Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 461 462 [463] 464 465 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2090640 times)

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #6930 on: January 15, 2015, 01:13:50 am »

Already exists in HIP. ;)
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6931 on: January 15, 2015, 01:47:03 am »

But for some reason my wives do not get any and all opinion changes for honorary titles.

Except for revoking them.

That is as planned, wives are no longer supposed to get bonuses from honorary titles.
Love, scriver~

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #6932 on: January 15, 2015, 02:53:23 am »

Already exists in HIP. ;)

What is HIP? Also, LOLZNESS
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6933 on: January 15, 2015, 04:59:22 am »

If you need to ask, you clearly aren't hip.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6934 on: January 15, 2015, 05:30:19 am »

Is it random acronyms day?

AAMOF AFAIUI DAMHIKIJKOK, NM

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #6935 on: January 15, 2015, 05:54:16 am »

Well then, might give the game a rest for a bit. My current game just crashed right after I ended a revolt.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6936 on: January 15, 2015, 06:41:00 am »

The holding bug is now hotfixed.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6937 on: January 17, 2015, 04:48:34 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Byzantines successfully invaded Serbia and ran away with one of our counties; the defeat was a close one, with the Serbs having killed 15,000 Byzantines whilst losing only 5,000, yet not having enough surviving troops to decidedly win the war. Serbia inevitably reacted and became a highly authoritarian absolute monarchy with an emphasis on extracting large bodies of troops out of its citizens and not much else. Meanwhile in the Arabic world the Umayyad and the Abbasid both failed to permanently establish themselves in their respective regions, being replaced by weaker successor states. The Umayyad successor is currently losing ground to the Kingdom of Asturias and failing to conquer Africa while the Abbasid successor is smacking heads with Persia, making the two most violent and powerful rivals of the Byzantine Empire unwilling to actually rival the Byzantine Empire. As a result the Byzantine Empire has been able to expand all over Cumania and in peace times generally become the most powerful state in the world. Fortunately whenever the Byzantines get into a fight with someone bigger than Serbia or a faction springs up Serbia is soon to either wage war on the Empire or support the faction rebels because it is highly entertaining leading Gusars around the Greek hills and Anatolian coasts ambushing hapless bands of Imperial soldiers for glory of serbia stronk. Bulgaria has likewise fallen victim to a much harsher version of this, what with Serbia eternally supporting factions in Bulgaria to the point where a horrible cycle has appeared. First the Bulgaria King is installed by one faction supported by Serbia and raises crown authority to deal with Serbian prodding. This pisses off the Bulgarians who inevitably form another faction to lower crown authority or depose the King and go to war. Serbia enters the war on the side of the rebels, allowing the rebels to be slaughtered in their droves whilst also ensuring that the Bulgarian loyalists are run down by Serb Gusars, prolonging the war for years. A new Bulgarian King rises and is prodded by Serbia, beginning the cycle anew. It is through this process that Bulgaria has never been able to return to its glory days of prodding Serbia instead of being prodded by Serbia.

Picture the times: The Arabians are once again trying to conquer Persia. Vikings are somehow in the Meditteranean. A comet falls from the sky heralding the rise of an insane King to the Bohemian Rhapsody throne. Serbia's conquered pagan lands are divided amongst three Counts and Dukes of the Miloslav family and given independence. The Byzantines march to war with tens of thousands of men against the Tengri infidels of Cumania, gaining much land at the cost of many thousands of lives. Having just 18,000 men still left standing by Autumn the Serbians decide that now is the right time to bring their 16,000 to reclaim a certain county on the south Serb coast. At this moment the Baselius who coveted the Serbian throne is shitting himself with panic as his armies are caught between the Khan's horsemen and the Serb's horsemen. The Miloslav Duchy of Lesser Poland joins the Fatherland Serbia to war with 1,000 men; every little helps. Serbia's Lotharingan ally decides that it doesn't actually like Serbia anymore and invades it with 18,000 Lotharingan men and 13,000 allied West-Francian men.

Under this sheer mess Serbia has emerged very much alive and one county richer. The Arabians are still fighting, the Byzantines and Cumanians still fighting, the Lotharingans forced into white peace after the Serb Gusars guzzled šljivovica down their gullets and descended upon the divided Lotharingan filth with furor before the West-Francians even arrived and Serbia is getting ready to take over Bulgaria. I'm really not sure why the Lotharingans didn't wait for the Francians to show up. Maybe they were glory-seeking, or they were unaware of the Serb eyes watching them from behind the mountains.

Everything now is going absolutely well, or well enough considering the situation. All I need now is for the kebab to invade the Byzantines and for something to break up the Karling power and Serbia should be safe from follow-up invasions.

How do you best break the Karling power?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6938 on: January 17, 2015, 06:01:45 pm »

I recommend you Keep Yourself Alive.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6939 on: January 17, 2015, 09:35:36 pm »

Assassination and getting them off their thrones.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6940 on: January 18, 2015, 04:21:22 am »

Assassination and getting them off their thrones.
What, just kill the lot?
Put a price upon their heads,
Send the orders, till they're dead?

Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you do the Fandango?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6941 on: January 18, 2015, 04:57:35 am »

Time. The cruel, relentless march of time. In my 1360s game, all the big Karling powers are gone (East Francia (Germany now) and Bavaria are ruled by random Germans, West Francia went Cathar and was crusaded and given over to one of the Holy Orders. The same happened to Italy, with the Knights Hospitalier. The only Karling kings now are of Burgundy.

If you don't want to just wait them out... well, marry them, I guess? There's just a sea of Karling claimants waiting even if you inherit one of their thrones.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Stealtharcadia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cool Guy 3217
    • View Profile
« Reply #6942 on: January 19, 2015, 11:31:24 am »

Somehow the heir to Byzantine empire is matrilinealy married to my Pictish cousin. They named their son after our common relative, Urist.
Yeah yeah yeah!

h3lblad3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6943 on: January 19, 2015, 11:41:21 pm »

Time. The cruel, relentless march of time. In my 1360s game, all the big Karling powers are gone (East Francia (Germany now) and Bavaria are ruled by random Germans, West Francia went Cathar and was crusaded and given over to one of the Holy Orders. The same happened to Italy, with the Knights Hospitalier. The only Karling kings now are of Burgundy.

If you don't want to just wait them out... well, marry them, I guess? There's just a sea of Karling claimants waiting even if you inherit one of their thrones.
I'm interested in what the effects on the modern day would be if a decent chunk of Europe's history involved it being partitioned by Holy Orders.
I was talking about importing alimunim.
And we were hypothesising about the sexual relations between elves and trees.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6944 on: January 20, 2015, 12:08:06 am »

As it happens, I just hit 1453 for the first time ever. 867 start. That's a whole lotta characters - total score was well above the Capets. I'll post up some stats and pictures later. Sadly, some of my favorite parts of the world (incl. strong Cathar powers such as... Tulunid Egypt?) got destroyed within the last century. Neither Golden Horde or Timurids ever showed up properly, the Ilkhanate just randomly imploded one day.
Pages: 1 ... 461 462 [463] 464 465 ... 1002