Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 453 454 [455] 456 457 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2091245 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #6810 on: January 06, 2015, 09:46:32 pm »

I think seduction is broken.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #6811 on: January 06, 2015, 10:16:24 pm »

That's.. an African [Mali, or Timbuktu?] CoA.. and you're Ireland?
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6812 on: January 06, 2015, 10:18:37 pm »

Looks like Mali.  Timbuktu is just pure black if I recall correctly.
also, how
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6813 on: January 06, 2015, 10:48:22 pm »

That's the one I started with, associated with the Kingdom of Ireland. DIdn't change anything.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6814 on: January 06, 2015, 11:26:41 pm »

In my current game the Ummayyads have a longship as their flag. I don't know what paradox did with flags recently.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #6815 on: January 06, 2015, 11:53:07 pm »

That's the one I started with, associated with the Kingdom of Ireland. DIdn't change anything.

Yeah, it's definitely a western African CoA, so paradox must've fudged something with flags and culture identifiers [if the Ummayads have a longboat CoA, that means they were using the Pagan CoA selection.. somehow].
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The fact that your duke CoAs are proper makes this even more confusing to me. Hopefully that won't get overlooked, either.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6816 on: January 07, 2015, 12:31:13 am »

Haha, I shared that purely for people to get a laugh out of the opinion modifier lists, not to find a bug! but it's good it's found.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6817 on: January 07, 2015, 03:19:08 pm »

Is it just me or is the whole Lombardy/Byzantium region surprisingly stable? I've been sitting in the bottom of the boot for around 200 years as a Duke and only managed to snag Lecce from the Byzantines so far. And it doesn't look like anything is going to rebel or collapse either.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6818 on: January 07, 2015, 05:17:16 pm »

Read the posts before you, there are a number of bugs in the game right now.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6819 on: January 07, 2015, 06:18:39 pm »

There are a lot of weird cases where I've seen levies that won't disband unless you do it manually. My current game I'm hopping around after each character and some I've switched to have had this problem, which prevents declaration of war. I actually switched to a norse character that was getting the "too long at peace" modifier already so I think this might be a persistent problem to balance.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6820 on: January 07, 2015, 06:40:17 pm »

There's a bug I've noticed where you'll get an event to fall in love with your wife, and the game will consider it as cheating on your wife with your wife. Fortunately from what I've seen that doesn't mean your children will be bastards, but it is annoying when your player becomes guilty for "cheating" and gives you an event with no good options.

Anyway, after about 100 years I've managed to decimate the Andalusian emirates and form the Empire of Hispania! There are now just three independent powers in my De Jure empire, and I plan to take them all soon enough. After five holy wars in little more than a decade, two sheikdoms of the former Abbadid emirate is all that remains of the Muslim powers in Spain, and they will be conquered as soon as our truce expires. They didn't go without a fight, though. In the hands of a competent strategist they may have even turned the tides on me. Not only did they pull the nearby African Sultanates into the war, but each of them had an absurd amount of wealth to pay mercenaries. Fortunately I was able to obliterate the mercenaries before their morale built up.

The second independent realm is a single county held by the king of Bohemia. One of my sisters had matrilinealy married the heir to Bohemia and I had foolishly given him land. Later I found out Bohemia had seniority succession so the marriage was pointless. The county shouldn't put up much of a fight, and Bohemia is too far away to defend it.

Then there's Barcelona, just an independent duchy until recently. For years I left it to its own devices, thinking I could just vassalize it eventually. Then, while I tied up all the Muslim forces, they declared their own crusade to claim the island capital of one of the emirates. This gave them enough land to form the Kingdom of Aragon, and the new king isn't too keen on bending the knee. They'll probably take the longest to reign in.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #6821 on: January 07, 2015, 07:05:36 pm »

I really hope we get a big bug-fix patch soon. The game is long overdue for one.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6822 on: January 07, 2015, 09:52:22 pm »

Is there a way to change the capital of a county? I have a single province with a city as its capital rather than a keep. I'd like to hold onto it but if I do it keeps giving me the "wrong type of holding" warning.

Edit: Nevermind, after searching the wiki it turns out you can do it by giving the county to whoever owns the holding you want to make the capital. Since I happened to be heir to the local baron, I just called a hit on him which half the realm answered. He died in a manure explosion and the capital was corrected, success!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 10:03:27 pm by nogoodnames »
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6823 on: January 08, 2015, 08:07:07 am »

Is there a way to change the capital of a county? I have a single province with a city as its capital rather than a keep. I'd like to hold onto it but if I do it keeps giving me the "wrong type of holding" warning.

Edit: Nevermind, after searching the wiki it turns out you can do it by giving the county to whoever owns the holding you want to make the capital. Since I happened to be heir to the local baron, I just called a hit on him which half the realm answered. He died in a manure explosion and the capital was corrected, success!

Alternately, own both a castle and the city personally in the county and the county capital will switch to the castle (assuming you're a feudal ruler).

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6824 on: January 08, 2015, 08:48:23 am »

Alternately, own both a castle and the city personally in the county and the county capital will switch to the castle (assuming you're a feudal ruler).
That's what he did. He was, howver, a little more violent about the 'own' action.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.
Pages: 1 ... 453 454 [455] 456 457 ... 1002