Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 428 429 [430] 431 432 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092047 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #6435 on: December 07, 2014, 01:10:01 am »

Abbasids seem to have been nerfed a bit finally in the last patch. The Ummayyads on the other hand....MOORS STRONK

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #6436 on: December 07, 2014, 02:41:47 am »

The problem with the Abbasids is that they're very large, but their ruling dynasty is ridiculously secure because of all the positive opinion bonuses they get (Sayyid, lots of Piety from being Caliph, lots of prestige from inheriting a gigantic empire) and their expansion is quick because of incredibly strong CBs. The only limitation is their military strength and decadence, but decadence vanishes when you're winning holy wars left and right.

The Muslims really aren't balanced at all, and never have been because of their weird mechanics. One patch you have the Fatimids marching through Constantinople, the next all of Africa and the Holy Land is a patchwork of HRE/Castille/Venice colonies. By TOG and CM, I've only seen them ineffectually collapse in on themselves and be pushed back hard (the earlier patches of TOG) or else occupy Turkey, Greece, the lower Balkans and half of France before 1000 (the current state of CM, last time I checked).

They aren't even that fun, because all their neat features carry with them the incredible bore of decadence micromanagement and having to murder all the relatives that slide back into decadence after being convinced to reform, as well as all the relatives that your idiot cousins tried and failed to reform. It's only worse with you basically requiring a full 4 wife harem and not having any Chaste trait, meaning that within a few generations you're combing a family tree of several hundred members for a handful of decadent members ruining things, until it gets to the point that while your vassals are completely loyal and your army can crush all infidels underfoot, you're basically spending 90% of the game dealing with relatives.
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6437 on: December 07, 2014, 02:45:36 am »

Has anyone tried to make multiple custom rulers in the same game? Or is that impossible?
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6438 on: December 07, 2014, 02:10:28 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Rather appropriately the red God's religion is currently surrounded by seven outposts of The Seven's faith; total conversion is inevitable.

Great fortune stuck the Iron Throne as the dissent growing amongst the disgruntled Khalasar Rommo turned into full-blown civil war whilst the Khalasar was itself being invaded by the Iron Throne. The faction of angry Dothraki screamers rebelling against their lord seemed content to avoid my forces and were much more focused on attacking Khal Rommo, presumably because they got no warscore from fighting me and only their lord. Khal Rommo himself seemed more preoccupied on fighting the rebels and I managed to get off without having any major engagements with Dothraki horse archers.

Ibben was surprisingly useful; it was my resupply point to allowing over 30,000 of my own personal elite troops drafted from King's Landing and the Dragonstone Isles land right on Khal Rommo's capital. Khal Rommo was somewhat fucked.
In addition to the 30k Royal Legion in the enemy capital there was my 40k strong mercenary-levy force in the West, my 12k strong dothraki horde in the East, my 11k Ghiscari force in the south and 150k of his own soldiers fighting against him. To be honest it seems Rommo viewed me as the lesser of two threats and surrendered the claimed land to the Iron Throne after a mere 33% warscore against his nation.

Such a landmark victory as the Iron Throne decisively out maneuvred the greatest Khalasar the world had ever seen was rendered somewhat moot with the acquisition of dragon Spyrax's help.
The entire world was conquered in days; no land is not ruled by the Iron Throne anymore, save some chiefdoms north of the wall. The wildling people there cause revolts nonstop and I was rather annoyed by the constant notifications I was getting that yet another riot was happening so I allowed them independence. Besides a Fortress in Hardhome and Thenn, it's a truly lawless land full of wildling barbarians constantly at war with one another.

Global domination achieved in days; dragons somewhat OP.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #6439 on: December 07, 2014, 02:44:19 pm »

I'm somewhat confused, is the dragon an insta-WC button? Or do you have unlimited CBs and a ridiculously OP unit?
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6440 on: December 07, 2014, 03:11:06 pm »

I'm somewhat confused, is the dragon an insta-WC button? Or do you have unlimited CBs and a ridiculously OP unit?
Yes and no to all questions.

You gain access to the dragon conquest CB which can be used on everyone everywhere as long as they don't serve you already, under the pretext of 'fuck you I have a dragon.' You gain the dragon rider trait which means you get +10 martial and in combat or siege can call upon the aid of your dragon which will almost all the time guarantee major destruction of the enemy (at risk of wounding/maiming/killing your dragon). The dragon CB allows the enemy to either surrender to you without a fight, becoming your vassal but maintaining their lands, or fight and try to win. Usually they won't, because you have a dragon and the armies of all the lands that have surrendered to you.
Considering how my dragon is probably round about now the size of the horse, they're probably more concerned by the warlord who is amongst one of the best generals in the known world commanding a fleet of thousands and an army of 700,000.
I suppose dragons are the nukes of the game. If you have them and no one else does you're in for some smooth conquering.

Oh yeah, you can also feed your prisoners to your dragon.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6441 on: December 07, 2014, 03:12:30 pm »

Ninja'd but still posting cause I dont want to have typed it out for nothing lol

little bit of all?

The Taergayians get pretty much an unlimited CB against everyone called "Dragon Conquest" or something and if your general has dragon then you get a decision to use it in combat or in a siege

In combat it can easily kill thousands of troops and in a siege it automatically ends the siege

in both cases the dragon only has a 1% chance to die or a 2% chance to be wounded

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6442 on: December 07, 2014, 03:14:23 pm »

In news from the modding front, things are gettin' weird.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6443 on: December 07, 2014, 03:21:13 pm »

Someone should really make a Long Live the Queen mod with all the skills and a bunch of events that can kill you.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6444 on: December 07, 2014, 03:35:13 pm »

The Taergayians get pretty much an unlimited CB against everyone called "Dragon Conquest" or something and if your general has dragon then you get a decision to use it in combat or in a siege
In combat it can easily kill thousands of troops and in a siege it automatically ends the siege
in both cases the dragon only has a 1% chance to die or a 2% chance to be wounded
Anyone who owns a dragon gets the CB; it also doesn't auto end the siege, it just removes morale from the defenders, sets the county on fire (tax penalty/increase attrition for a time) and kills a portion of defenders. Oh yeah, one thing to mention is that having your general with the dragon rider attribute means that your army has a +40% morale defence and a +40% morale offence. All enemies fear you!

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6445 on: December 07, 2014, 03:36:39 pm »

Well it lowers the morale of defenders by 100% so that...auto ends the seige...I was doing that last night and thats what the tooltip said. My dragon size was 108 so it might be size = morale damage or something like that

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6446 on: December 07, 2014, 03:45:39 pm »

Your dragon or dragon hatchling has a veryhigh chance to get wounded or even outright killed, but the older the dragon gets the lower the chance of wounds/maiming or death is reduced to 2%/2%/1% i think?
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6447 on: December 07, 2014, 03:55:23 pm »

What is this about a dragon?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6448 on: December 07, 2014, 04:22:15 pm »

What's the name of that mod and what version does it run on? I've been unable to locate it in the Steam workshop, under both 'game of thrones' and 'song of ice and fire'
Wouldn't know. But here's a link on MobDB
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6449 on: December 07, 2014, 04:48:26 pm »

Yeah, the mod is too big for Steam Workshop.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 428 429 [430] 431 432 ... 1002