Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 455 456 [457] 458 459 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2091151 times)

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #6840 on: January 08, 2015, 04:57:24 pm »

Hmm... What if I invite his son to my court? Can I then execute him and banish the son when he inherits?

Ninjas
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6841 on: January 08, 2015, 05:09:28 pm »

Banishing still works so long as they're landless. So you could potentially revoke his titles and then banish him so long as he doesn't have any connections that would ransom for him.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6842 on: January 08, 2015, 05:25:17 pm »

Banishing still works so long as they're landless. So you could potentially revoke his titles and then banish him so long as he doesn't have any connections that would ransom for him.

I can't banish him once I revoke his title since he "flees" to another realm and is no longer considered part of my court, despite still being in my dungeon. It's all very confusing.

There doesn't seem to be a way to get count's son into my court in the short term. His opinion of his dad is too high, I'd need a huge relationship boost with him, and I can't really get one right now.
                        - Random human lord

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6843 on: January 08, 2015, 05:43:26 pm »

The banish nerf is incredibly annoying truth be told. I'm not sure why I'm not allowed to steal the money of my vassals. Kings did it all the freaking time. It's literally part of their strategy to raise funds for wars and giant castles.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6844 on: January 08, 2015, 06:29:10 pm »

Spoiler: Aelfwig (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Osweald (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Balthere (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Aethelberht (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ceowulf (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Theoktistos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
All that red is Britannia, though note that the red in Poland is Poland. The thought has surfaced that I could unite the Norse and Muslim campaigns by pushing into Russia and literally surrounding all of Europe in a ring of Britannia.
The Norse religion is almost extinct, with Norse priests being murdered by Theoktistos's plotting everywhere except Constantinople and replaced with Catholic priests. Catholicism has also been deeply rooted in Fsyche rule over parts of the former Muslim world, most notably in that Mecca is now Catholic.
Culture is slower spread. Jerusalem is close to being the first wholly Anglo-Saxon duchy outside of Britannia. Of note is that Norway has kept its Norse culture in spite of losing its religion; Norway was conquered as a Kingdom, not in a series of Holy Wars, their native nobles were allowed to rule their own lands. The Norse culture in Norway has even developed into the proper Norwegian culture, which is itself replacing the Norse culture. Look at Iceland, half Norse and half Norwegian.
Trade republic Great Houses of Britannia + the Amalfi Republic and Venetian Republic in the Meditteranean. The Amalfi Republic has destroyed much of Venice's power and is going to take over the Meditteranean. House Fsyche = Red. House Saxony = White. House Mel = Blue. Grey = Axminster. Purple = I forgot, they don’t expand much.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6845 on: January 08, 2015, 06:29:26 pm »

http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Console_commands

There's a banish console command, might work to banish any vassals who you can only choose "ransom" for because of stupid UI.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6846 on: January 08, 2015, 06:33:06 pm »

The banish nerf is incredibly annoying truth be told. I'm not sure why I'm not allowed to steal the money of my vassals. Kings did it all the freaking time. It's literally part of their strategy to raise funds for wars and giant castles.

Now that I think of it, it *might* be (not a sarcastic might) related to the mini-event chain of Business focus. Teal deer, you and your steward, and optionally some priests, rent or steal a boat, meet some distant-ish lord, it's a huge investment, but if it pans out, you get couple hundred of gold, bonus city tax and city opinion. Since you get a shitton of money quick, they might've nerfed cashbans to prevent you from ripping off your business-minded counts for mountains upon mountains of dosh.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6847 on: January 08, 2015, 06:52:34 pm »

Oh yeah, and during Prince Ceowulf's reign I discovered the first instance I've ever seen of a woman who is both absolutely gorgeous and hideous at the same time. Perhaps she oscillates in a permanent flux of aesthetic quality. It arose after the event that causes one of your Republic male relatives marrying an ugly wife in exchange for a hefty sum of gold, generating a character on the spot with the ugly trait added on. The game generated a character who was handsome and slapped the ugly trait on her... Meaning the most attractive woman in all of Europe was hideous.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6848 on: January 08, 2015, 06:53:55 pm »

I think I'll just wait a generation and see if I can get a better opportunity. I'll try to raise the count's grandson to hate his father and look up to my ruler, that should make him easy to rob.
                        - Random human lord

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6849 on: January 08, 2015, 07:00:38 pm »

Oh yeah, and during Prince Ceowulf's reign I discovered the first instance I've ever seen of a woman who is both absolutely gorgeous and hideous at the same time.

Do you remember the episode of Seinfeld where Jerry dates the two-faced woman?  It might be something like that.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6850 on: January 08, 2015, 07:19:56 pm »

I seem to keep seeing my female vassals imprisoning and then executing or blinding random Ugly lowborn women as the Byzantines. Anyone know what this is? It's not particularly common.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6851 on: January 08, 2015, 07:30:31 pm »

Unfaithful husbands.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6852 on: January 08, 2015, 07:39:38 pm »

Christ this guy is picky about who his son marries. He may be the richest man in the world, but he's still just a count dammit! Getting his entire family killed is starting to seem like the more reasonable option.
                        - Random human lord

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6853 on: January 08, 2015, 07:41:45 pm »

Unfaithful husbands.

But all of the peasant women have Ugly, and sometimes the female vassals are not married either.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6854 on: January 09, 2015, 02:06:52 am »

Indeed, but how banishing worked is not a good way to represent that.

Edit: one extremely tedious way to retrieve the Golden Count's money might be to have him excommunicated and then repeatedly imprison and ransom him. I'm not 100% certain but I think excommunicated people can be imprisoned without tyranny maluses. He'll still hate you himself, of course. Station your... Military advisor guy... In his county with the... "Repress revolt" action. It will up the chances of imprisoning him.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 02:12:58 am by scriver »
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 455 456 [457] 458 459 ... 1002