Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 409 410 [411] 412 413 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092033 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #6150 on: October 05, 2014, 12:53:43 pm »

I would still prefer is the traits system was split up into "Actual" and "Perceived"

Like you could be *actually* craven and take a malus to martial as well as opinion and diplomacy, or only "perceived to be" craven and only take the diplomacy and opinion malus. As well as not having the events that come with being craven, except where those events are about how people think you are craven. Plus you could get events where your perceived-craven character tries to act extra-brave in order to dispel the rumours surrounding him.

A third tier would be "hidden traits" like if you're secretly craven but are perceived to be brave, you'd get the malus to your martial but the bonus to your opinion and diplomacy, plus some events where the perception could crumble if your actual cowardness peeks out during battle.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6151 on: October 05, 2014, 02:54:24 pm »

Yeah that's why I'm pretty annoyed at the direction dlc is taking right now. The next logical step was either more playability (ie: theocracies) or naval combat. Instead they pushed the start date back.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #6152 on: October 05, 2014, 02:57:22 pm »

Generally a 8 martial Patient (+20% defence), Brave (+20% moral defence), Cruel (+10% moral damage) man  can wipe the floor with a 25 martial Craven (-20% moral defence at 8 martial).
That's what I look for in generals first: Patient. And Brave. Craven is a deal breaker.
Then they get traits on the battlefield and get better.
A high martial score increase the value of beneficial traits and mitigate the negative. 8 martial is the baseline.

In other news, the umayyad sultan is shia. And launched a holy war for Oman...
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6153 on: October 09, 2014, 06:40:15 pm »

Huh.  Okay.  I appear not to understand how heirship works for republics.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now, my brother (leftmost portrait) is due to inherit all my non-republic titles - the cities that I've taken and held, and my family home.

My cousin, Kyros, is patrician of one of my rival families - and appears to be my 'heir' for all the republic titles with no regard to the level of respect my brother has.  Seriously - I've pumped his respect level up to nearly 4000 (versus 1840 for the nearest rival), and he still doesn't show up as my expected successor.  What gives?

You can't see in that image, but my brother (Polkarios family) is my designated heir, my closest living male relative, is mayor of a grand city and loves me to bits.  Kyros Konstantios, my cousin, hates my guts and is apparently just there to spite me.   :P
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6154 on: October 09, 2014, 06:58:53 pm »

That looks to be like some kind of bug. Someone outside your family shouldn't be your heir.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6155 on: October 10, 2014, 08:52:33 am »

So should we start a succession game?  If so what DLC should we have enabled and who should we play as?  I'd say for DLC, just Legacy of Rome and Sons of Abraham.  Maybe start as a duke in the ERE.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6156 on: October 10, 2014, 09:04:50 am »

We had that ERE succession game that kinda died. Maybe you could grab the save and revive it?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #6157 on: October 11, 2014, 03:59:51 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Asturias is attacking Barcelona in a holy war (that they win shortly after), and Skotland is pressing a claim on Frisia (the whole thing). Issue indecisive but Skotland has the advantage somewhat. The ERE suffers two simultaneous civil wars in the following years but survives both of them. The Saffarids attempt an invasion of Armenia. Nothing came out of it yet.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6158 on: October 11, 2014, 07:15:22 pm »

That's just reminded me. In my game when I died (king of nearly all of Ireland) I just inherited a Frisian province. No clue WHY, I just did.

The guy running the place wasn't even a family member.

Today I was playing as the emperor of Byzantium and somehow inherited most of the Seljuk empire.  Have no idea how it happened.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6159 on: October 11, 2014, 07:17:28 pm »

So do you guys ever get the point where an AI who has no right to succeed does so, (like mega-Georgia) and you're rooting for them at least as much as you are yourself?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6160 on: October 11, 2014, 09:45:27 pm »

That's just reminded me. In my game when I died (king of nearly all of Ireland) I just inherited a Frisian province. No clue WHY, I just did.

The guy running the place wasn't even a family member.

Today I was playing as the emperor of Byzantium and somehow inherited most of the Seljuk empire.  Have no idea how it happened.

Yeah a similar thing happened to me too. I suddenly died with no heir, and the game switched to a female member of my dynasty who got herself an independent county in the Baltics. She was probably a very distant relative, I didn't even know she existed.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6161 on: October 11, 2014, 09:47:47 pm »

So do you guys ever get the point where an AI who has no right to succeed does so, (like mega-Georgia) and you're rooting for them at least as much as you are yourself?

I will absolutely go out of my way to prop up silly states with tons of cash and being a war ally if possible.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6162 on: October 11, 2014, 10:02:56 pm »

I've had things like that happen before.  I think as the game goes on the lines of succession become so complex it's impossible to follow them logically.  When Kettilmund the fucking beast died I inherited individual provinces all over the world.  I captured and executed a petty king and the Frankish king inherited almost all of Europe out of nowhere. 
Shoes...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6163 on: October 11, 2014, 10:06:22 pm »

I've had things like that happen before.  I think as the game goes on the lines of succession become so complex it's impossible to follow them logically.  When Kettilmund the fucking beast died I inherited individual provinces all over the world.  I captured and executed a petty king and the Frankish king inherited almost all of Europe out of nowhere.
The funny part? That has a decent level of historical accuracy. There's a whole scene at the beginning of Henry V devoted to complex bullshit succession law spiraling out of all human reckoning where some of Henry's priests "demonstrate" how he has the legal right and god-given obligation to take over half of France. Some versions of the scene have stage directions that the priests become increasingly obtuse and indecipherable as the description of the line goes on, dropping parchment everywhere and running about trying to keep everything straight.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6164 on: October 11, 2014, 10:35:27 pm »

Except you'd actually have to have the paper and shit and there's travel time for things like this.

When I say he inherited almost all of Europe out of nowhere I mean one minute I was establishing a beachhead for my crusade to seize paderborn and reform the Norse faith before I died and my empire blew apart, the next turn everything was purple and the new Emperor was mobilizing a fucknormous army to push me out of the mainland.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 409 410 [411] 412 413 ... 1002