Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 509 510 [511] 512 513 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2097181 times)

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #7650 on: May 21, 2015, 02:24:57 am »

Not going into battle is the only sure way. If he goes I,to battle being brave increases his chances of dying. Craven makes it less likely.

As for having someone die that way? Send them with a small force against a large one...and keep losing over and over and hope for the best

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7651 on: May 21, 2015, 07:38:35 am »

Being a lunatic and possessed increase the chances of you being killed/captured during a battle, too. I'd imagine personal fighting skill has something to do with it.

On another note, are there any good ways of getting the Lunatic or Possessed traits? I've only managed to get it once, through the Observatory event chain, and I want those sweet, crazy events. The opinion penalty isn't even that bad.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7652 on: May 21, 2015, 10:01:56 am »

Being a lunatic and possessed increase the chances of you being killed/captured during a battle, too. I'd imagine personal fighting skill has something to do with it.

On another note, are there any good ways of getting the Lunatic or Possessed traits? I've only managed to get it once, through the Observatory event chain, and I want those sweet, crazy events. The opinion penalty isn't even that bad.
Is it just me, or does the occultism branch of the observatory chain tends to cause early deaths?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7653 on: May 21, 2015, 10:37:32 am »

Yeah. The lunatic event ID is 6020 for example. http://crusaderkings-two.wikia.com/wiki/Cheats
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 10:40:08 am by gimli »

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #7654 on: May 21, 2015, 10:58:38 am »

Just conquer France. Problem solved.

No claims yet. I thought I was going to get to set my son up in Scotland, but the idiot died fighting the Duke of Kent.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7655 on: May 21, 2015, 11:37:36 am »

Is it just me, or does the occultism branch of the observatory chain tends to cause early deaths?
That chain involves turning you into European equivalent of Abdul Alhazred, so figures.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7656 on: May 21, 2015, 12:11:52 pm »

Do Messalians also get that? They can go incest too.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7657 on: May 21, 2015, 12:57:44 pm »

Yeah, Messalians and Zionists (Zun?) are the incest guys.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7658 on: May 21, 2015, 01:01:04 pm »

Yeah, Messalians and Zionists (Zun?) are the incest guys.
Zun can't incest. That's zoroastrians.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7659 on: May 21, 2015, 01:47:32 pm »

Messy are incest, but do they get the bonuses that Zorro gets too?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7660 on: May 21, 2015, 01:51:01 pm »

Messy are incest, but do they get the bonuses that Zorro gets too?
Yeah. Bonus to relations.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7661 on: May 21, 2015, 02:25:10 pm »

Of all the heresies, you chose the one that promotes being poor?

C'mon, join Messalianism! It's far cooler. Women as priests and sister-wives!
But Fraticelli:
  • Removes the decadence of the Catholic church
  • Retains the powers of the Catholic church

Meaning you can still get that tax money if you control the pope and can still call crusades. You basically become Islam without decadence revolts (and concubines)

U N S T O P P A B L E
N
S
T
O
P
P
A
B
L
E

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7662 on: May 21, 2015, 02:52:48 pm »

Yeah, but what good is money if you can't marry your mother?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7663 on: May 21, 2015, 03:10:19 pm »

Yeah, but what good is money if you can't marry your mother?

CKII, ladies and gentlemen.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7664 on: May 21, 2015, 03:38:23 pm »

I'll probably play as a Jewish guy as I never played as them before and it be a bit different. With HIP.

Last time I played, I was playing the Game of Thrones mod. But it was kind of easy. I can see why HIP nerfed assassination jobs...because...I pretty much single handedly took the iron throne through assassinations lol. And a good placed marriage. In a really short time period too. It was fun, but too easy lol. Had a huge empire within 10 years of the game. Then after that, pretty much assassins any time a nation got too strong and then civil war+collapse of nation :P I was swimming in money. Yeah I can not do assassinations...but...if a gameplay feature is there, I'm gonna use it. Cause its there. If the game had built-in godmode (I only play ironman mode, so no cheats for me)...I'd use it cause it be built into the game/mod lol. In any case...maybe the vanilla game assassinations are totally OP too (I heard they were). I dunno cause I pretty much went right to HIP (much more fun to me). But yeah...at first I thought nerfed asssassinations were lame, but now I don't and like the challenge of setting them up and trying to get them to succeed and often failing them lol.

In any case...Jewish guy it will be :D Usually I play Byzantines or...Byzantines...or...Byzantines...so time to change it up lol. I'll probably set up a merchant republic too.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 03:41:25 pm by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn
Pages: 1 ... 509 510 [511] 512 513 ... 1002