Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 424 425 [426] 427 428 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2091849 times)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #6375 on: November 27, 2014, 01:45:36 am »

CK2+ is (was? haven't played it or CK2 much lately) a balance/anti-blobbing mod, IMO. As such, it'd be a lot like vanilla, but everything expands slower and falls apart more often.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6376 on: November 27, 2014, 06:47:32 am »

Well fuck me if the game of thrones mod isn't just the best thing ever.
*snip*
I was more in engaged in that then I was for the last two seasons of Game of Thrones. Possibly because the morality rate was much, much lower?
Jesus Christ, how horrifying.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6377 on: November 27, 2014, 01:51:53 pm »

Well fuck me if the game of thrones mod isn't just the best thing ever.
*snip*
I was more in engaged in that then I was for the last two seasons of Game of Thrones. Possibly because the morality rate was much, much lower?
Jesus Christ, how horrifying.
On both accounts of morality and mortality, things have been capital 'F' Fun.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6378 on: November 28, 2014, 01:46:26 am »

So, playing with HIP mod. (edit: Also doing Ironman mode)

Started in the first crusade era, because I like playing as Kingdom of Jerusalem and I guess I really like that time period. At least in the game I do. I probably should read more about it since I don't know that much about it. I tend have the most fun playing in that era in CK2 in any case.

So, been playing the game a while. I wanted to vassal with Byzantines (swear fealty), because they are Byzantines. I'd do the same as anyone else :P Since I wasn't next to them though. So, I prepared an invasion to Sultunate of Rum. Assassinated the leader's heir (not the leader himself, since I thought he'd be too hard to target directly and he probably die of old age before I'd assassinate him). Then his wife because she was an easy target, and one of his sons. I left him with an heir his vassals all mostly hated and had really crappy attributes. Plus one of his traits gave him tons of negatives.

I could technically have taken them all out, but decided to leave them with a crappy leader (who their old leader I left alone, did in fact die, but in a battle...thought it was funny) instead of it going to someone else.

During that time, I had risen 2 holy orders who were quite strong. Along with 4 retinues of...forgot what they were called, but its the first option and mostly cavalry. So, my army did consist a lot of cavalry than anything. At this point, I wasn't making barely any income...so with my armies built and their dynasty mostly taken out. I declared an invasion (which I was lucky to be able to choose, seems hard to declare invasions) for all of Rum.

Since I was such good friends with the Byzantine emperor, he and one other (don't remember the dutchy name)...joined the war for Rum. With Byzantines doing most of the work (76% to my 23% and the other guy 1%)...it was actually pretty easy to swoop in. Byzantines get HUGE armies, seem bigger than vanilla to me (or is that just me)...they conquered a lot better than they did before anyway. Maybe it was luck, or maybe AI is better in HIP? Or they just have bigger armies. In any case...

As Kingdom of Jerusalem, I now controlled all of Rum. And...a second later...I swore fealty to the Byzantines (as I'd do as anyone :P). Which turned all my lands to a nice purplish color.

Hopefully the Byzantine empire holds up and doesn't completely break apart. I'd stick with them in any case to the very end.

Also, the war lasted...I think it came up on the 7 year mark. So not that long actually, but the Byzantines kicked ass on Rum...so that was fun.

Now to slow down on war, give time of peace. Focus more on the diplomacy and character stuff (my personal favorite part)...and...quell any rebellions that pop up. Though, if Byzantines go to war...I'd probably join and help out.

I also decided to stick as Catholic instead of changing to Greek+orthodox. I'd lose my holy orders, which I like a lot and my troops are pretty good to begin with. Cataphracts are cool of course, but I think I'll probably stick as a holy crusader Byzantine. :P
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 01:49:24 am by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6379 on: November 28, 2014, 01:49:08 am »

You could go Greek catholic and get cataphracts AND holy orders.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6380 on: November 28, 2014, 01:50:51 am »

You could go Greek catholic and get cataphracts AND holy orders.

Oh. Now that sounds like the best of both worlds. Actually, I thought if I chose greek I'd lose my holy orders...to be honest...dunno why I thought that. In any case...next time I play, totally gonna do that.

(edit: Played an half hour game. Now I have cataphracts...and holy orders! Epic.)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 03:14:38 am by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6381 on: November 28, 2014, 07:28:54 pm »

There's a new beta patch out. It contains some UI changes that apparently needs a bit more work (at least the new diplomacy screen), from what I can gather off the forums.
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6382 on: November 29, 2014, 02:18:23 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
What a family!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6383 on: November 29, 2014, 02:26:09 pm »

I wonder if he's secretly a bastard or not. :P
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6384 on: November 29, 2014, 05:00:50 pm »

Hey now, vitiligo is a serious condition...

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #6385 on: November 29, 2014, 05:35:51 pm »

Yaaay! Getting the 8000 prestige was hard, but I got there. Problem: I can't really distribute kingdoms. I only have two, and I have desmesne in both. It'll help when I get to syria and stuff but in the meantime, nope.

This beta patch is quite buggy though. I had the event to end an "adultery" relationship twice. Each time, my lover was my wife.
And the ever-present CTD after declaring war with the newly independent Genoa. Welp.

Anyway. I have like nine sons, and they're all shit. And they all want to join the templars. Damnit.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6386 on: November 29, 2014, 10:24:12 pm »

Queen Megga Baratheon the Great just died of illness after a particularly deadly outbreak of bloody flux swept across the Seven Kingdoms. She extended the Empire's imperial boundaries into Essos, fought off the Aztec invasion and initiated the economic development of Westeros and the Summer Seas on a scale that puts the Free Cities to shame. In her passing on to the Seven Heavens she is leaving the Seven Kingdoms, the Summer Sea, Ibben and all of the Magisters and the over 400 vassals that swore fealty to Megga to her son, King Benjicot of the Iron Throne, formerly King Benjicot of Beyond the Wall.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6387 on: November 29, 2014, 10:39:49 pm »

Now I want to play as a trading republic (Iron Islands maybe?) and get on the Iron Throne as a merchant-emperor... Would that be even possible?
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6388 on: November 29, 2014, 10:57:13 pm »

Now I want to play as a trading republic (Iron Islands maybe?) and get on the Iron Throne as a merchant-emperor... Would that be even possible?
Don't see why not. If you personally are the only merchant republic in Westeros to boot, you essentially have a massive continent as your sole playground! You could take over the entire West-coast competition-free from the Iron Islands, and the Iron Islands themselves offer plenty of highly-interconnected islands. With some marriage alliances, mercenary armies thrown around with your large navy (boosted by city levies) you'd not have a hard time challenging the iron throne itself! I'm interested myself in trying to start a London-based merchant republic in regular CKII amidst viking invasions and catholic crusades; though a merchant empire spanning out from King's Landing offers a similar fluffy feel.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6389 on: November 29, 2014, 11:03:55 pm »

The only things I'd be worried about would be A) would switching to the Iron Throne crash/end the game due to shenanigans about the capital and/or turning into that specific Empire, there might be weird shit there, and B) If it would even be possible to take the throne, or if there's some mechanic stopping that from happening.
Pages: 1 ... 424 425 [426] 427 428 ... 1002