muslim empires. Afterwards though I'll grant them independence;  liberty is a core value of Novgorod, also, there is no profit in england, though there is a orthodox irish county, strangely.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Pages: 1 ... 513 514 [515] 516 517 ... 1002