Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 451 452 [453] 454 455 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2091246 times)

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #6780 on: January 04, 2015, 09:39:05 pm »

Has anyone tried converting to christianity or some other religion as norse, then converting back and forth my proselytizing yourself?

I sort of unintentionally did this...and it was beautiful how it worked out

My Norse king was old and frail (became infirm at age 58...he was 65)...he had sent one son off for glory in the Vangarian Guard and while his son was away he was imprisoning and murdering his 3 other sons. Unfortunately the last one fled to safety.

With almost no warning my son had taken hold of the Orthodox religion in a zealous manner and then came back to Norway and set the country in motion to be converted as he was converting vassals left and right.

My king finally took his last breath and the kingdom or Norway was handed to the Orthodox Zealot of a son and many holdings went to the son that had fled. The king had 3 daughters before finally having a son. I sent the son off to train under a zealous germanic warrior to give him a proper education and as the years went on the country was being run by almost 100% orthodox vassals.

When the Germanic son hit 20 the king had finally died of old age and in a glorious retaking of the country I was able to revoke everyones titles with almost no issue on the account of me being germanic and them being Orthodox. Free revocations for the win!

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #6781 on: January 04, 2015, 11:01:39 pm »

Well, I did it, the Kingdom of Aquitaine is now mine. Question is now whether I should form the HRE. Is there a reason to do so? Should I just grab the rest of the former Western Roman Empire, and declare it all to be HRE? Will this mean the pope will no longer be a vassal under me?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6782 on: January 04, 2015, 11:33:58 pm »

It's the same as forming any other empire. Everything you own is part of your empire including the Pope.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #6783 on: January 04, 2015, 11:38:19 pm »

Good to hear. The pope is my go to means of expansion nowadays. Realizing that it's easier for my chancellor to raise his opinion of me enough that I can demand claims on Christian Duchies is much cheaper than forging those claims. And I can make the piety for the request by holy warring the Pagans. Which is also enough piety for a loan request. It's nuts.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6784 on: January 04, 2015, 11:41:18 pm »

It's the same as forming any other empire. Everything you own is part of your empire including the Pope.

Yeah, similarly the Ecumenical Patriarch of Orthodoxy is always a vassal of the Emperor of the Byzantine Empire.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #6785 on: January 05, 2015, 02:19:14 pm »

Yeah, similarly the Ecumenical Patriarch of Orthodoxy is always a vassal of the Emperor of the Byzantine Empire.

ORLY?

What if the Byzantine Empire falls but Orthodoxy remains? WHERE'S YOUR GOD (STAYING) NOW?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #6786 on: January 05, 2015, 02:21:49 pm »

Welp I just accidentally a Joffrey

Had seduction focused king have an affair with some duchess, they had an illegitimate daughter but no one caught on. Years later I notice that the daughter had inherited the attractive trait from her mother and decide to marry her to the second prince to try and breed it into the family line and didn't realize what had happened until it had already went through. And then eventually I had the second prince become heir because his older brother sucked.

Thankfully their first son turned out alright. Their second son not so much. On the plus side he's really attractive!

EDIT: AND THEN HE DIED
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 02:25:08 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6787 on: January 05, 2015, 02:37:50 pm »

ORLY?

What if the Byzantine Empire falls but Orthodoxy remains? WHERE'S YOUR GOD (STAYING) NOW?

You'd need to destroy the Byzantine Empire title, I imagine. Easiest way to test this would be the Mongol Empire bookmark and rushing to gobble up the Byzzies. Ah, Mongols.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6788 on: January 05, 2015, 05:40:47 pm »

ORLY?

The Patriarch continues to reside in Constantinople, even if the Byzantines fall and/or Constantinople falls to the Muslims.
After all, if you've a Patriarch in Constantinople, he'll be waiting in Istanbul.  :P

Likewise, all the other Patriarchs (Antioch, Alexandria, etc.) continue their residence even though their lands are Muslim.

What's interesting is that the Pope will often relocate if Rome falls, but I have a game where the Lombards became Orthodox, and eventually the Pope wound up back in Rome even though the Papacy doesn't hold and land there. I think there's an event chain that ensconces the Pope back in Rome as long as the owner of Roma is Christian, and I guess Orthodoxy counts in that respect.

Now when Rome fell to my Zikrid dynasty, and I converted the province to Sunni Islam, the Pope hightailed it for some German monastery or other. And then it was nothing but endless Crusades from the HRE and their Doomstacks of Doomy Doom. Thank God Allah for the Alps is all I'm saying.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6789 on: January 05, 2015, 06:03:56 pm »

ORLY?

The Patriarch continues to reside in Constantinople, even if the Byzantines fall and/or Constantinople falls to the Muslims.
After all, if you've a Patriarch in Constantinople, he'll be waiting in Istanbul.  :P

Likewise, all the other Patriarchs (Antioch, Alexandria, etc.) continue their residence even though their lands are Muslim.

What's interesting is that the Pope will often relocate if Rome falls, but I have a game where the Lombards became Orthodox, and eventually the Pope wound up back in Rome even though the Papacy doesn't hold and land there. I think there's an event chain that ensconces the Pope back in Rome as long as the owner of Roma is Christian, and I guess Orthodoxy counts in that respect.

Fairly sure it's that for Rome - the run where I took Rome over as a Viking king of England just for the lulz, then gave it independence had my son - the owner - fight and lose a de jure claim war over it by a neighboring Christian lord, and then the county became an independent Papacy-held title with Pope back at Rome.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6790 on: January 05, 2015, 06:58:05 pm »

I remember in the older versions it would say the pope is residing in Rome, if Rome had been conquered by someone.

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6791 on: January 05, 2015, 09:35:54 pm »

Bah. Stupid decadence is grinding me down.
All my brothers their heirs aren't getting any land from their fathers... Giving me a lot of decadence in a short time. And imprisoning them or killing them gives a too huge a relationship loss...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6792 on: January 05, 2015, 10:39:10 pm »

Pffft... relationship loss.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A great king doesn't give a bloody fuck what some inbred mongrels think about anything. The country exists for the king.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6793 on: January 05, 2015, 11:21:49 pm »

Pffft... relationship loss.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A great king doesn't give a bloody fuck what some inbred mongrels think about anything. The country exists for the king.
Crush more revolts, problem solved.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6794 on: January 06, 2015, 06:53:16 am »

Given that its demesne is 82 too big, I'd say yes.

Isn't NK mode not a thing anymore?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 451 452 [453] 454 455 ... 1002