Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 498 499 [500] 501 502 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2090209 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #7485 on: April 03, 2015, 06:52:16 pm »

Tell you what, there's something screwy with levies in this game.

Other nations can pull up to 3000 men out of nowhere. I checked this guy, he was bankrupt and had taken 300 gold from moneylenders, and had 300 men after a long rebellion. DoW him. War is going in my favour, until he manages to pull TWO 1500 man armies from NOWHERE! No allies he could have dragged in, no money or anything. He should have LOST what remained of his troops after I attacked them.

I cheated because like hell I'm letting the game dick me with massive armies from literally fucking nowhere.

Could it have been holy order type things? I think they require just piety, though I'm not sure what would happen if you couldn't pay them.

Also "random" (maybe) events. I've had troops appear in my capital province during a war, 'cause apparently I was awesome enough at the time. Then again, I've also had my opponents get troops, so... maybe not.

Edit:
This gaaaaaaaaaaame

I get assassinated a lot.
Stop pissing off vassals?

The only time I was assassinated was because I had high tribal authority as an unreformed pagan.
Also set the spymaster to uncover plots 24/7

Also make sure your spymaster likes you. Whenever I get to be the spymaster of my liege, plots generally start at over 100%.

You can use that to your benefit though. The only character I've ever been assassinated as I manufactured it because I wanted his brother to inherit.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 06:54:50 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7486 on: April 03, 2015, 06:53:20 pm »

It could be possible he had retinues, or came into money suddenly, but other than that, I don't know.

I've got some of the history of the Irish Byzantine kings written up, if anyone wants a taste i'll post one here:

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7487 on: April 03, 2015, 07:46:56 pm »

Not a holy order because we're both catholic AND there are no holy orders anyways, and events have always given me a few hundred troops, not two armies of 1500 right after one another.
Stuff like event 45000 that gives countries troops scales to garrison sizes; the one event could give 300 troops or 16,000 troops depending on the garrison.

Also, there needs to be a way to demolish trade posts. I want to move mine, but it's not possible. Heck, I'd like to SELL them if it was possible.
Ayyyy, also they keep spreading plague.

Call tribal ally to war, maybe?
I'd suspect it was this. Create big stack of troops for 500 prestige. Happens every time I invade pagan tribals.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7488 on: April 03, 2015, 08:05:09 pm »

Isn't 1500 the amount of men you get for the 500 prestige? In that case it's probably that.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7489 on: April 04, 2015, 04:10:08 am »

They were Northumbria. Not tribal, so they couldn't call allies in, nor could they pull the 2500 man army for 500 prestige.
What if they were allies or armies returning home? That happens a lot when I invade the Byzantine Empire or Arabian Empire, a few months no/little troops, then suddenly doomstack as the doomstack is finished killing a rebellion
*EDIT
They were probably mercenaries; been looking around, found two other people who experienced this. I suspect the AI gets discount mercs. they get boost to income at higher difficulties
Well for starters fighting a defensive war gives increased levy production, so there's that.
Or that
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 04:30:01 am by Loud Whispers »

Reyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7490 on: April 04, 2015, 04:58:52 am »

I've seen NPCs go in the -500s with their gold, so that might've happened. Kinda bullshit, since the player can't do that..(by acquiring something costing more than how much gold you currently have)

And the 500 prestige army gives you 2.5k. From my experiences.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7491 on: April 04, 2015, 05:07:19 am »

If they had vassals, I suspect they just got full levies as a consequence of the 'Defending against' opinion modifier (or is there an actual levy bonus too?). A vassal who'd provide a fraction of their levies before will love you so much they'll provide the max possible, generally.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7492 on: April 04, 2015, 07:55:26 am »

Don't forget, theocracies need some love. Why can't you play as big boy Papal state yet?

No dynastic game, I'm afraid.
Love, scriver~

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7493 on: April 04, 2015, 09:25:37 am »

They were Northumbria. Not tribal, so they couldn't call allies in, nor could they pull the 2500 man army for 500 prestige.
Northumbria has about 3 tribal counts vassalized to them, at least in CM. If you were on another start, then I've got no idea.

Don't forget, theocracies need some love. Why can't you play as big boy Papal state yet?

I think Paradox stated outright that the Pope will never be playable.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7494 on: April 04, 2015, 10:13:57 am »

Muh Borgias!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7495 on: April 04, 2015, 10:27:34 am »

Sure there is, ideological dynasties. Benedictine, Augustine, Trappist, etc. Just have it so that as long as someone educated into your order continues to hold the title, it's the same.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7496 on: April 04, 2015, 10:30:13 am »

Or you know, Borgias. Abuse the Papal title to get your dynastic children ahead in life. When you die, you play on as normal feudal/republic noble, with opportunities to climb your way back into the papal seat.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7497 on: April 04, 2015, 10:33:08 am »

Muh Borgias!

...Weren't really a "Papal dynasty", so so to speak, as much as they were a line of nobility. You'd do better at simulating them by enabling characters to be separated from the "must be count+" requirement than by making Popes playable.

Sure there is, ideological dynasties. Benedictine, Augustine, Trappist, etc. Just have it so that as long as someone educated into your order continues to hold the title, it's the same.

That's stretching the word "dynasty" quite a bit, and the devs have quite firmly stated that they think the game should be about "biological" dynasties.
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7498 on: April 04, 2015, 10:34:45 am »

...Weren't really a "Papal dynasty", so so to speak, as much as they were a line of nobility. You'd do better at simulating them by enabling characters to be separated from the "must be count+" requirement than by making Popes playable.
I didn't say anything about papal dynasties, I said something about not being able to play as the Papacy m9

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7499 on: April 04, 2015, 10:38:36 am »

I'm fairly certain that with the right DLC's (I only have the base game) you can put your own relatives into Papalitude, even if you can't play as them, can't you?
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 498 499 [500] 501 502 ... 1002