Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 426 427 [428] 429 430 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2091950 times)

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #6405 on: December 02, 2014, 04:18:54 pm »

I'm not entirely sure, it did say -# tax incomes on the vassal screen though. I can only assume so. That raises the question of exactly how the Papacy has -5% Noble Vassal tax once gifted an Emperorship.. I don't recall any modifiers that lower Noble Vassal tax to anything below 0%..

Stuff like this makes my head hurt. I'm gonna have to pay more attention to the pope and the silly situations that the Papacy shoehorns itself into.

There's a great comment down at the bottom:

"They're marketing him as New Pope. Then, when everyone hates him, they'll return to Pope Classic and make millions."

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6406 on: December 02, 2014, 09:02:49 pm »

So I somehow managed to make it through the steam sales intact... but CK2 is a daily deal at the moment, 75% off. I'm giving it some serious thought... I have vanilla EU4 and found it kinda "meh" honestly, but I have seen some gameplay of CK2 and like the intrigue/insanity of the dynasties. Seems like a great way to make the game more personal rather than just being a generic overseer.

That said, I'm not sure I want to get EVERYTHING for CK2. The full package would be $40 right now, which seems to be what the base game costs when it's not on sale. But setting aside cosmetic DLC, what are the key pieces I should be picking up? Gameplay is a top priority for me.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6407 on: December 02, 2014, 09:28:14 pm »

That question gets asked every single freaking time this game goes on sale, and then some.

1. Sons of Abraham for more stuff for all the factions you are almost guaranteed to play.
2. Old Gods cause vikings and earlier start date. Also makes pagans playable.
3. Legacy of Rome for retinues, though from what I hear those got nerfed super hard, so maybe not mandatory. If you ever want to play as Orthodox, you'd want this though.

The rest don't matter unless you want to play as whatever it is they offer. Charlemagne isn't on sale.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6408 on: December 03, 2014, 05:07:12 am »

I'd say get the bundle. Otherwise you're going to pay $10 for the base game and another $10-20 for the first few dlcs. Then if you decide you want more you'll majorly regret having not bought them cheap.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6409 on: December 04, 2014, 07:40:22 pm »

I'd say get the bundle. Otherwise you're going to pay $10 for the base game and another $10-20 for the first few dlcs. Then if you decide you want more you'll majorly regret having not bought them cheap.

Agreed.  Most of the major DLCs add something new to do (although Sons of Abraham only gives like two new nations, but Everyone Loves a Jew*).

*Sons of Abraham unlocks Judaism, along with Zoroastrian.

PokemonRocks85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6410 on: December 04, 2014, 08:14:32 pm »

What is that called, I'm not sure myself. Been trying to find the name for it, it looks pretty nice.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6411 on: December 04, 2014, 08:15:52 pm »

That's the letter T.

PokemonRocks85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6412 on: December 04, 2014, 08:17:21 pm »

I know what the letter is, I just want to know where/how to find how it was displayed, so I may use it for some fancy lettering.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6413 on: December 04, 2014, 08:18:58 pm »

Well the art form is called maunscript illumination
googling that produces some nice font pictures, but nothing that fancy.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 08:20:46 pm by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6414 on: December 04, 2014, 08:35:41 pm »

Where did you get THAT picture? Are you asking "Where in the CK2 files can I find this?" or what?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

PokemonRocks85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6415 on: December 04, 2014, 08:36:43 pm »

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115594&d=1411561877

I got it from that, I just gyazo'd it. Yes, I wanna know where I can find it in CK2 files or find the exact source/origins of a replica of the exact appearance of that posted image.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6416 on: December 04, 2014, 08:46:32 pm »

Image files, yeah. Not sure how CK2 structures them, though. Or what format they're in.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6417 on: December 04, 2014, 08:54:17 pm »

crusader kings ii\gfx\fonts\decorative_color.tga
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6418 on: December 05, 2014, 09:38:08 pm »

Everyone Loves Jew gold*
Ftfy; 500 gold and no one tries killing you for seizing it!

Spoiler: GoT escapades (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There is fortune in finding gay people exist. At a time where many are incredibly dissatisfied by the government's gradual consolidation and monopolization of world power it is comforting to note that I will always have the support of gay dukes who find me sexy. With their loyalty, my own armies and my own loyal Baratheons the dynasty is still secure in this somewhat turbulent time. Even better is that the Crown Prince Dake Baratheon also shares the same attractiveness genes as King Benjicot, so he too will retain popularity amongst the gay Dukes even at the start of his eventual reign.

Koroxhar is also getting his facepaint on. Koroxhar was rescued from prison by me (he keeps falling victim to the ploys of other Summer Islanders) and married a Stormlander woman called Larra. Larra is somewhat upset by Koroxhar in that she was fired from his small council. Their son identifies himself as a Summer Islander, like his father.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #6419 on: December 05, 2014, 09:39:47 pm »

Not my game, but I had to share this:
Pages: 1 ... 426 427 [428] 429 430 ... 1002