Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092313 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #6541 on: December 18, 2014, 04:57:31 pm »

Fairly sure if the kid is dead the event chain ends (unfortunately).
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6542 on: December 18, 2014, 05:01:35 pm »

It's actually ludicriously hard to kill that kid. You can't even imprison him.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6543 on: December 20, 2014, 02:04:51 pm »

So I used the unlock ruler creator to make a character with 350% health. He also got an event in game where someone gifted him a rare sapling and the prize of that long event chain was a life-giving sap that increases my lifespan (wtf).

Here he is at age 100 after outliving almost half his children... and still fathering more children. I didn't even choose the seduction trait this time. I went with hunting focus instead for the first 80 years but turns out one of the outcomes of the hunts is to bring back a superwoman mistress that has quick, strong, and lustful along with massive stats. So this guy had 5 of them.

It also literally took him those 80 years to find the white stag, at which point he decided to let it go.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6544 on: December 20, 2014, 02:08:28 pm »

Did Way of Life get rid of the 'pay a fuckload of cash' assasination, at least outside of Intrigue focus, or am I simply bad at the new UI? The latter is definitely an option as I've spent like ten minutes trying to find the new placement of the Ambition button (didn't play since before Charlemagne).
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6545 on: December 20, 2014, 02:17:04 pm »

Did Way of Life get rid of the 'pay a fuckload of cash' assasination, at least outside of Intrigue focus, or am I simply bad at the new UI? The latter is definitely an option as I've spent like ten minutes trying to find the new placement of the Ambition button (didn't play since before Charlemagne).
I think it was Charlemagne that did it.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6546 on: December 20, 2014, 05:09:15 pm »

The Lord Johan did, in his infinite wisdom, banish the assassinate button from our ream, he spake "And now multi is balanced".

He then drank a million gallons of dewritos and flew into the sun, where he resides to this day.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6547 on: December 20, 2014, 05:40:31 pm »

So I used the unlock ruler creator to make a character with 350% health. He also got an event in game where someone gifted him a rare sapling and the prize of that long event chain was a life-giving sap that increases my lifespan (wtf).

Here he is at age 100 after outliving almost half his children... and still fathering more children. I didn't even choose the seduction trait this time. I went with hunting focus instead for the first 80 years but turns out one of the outcomes of the hunts is to bring back a superwoman mistress that has quick, strong, and lustful along with massive stats. So this guy had 5 of them.

It also literally took him those 80 years to find the white stag, at which point he decided to let it go.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
:o

those stats

So is it fair to say that the new DLC breaks the game? Or is this more a case of ""mega-health/longevity breaks the game".

How do you even....I just can't imagine even numerous event chains giving you stats that high though.  ???

EDIT: Wait, what the fucksticks did you with this guy? He's a Kshatriya and a Sayyid, but he's Catholic?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6548 on: December 20, 2014, 06:00:22 pm »

Ruler Designer breaks the game.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6549 on: December 20, 2014, 06:11:51 pm »

It's this Workshop mod: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=253133956

Basically you can do whatever. He's also a Cathar (gotta get those sweet women in positions of power). The reason why it looks like he's a Catholic is because Cathar is now the true Christian belief while Catholicism is a heresy. He's also a Roman because of reasons.

My plan is this:

1. Make super duper ultra ruler to make a giant-ass empire in his lifetime.
2. Give titles to every single person in the dynasty.
3. Wait for super ruler to die.
4. Fun.

I'm thinking whether when this guy dies, either to take control of one of the descendants and try to fight for the throne... or maybe be an outside party and see who wins without intervention.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6550 on: December 20, 2014, 06:14:24 pm »

The Lord Johan did, in his infinite wisdom, banish the assassinate button from our ream, he spake "And now multi is balanced".

He then drank a million gallons of dewritos and flew into the sun, where he resides to this day.
I think that, since by charlemagne, the team is composed of four people, it might have been someone else. Either way, I wish we could plot to kill our own children (perhaps disabling that if the character is kind/other positive trait)
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6551 on: December 20, 2014, 06:27:52 pm »

I think that, since by charlemagne, the team is composed of four people, it might have been someone else. Either way, I wish we could plot to kill our own children (perhaps disabling that if the character is kind/other positive trait)

Oh yes, I haaaate that. Especially since one of my sons has betrayed his proud Viking lineage and embraced the foul Catholic faith - not just that, but as a ZEALOT. Where is the 'disown' button when you need it?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6552 on: December 20, 2014, 11:32:48 pm »

Pffft....I wound up with my only son being born an imbecile, and getting born when my monarch was already in his late 50s. I need a "Smother with pillow/punt off balcony" button, so my cousin (with three perfectly healthy, normal sons) can inherit the vast empire I've built. Even a "Pay fucktons of money to make it look like an accident" would be acceptable.

The other problem with removing assassinations is adventurers. The decision text when you're notified of an impending adventurer claim even still says "Oh dear, I hope he is not prone to....accidents." But because they're not in your court, there's usually only a 20-30% plot power max, so basically all you can do is beef up your levies and brace for impact. (Now, once you're strong enough, adventurers are a great source of income. Curbstomp their host, imprison and banish them, and usually net about 500 gold when you do so. If you're lucky enough, the same adventurer might even try a second attempt for mo' money).

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6553 on: December 20, 2014, 11:39:37 pm »

In my fun/cheat game (not my main one that is doing Ironman, which is a more serious game )...I started as the leader of Kingdom of Jerusalem

Age. 16
Immortal
High stats
Tons of overpowered traits
literally 3000 fertility (immortal makes you lose 6k or whatever it is...I upped his fertility to 9k but he only actually has 3k)
Married to a roman princess
sons: 9
Daughters: 3

He makes princess pregnant a lot :P

I only had to edit defines.lua to make all the traits/stats cost no age and all cost 0 to get

Personally like my serious game more...but I'm kinda playing this guy as an evil demigod/satan with possessed/lunatic, who rules jerusalem and kills in the name of god :D
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6554 on: December 21, 2014, 12:37:56 am »

So with seduction focus there's inadvertently the best succession law ever. Never marry, just impregnate everyone, especially people with the right traits, and then legitimize whatever son is capable enough. Get like 40 children and choose one.
Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 1002