Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 485 486 [487] 488 489 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2091029 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #7290 on: February 10, 2015, 03:36:10 pm »

By the way, is there any way to see the arrival dates of an army for each step of the journey? Or even better, the movement costs between provinces in general? I'm tired of getting screwed over by unexpectedly long travel times while the AI can zoom around taking the optimal course every time.

Also, when the great schism is mended and Catholicism becomes an Orthodox heresy it doesn't gain the heresy ability to spread between provinces, correct?

I was under the impression that right clicking on a province automatically made you take the optimal path, unless you set up way points.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7291 on: February 10, 2015, 03:41:35 pm »

It does indeed. Army size, possibly composition, affects the speed, so maybe that's the reason?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7292 on: February 10, 2015, 03:42:30 pm »

Sure but there are tons of situations where you don't just want to follow a path to a set destination. Fleeing from a superior force for example. I want to know which way to send my army so it doesn't get cornered.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7293 on: February 10, 2015, 03:44:25 pm »

Sure but there are tons of situations where you don't just want to follow a path to a set destination. Fleeing from a superior force for example. I want to know which way to send my army so it doesn't get cornered.
I know what you mean, and there just isn't any easy way for the human to do it. You have to try every adjacent province and see which is the closest depending on the estimated arrival time.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7294 on: February 10, 2015, 04:01:36 pm »

If you are on friendly territory sometimes the cheese and best way to handle it is just disband them and bring them back up a moment later. Not always ideal or possible though. Sometimes I do that in enemy territory if I cant escape...getting half my men back is better than getting none back

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7295 on: February 10, 2015, 04:08:06 pm »

LW, how did the Holy Sepulchre get THAT MUCH FRIKKIN GOLD? Do you SEE THAT? IT HAS OVER SEVENTY-THOUSAND GOLD. WHUT.
They're the only holy order for the entire Orthodox world and the entire Christian world is mostly orthodox; every donation goes to them, every rich knight who took the vows will will them their gold and so on.

Admittedly I was not aware they were that wealthy. Any way I can acquire their gold? Vassalize and banish them somehow? Inherit their title somehow? It would forever fund the Serbian Empire...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Afraid there's not beyond manually confirming a route which is not the quickest route but will guarantee survival. Best to treat it as if you were a commander and not an omniscient general by sacrificing your rearguard or just having your blokes take the fastest route and pray for the best.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7296 on: February 10, 2015, 04:37:36 pm »

Well, if you give the leader a King level title, he'll become a King. Then there should be a way to get his heir to inherit the cash, you can revoke his titles, invite his heir to your court, kill him, then banish his heir.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7297 on: February 10, 2015, 05:03:55 pm »

I'm also doing a Serbian run, and just switched to Iconoclast. I waited to switch to a heresy until I had imperial administration, and was able to revoke every single duchy and wayward county without any revolts. I also just realized that if I wanted to I could just switch back to Orthodoxy via the 'abandon heresy' event as though nothing had happened.

I never realized that viceroyalties also cause you to inherit their gold, and after around 50 years I now have 5 holy relics apparently.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7298 on: February 10, 2015, 05:32:01 pm »

Crap, while I wasn't looking France took some of their land back from the Holy Roman Empire, leaving me with 25 more provinces than them. This is a problem because I was contemplating using an invasion CB and catapulting myself to completely obscene levels of power. I do happen to have a prince of the HRE who was matrilineally married to my aunt. I could potentially press his claim, hope his son inherits and then Maybe get the son elected as Basileus. I very much doubt it'd be worth the effort though.

Speaking of the HRE, some weird shit is going on over there. All of the high up nobles have converted to the Lollard heresy and for some bizarre reason the Kaiser is imprisoned by his own prince-archbishop vassal who won't let him out. I guess the Kaiser can't afford his ransom, but why is he in there in the first case? The archbishop doesn't have the intrigue focus, nor any effects that would indicate he did in the past. I have no idea what's going on there.
                        - Random human lord

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7299 on: February 10, 2015, 05:43:07 pm »

Crap, while I wasn't looking France took some of their land back from the Holy Roman Empire, leaving me with 25 more provinces than them. This is a problem because I was contemplating using an invasion CB and catapulting myself to completely obscene levels of power. I do happen to have a prince of the HRE who was matrilineally married to my aunt. I could potentially press his claim, hope his son inherits and then Maybe get the son elected as Basileus. I very much doubt it'd be worth the effort though.

Speaking of the HRE, some weird shit is going on over there. All of the high up nobles have converted to the Lollard heresy and for some bizarre reason the Kaiser is imprisoned by his own prince-archbishop vassal who won't let him out. I guess the Kaiser can't afford his ransom, but why is he in there in the first case? The archbishop doesn't have the intrigue focus, nor any effects that would indicate he did in the past. I have no idea what's going on there.
You could give the HRE 14 of your provinces and then promptly invade them and get them back.

I assume that the Kaiser was imprisoned before he became the Kaiser, possibly while he was much younger and a vassal of the prince-archbishop. Maybe.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7300 on: February 10, 2015, 06:17:03 pm »

You could give the HRE 14 of your provinces and then promptly invade them and get them back.

I assume that the Kaiser was imprisoned before he became the Kaiser, possibly while he was much younger and a vassal of the prince-archbishop. Maybe.
Hmm... that has potential, but I don't think there's a way to give them my vassals directly so I'd have to give 26 of my vassal lands independence. That would weaken me fairly significantly and reunification would take a while unless my remaining vassals had claims. I'd have to choose the ones I let go carefully.

He's been Kaiser for 8 years so I'd assume if he was imprisoned before that he'd have had time to save up for his ransom. Then again the AI seems to be pretty bad at managing money and constantly on the verge of bankruptcy so maybe not.

Edit: Wait, can I cause some of my vassals to revolt, get the invasion and then end the revolts? That would be a lot easier.

DoubleEdit: Nope. One of the requirements is you must be at peace. Damn.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 07:16:15 pm by nogoodnames »
                        - Random human lord

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7301 on: February 10, 2015, 06:58:02 pm »

It's Jewish Wales vs. The Skjolduning family at the moment (basically this games' Karlings) and I'm winning!
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7302 on: February 11, 2015, 02:50:58 am »

You can just give titles to the Kaiser I think.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7303 on: February 11, 2015, 06:07:10 am »

Can only feudal lords hold feasts? I'm playing a merchant republic and the ability isn't there.

You have Way of Life, right? Because in WoL, you need to have Carousing to par-tay now, I believe.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7304 on: February 11, 2015, 06:14:05 am »

Nah, Carousing let you host private parties with a few people, you don't need it to organize a massive feast for all your vassals.

Pages: 1 ... 485 486 [487] 488 489 ... 1002