Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 440 441 [442] 443 444 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092715 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #6615 on: December 24, 2014, 01:54:41 pm »

So....I actually CAN try to create an Empire of Greater Carolina?  :D

EDIT: Hmph, just a kingdom. And part of the new Confederacy. Well, we'll see about that! And this Evangelical thing has got to go.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 02:20:28 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6616 on: December 24, 2014, 02:28:52 pm »

So....I actually CAN try to create an Empire of Greater Carolina?  :D

EDIT: Hmph, just a kingdom. And part of the new Confederacy. Well, we'll see about that! And this Evangelical thing has got to go.
Remember that with Charlemagne you can create kingdoms and empire through decisions. So you are not bound by the preset ones.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6617 on: December 24, 2014, 02:47:26 pm »

A noob question for all of you with the Old Gods DLC. How the hell do I raid people!?
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6618 on: December 24, 2014, 02:50:54 pm »

A noob question for all of you with the Old Gods DLC. How the hell do I raid people!?
If you are of a raid-enabled religion (Norse and Tengri, I think. Don't know about Aztec), there should be a button that looks like a sword and torch in the little window that pops up when you select an army.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6619 on: December 24, 2014, 02:53:02 pm »

Suomenusko, Romuva and I think Slavic are also raiders. Make sure you're raiding neighbouring other-religion counties (unless you're Norse, then go wild with your boats and shit).
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6620 on: December 24, 2014, 02:54:26 pm »

All pagans can raid, all tribals can raid. Raiding only works on people who aren't of your religion. Button is in the top right of the army window thing where you can select flank commanders.
You can only raid counties that border your lands, or counties that border a sea in which you have a fleet (which was carrying your raiders).

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6621 on: December 24, 2014, 03:55:22 pm »

I thought West Africans couldn't raid, but maybe I was just thinking of the non-existent Hellenic/generic Pagans.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6622 on: December 24, 2014, 03:56:59 pm »

The Rust Empire stands strong, minus constant internal strife, but eh
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6623 on: December 24, 2014, 04:52:21 pm »

If you are of a raid-enabled religion (Norse and Tengri, I think. Don't know about Aztec), there should be a button that looks like a sword and torch in the little window that pops up when you select an army.

You have to do do thus in your own demesne or that of some vassal of yours, though.

Suomenusko, Romuva and I think Slavic are also raiders. Make sure you're raiding neighbouring other-religion counties (unless you're Norse, then go wild with your boats and shit).

Tribals can raid every religion as well, even their own.
Love, scriver~

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6624 on: December 24, 2014, 11:57:32 pm »

Holy shitballs, we actually won a crusade for once.
I had no. 2 contribution, after sending my 4000 man retinue + 8000 man demesne + 14000 levy (i've got all of Ireland and Scotland minus Katanes), and we captured Jerusalem!

Now, I thought it wouldn't be held for very long, but there were two new orders announced shortly afterwards. The Muslims declared Jihad for Jerusalem, and failed!

Never had this happen even once in my game. Plus, I got the superb Crusader trait.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6625 on: December 25, 2014, 12:55:28 am »

In my Suomi Empire game, the Christians took Jerusalem, and awarded the entire kingdom to the Teutonic Order. Then they had a successful couple of crusades in Iberia, and in both cases the Knights of Santiago were the leader contributor. So the order hold nearly all half the Iberian peninsula now. Scared of that shit.

Kind of problematic, given that the Teutonic Knights are in the path of my expansion into eastern Christendom, and they're nearly impossible to win against unless I can plonk down 20K Russian/Swedish/Finnish troops all the way into the Levant, while simultaneously  being able to hold off my apostate distant cousins who converted to Catholicism and hold the thrones of Poland, Bohemia and Pommerania.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6626 on: December 25, 2014, 01:08:37 am »

In my Scandanavia game I'm considering vassalizing the Jomsvikings and giving them the kingdom of Pomerania. I have no experience with holy orders whatsoever, would that be dumb?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6627 on: December 25, 2014, 01:52:09 am »

Holy orders do weird things with territory. I have the Suomenusko Church as a vassal, and they have ALL of Lithuania (which they won in a crusade that they called). But they never created a kingdom-level title, and as the Church is only considered a ducal-level title, they won't create any duchies within the territory. In addition, they refuse to upgrade tribal lands despite them being fully built out. So, in order to get maximum yield, I've created the individual duchy titles and given them to lords under the Church's command, transferring them to my domain instead and letting them upgrade their holding to a feudal one. Unfortunately, granting them the title only removes their county from the Church's grasp -- all other counties in the duchy stay as Church vassals.

Meanwhile, the Sons of Kaleva have built about a dozen castles across southern Russia/Ruthenia. Which makes them one hell of a force to be reckoned with.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6628 on: December 25, 2014, 02:37:39 am »

Yeah, looks like weird things might happen if I give them the kingdom. It does still look useful to vassalize them, though. I'm the only independent Germanic pagan left, so it's not like I want them to help defend other vikings out there. I think I'll just give them a sprinkling of the baronies I'm seizing from Slavs and Catholics, so they have some teeth if I ever need them. I'm guessing once I make the push to reclaim Germanic holy sites I'll get hit with a crusade, since apparently taking Braunschweig triggers it for them.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6629 on: December 25, 2014, 03:56:11 am »

You'll be fine. Punch those rotten Catholics in the face with your massive pagan schlong.

Kill a few thousand of them and win a few holy wars and before you know it all the Catholics have become heretics. Then you chop them up, one bit at a time.
Pages: 1 ... 440 441 [442] 443 444 ... 1002