Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 486 487 [488] 489 490 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2091028 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #7305 on: February 11, 2015, 06:49:17 am »

Nah, Carousing let you host private parties with a few people, you don't need it to organize a massive feast for all your vassals.

Huh. Might be. But I didn't have them as MR either, and I couldn't recall seeing it as a Viking either, and seeing as a Grand Hunt is removed for non-Hunting oriented rulers, I assumed it was the same.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7306 on: February 11, 2015, 07:24:28 am »

IIRC feast is substituted by flavour events for most pagans, germanics(which I assume your viking guy was) get blot in its place. I'm pretty sure on my latest character(catholic guy) the feast decision was there even when I wasn't with carousing focus.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7307 on: February 11, 2015, 08:54:12 am »

And as somebody who doesn't have WoL I can definitely still hold Great Hunts (or whatever they're called).

Oh, and by the way. I'd defintely be up for a multiplayer game if we get one started.
Love, scriver~

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7308 on: February 11, 2015, 08:57:24 am »

Intersting ideas for multiplayer:

We each plays one of Ragnor Lodbrok's son
We each plays one of the Spanish christian kingdom
We each plays a patrician of a merchant republic
We each plays a Golden Horde duke, with elective

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7309 on: February 11, 2015, 10:21:02 am »

Or as the Dukes in the HRE.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7310 on: February 11, 2015, 10:51:43 am »

I like the idea of having one of Franks, Visigoths, Suebi, and Lombards and preventing the resurgence of Latin cultures.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7311 on: February 11, 2015, 12:11:59 pm »

Visigothic are Latin. Well, ingame they're "iberian", but that's a Latin thing in itself.
Love, scriver~

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7312 on: February 11, 2015, 05:56:22 pm »

Visigoths are not latin. They are in the iberian culture group for game reasons. They're as germanic as the other groups. Though the population of iberia at the time was never visigothic.

McMagma

• Bay Watcher
  • McMagma, Fortress Addict.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7313 on: February 11, 2015, 06:24:38 pm »

Im up for some multiplayer if someone decides to host it.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7314 on: February 12, 2015, 11:12:02 am »

Visigoths are not latin. They are in the iberian culture group for game reasons. They're as germanic as the other groups. Though the population of iberia at the time was never visigothic.

No, the nobility of Iberia at that time was no longer Germanic. The Visigoths "went native" over time - and that's what the Visigothic culture represents (Hence why 99% of their names are "Ibero-Latin" or Spanish versions of Germanic names).
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7315 on: February 12, 2015, 08:05:50 pm »

Well, if you give the leader a King level title, he'll become a King. Then there should be a way to get his heir to inherit the cash, you can revoke his titles, invite his heir to your court, kill him, then banish his heir.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I've got 8 divisions of 10k Gusar retinues with an additional reserve 2.5k retinues stationed on the Eastern Serbian border (they were previously stationed before the Volga river up until they were forced to retreat due to a war with Serbian Rus) ready to respond to the Mongolian threat. I hesitate to use the Gusars as once they are dead I'd have to reconquer the world in order to re-recruit them, which is nigh on impossible.
Luckily I still have 116k levies and enough gold to buy literally every mercenary company in the world (though I am loathe to part away with it). I'm pretty confident that the Miroslav families can withstand the Mongol onslaught, as long as the Sunni and Catholic don't act up.
The Aztecs should also be invading some time soon though, and haven't had any word of them. I'm loving Emperor Marko, the man without sin (who just murdered his retarded grandson) who wages a shadow war with rival Miroslavs whilst smiling for the crowd.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #7316 on: February 12, 2015, 10:02:31 pm »

Damn LW, wish I was good enough at this game to do stuff like that.
All I ever end up doing is making some tiny insignificant mistake that ends up ruining my entire playthrough and making me ragequit :(
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7317 on: February 12, 2015, 10:08:27 pm »

Damn LW, wish I was good enough at this game to do stuff like that.
All I ever end up doing is making some tiny insignificant mistake that ends up ruining my entire playthrough and making me ragequit :(

I've learned to ragequit, but not in a bad way.

Ragequit, then go back to it later, because it wasn't that bad.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7318 on: February 12, 2015, 10:12:17 pm »

I literally just did that...but I shall come back later

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7319 on: February 12, 2015, 10:13:36 pm »

I literally just did that...but I shall come back later

My last one was:

"FUCKING PAGANS!"

Admittedly that's what most of my ragequits are like in that game.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 486 487 [488] 489 490 ... 1002