Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 456 457 [458] 459 460 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2091083 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #6855 on: January 09, 2015, 03:49:09 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oh yeah, and during Prince Ceowulf's reign I discovered the first instance I've ever seen of a woman who is both absolutely gorgeous and hideous at the same time. Perhaps she oscillates in a permanent flux of aesthetic quality. It arose after the event that causes one of your Republic male relatives marrying an ugly wife in exchange for a hefty sum of gold, generating a character on the spot with the ugly trait added on. The game generated a character who was handsome and slapped the ugly trait on her... Meaning the most attractive woman in all of Europe was hideous.

I imagine it's like these theatrical masks, you know, with one side smiling, the other sad? Except in this case, she's hideous on one side, beautiful on the other, like an extreme case of having a better side.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6856 on: January 09, 2015, 05:21:42 am »

Oh yeah, and during Prince Ceowulf's reign I discovered the first instance I've ever seen of a woman who is both absolutely gorgeous and hideous at the same time. Perhaps she oscillates in a permanent flux of aesthetic quality. It arose after the event that causes one of your Republic male relatives marrying an ugly wife in exchange for a hefty sum of gold, generating a character on the spot with the ugly trait added on. The game generated a character who was handsome and slapped the ugly trait on her... Meaning the most attractive woman in all of Europe was hideous.

I imagine it's like these theatrical masks, you know, with one side smiling, the other sad? Except in this case, she's hideous on one side, beautiful on the other, like an extreme case of having a better side.

The way I see it, the character would be physically ugly but have an absolutely amazing personality.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #6857 on: January 09, 2015, 10:27:02 am »

Hmm, yeah, could be one of those people who isn't good looking until they smile. I've known a few like that.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6858 on: January 09, 2015, 12:13:16 pm »

The way I see it, the character would be physically ugly but have an absolutely amazing personality.

Maybe it's just that she's the most gorgeous woman at court... but she's still pretty damn ugly. Of course that would imply that the rest of the females at court had the ugly trait as well.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #6859 on: January 09, 2015, 12:49:39 pm »

Oooorrr, she's got a beautiful body but an ugly face? At least, that's what made sense to me when I saw that.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6860 on: January 09, 2015, 01:14:03 pm »

Unfortunately, brown paper bags weren't invented until the mid 19th century, so she's out of luck~
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6861 on: January 09, 2015, 01:24:10 pm »

Perhaps she oscillates in a permanent flux of aesthetic quality.

Depends on the lighting.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6862 on: January 09, 2015, 02:15:07 pm »

Unfortunately, brown paper bags weren't invented until the mid 19th century, so she's out of luck~

Because obviously, no ugly woman has ever gotten lucky  :P

Zona

• Bay Watcher
  • SEE YOU SOON
    • View Profile
« Reply #6863 on: January 09, 2015, 06:14:08 pm »

She's got huge... tracts o' land!
Those lucky dwarves, despite the risk of being stabbed, shots, poisoned, eaten, mauled, enslaved, eviscerated or involved in accidents... at least they don’t have to worry about immediate dangers like the heat death of the universe.

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6864 on: January 09, 2015, 06:33:44 pm »

I'm pretty sure I make this joke every time I play with my friend in multiplayer. XD
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6865 on: January 09, 2015, 08:09:41 pm »

I'm pretty sure I make this joke every time I play with my friend in multiplayer. XD
Sometimes I wish my sons were more like Prince Herbert and didn't care about land...
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6866 on: January 10, 2015, 01:03:46 am »

400 years in my current "hop around and do random shit" game and Irminsul got destroyed. Guess I'm not going to end up reforming the norse religion. Charlemagne ended up Lollard early on and since then France has been a hive of heresy and catholicism has splintered, but over the past century or so catholic heresies have been almost extinguished from a couple crusades and various holy wars. And all my attempts at making judaism a thing without being overly gamey have failed thus far  :( . It's remarkably hard to do things when you've only got one life.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6867 on: January 10, 2015, 05:30:13 am »

Yes, that is a problem of being mortal. If only you could be some kind of immortal god capable of transferring your soul and consciousness into other sentient beings like an akashic vampire.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #6868 on: January 10, 2015, 08:41:46 am »

Yes, that is a problem of being mortal. If only you could be some kind of immortal god capable of transferring your soul and consciousness into other sentient beings like an akashic vampire.
charinfo
play
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Balistic604

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6869 on: January 10, 2015, 09:16:38 am »

There's a sorcery mod on the Steam workshop and Paradox forums that has the ability to transfer your consciousness to another person.
Dwarf Fortress: The only place you'll find complaints about NOT dying.
Pages: 1 ... 456 457 [458] 459 460 ... 1002