Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 454 455 [456] 457 458 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2091139 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #6825 on: January 08, 2015, 08:58:11 am »

A persons first holding decides whether they're a bishop/shaman, mayor, or baron. Any additional holdings/counties they get, they want them to be that type, so if they get given (if feudal) a city or parish in a county, they'll give it to a subordinate baron under them, if they own some county somewhere already. If they don't, they'll hold on to it, but if they will still control it through a vassal, they'll do that.

And if a ruler already owns a subordinate holding (city or parish) in a county, and then get given the county castle, they'll switch the main holding to be the city and give the castle to a baron. You can switch it back by, as a feudal lord, owning both the main county castle and a subordinate castle. If you own both, then the castle will become the main holding and you can right click the city and click the bottom-left of the triangle that pops up to give it to a mayor.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 09:00:40 am by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6826 on: January 08, 2015, 11:05:17 am »

Yeah, I was trying to explain what Descan elaborated :)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6827 on: January 08, 2015, 11:37:40 am »

My kinsmen Kings of Norway have now died of stress or depression four times in a row. They also keep asking to marry the same, Ugly-trait average-statted nobody from my court. You'd think they'd have learned from the two other kings she was married to, now dead!

That branch of the family has always been a bit weird (and incompetent), but pwah.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6828 on: January 08, 2015, 03:08:34 pm »

So one of my counts has somehow become the richest man in the world. What.

With a personal wealth of over 20k, he just narrowly beats out the pope and has almost quadruple my own wealth as third richest man in the world. How on Earth did this happen, and more importantly, what's the best way for me to steal it all?
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6829 on: January 08, 2015, 03:14:55 pm »

Well, I don't think banishing it work anymore. If you exterminate his whole family, I guess you'll end up as heir...

Alternatively, if you nominate him a steward, you can get an event where your steward has been stealing from you, and you can force him to "reinburse" all the money he has.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6830 on: January 08, 2015, 03:19:25 pm »

Banishing doesn't work anymore? Is that the case just for titled characters? I get money from banishing adventurers pretty regularly. And, in that case, you could imprison him, revoke his title, and then banish him! You won't even be able to see that tyranny modifier from on top of your pile of gold.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6831 on: January 08, 2015, 03:21:20 pm »

Yeah, I think that's for landed characters.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6832 on: January 08, 2015, 04:04:46 pm »

After thinking about it some more I may know what happened. The Count is a catholic convert, but for a while his court was one of the few remaining Islamic refuges in Spain. I accidentally used a De Jure claim Causus Belli instead of a holy war, so its court remained Muslim. As I conquered the Andalusians, the now landless nobility would end up in his court. As they died their money would eventually work its way up to the count. He now holds the concentrated wealth of all the Muslims who didn't migrate to Africa when I conquered Spain. That also explains how the Emirs were able to afford so many mercenaries despite their shrinking financial base.

Let's see... it seems like I can have him imprisoned, revoke his vassalage from his duke and then revoke his title. It'll make everyone hate me, but with that kind of money I can afford to pay off anyone who matters five times over. The question is, do I make it happen now or wait for more of his court to die off?
                        - Random human lord

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6833 on: January 08, 2015, 04:14:28 pm »

How big is his court? How much money do they have?

If you first revoke the vassalage, then plot to revoke his title, you'll get less tyranny, and you'll get to siege his holding capturing court members which you should be able to off without tyranny.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6834 on: January 08, 2015, 04:37:19 pm »

He has 222 people in his court right now. Most of them are penniless courtiers, but there are a few with quite a bit of money. Just randomly sifting through them I found one with several hundred gold and another with 2000. It might take a couple generations for it to work its way through the system though. If I hold onto the county after revoking it from him, will his court merge with mine?
                        - Random human lord

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6835 on: January 08, 2015, 04:45:45 pm »

Banishing doesn't work anymore? Is that the case just for titled characters? I get money from banishing adventurers pretty regularly. And, in that case, you could imprison him, revoke his title, and then banish him! You won't even be able to see that tyranny modifier from on top of your pile of gold.

That wouldn't work - you can only banish people who are st home in your court, and revoking his title makes for a big change he won't settle in your court. The only times I've been able to reliably count on revokees settling in my court is as Nakonids, as they are the only Christian Pommeranian court around. Otherwise they will choose to go to relatives, in-laws, or just people of the same religion and/or culture that aren't you in 99% of ky experience.

After thinking about it some more I may know what happened. The Count is a catholic convert, but for a while his court was one of the few remaining Islamic refuges in Spain. I accidentally used a De Jure claim Causus Belli instead of a holy war, so its court remained Muslim. As I conquered the Andalusians, the now landless nobility would end up in his court. As they died their money would eventually work its way up to the count. He now holds the concentrated wealth of all the Muslims who didn't migrate to Africa when I conquered Spain. That also explains how the Emirs were able to afford so many mercenaries despite their shrinking financial base.

That sounds very likely. I had a similar idea about it being refugees from a destroyed republic that had somehow ended up in his fourth and then died off. They can rack up quite a hit of money, unworthy bourgeois pigs like they are :P
Love, scriver~

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6836 on: January 08, 2015, 04:47:55 pm »

Can't you banish any vassals?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6837 on: January 08, 2015, 04:51:17 pm »

That's not the issue, you can banish them, but you don't get their cashmoneys.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6838 on: January 08, 2015, 04:53:59 pm »

You fan banish landed vassals, and people living in your court. Banishing landed vassals give you no money. Revoking titles means that the target will very likely move to a different court than yours, even if he is your prisoner, so you won't be able to exile him afterwards - only ransom him (which will only yield 10 gold because he us an unlanded courtier at that point).
Love, scriver~

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6839 on: January 08, 2015, 04:56:35 pm »

Ok, so you need to invite their heir to your court, revoke their title, murder them, then banish the heir. That should work, right?

Pages: 1 ... 454 455 [456] 457 458 ... 1002