Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 407 408 [409] 410 411 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092101 times)

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #6120 on: October 02, 2014, 10:09:42 pm »

Every character in the world, from his wife to the Pope, has a +4 from "Filled Gates of Hell with Rocks". What in the fuck did he get up to?

There's an event chain involving this hole in the ground, and uh, it's pretty self-explanatory actually. Sort of odd to see it firing for Indian characters though.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6121 on: October 02, 2014, 10:11:17 pm »

Every character in the world, from his wife to the Pope, has a +4 from "Filled Gates of Hell with Rocks". What in the fuck did he get up to?

There's an event chain involving this hole in the ground, and uh, it's pretty self-explanatory actually. Sort of odd to see it firing for Indian characters though.
Unbelievable. Gates of Hell opening in my realm, in my only son's demesne no less, and does anybody think to tell me? After all, I'm only THE FUCKING KING. No wonder I went all catatonic and died.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 10:18:22 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6122 on: October 02, 2014, 10:56:48 pm »

OK, tried the game again, and I THINK I have a grasp of it. Except two parts which completely eludes me.

How is it nations half my size can pull up armies equal in size, if not larger, than mine?
And how the fuck do heretics raise an army thrice the size of mine TWICE? From ONE province, no less!

Rebellions are BS is how.  Generally speaking though the game mechanic with heretics is that you have to kill them immediately or more will come.  Also the bigger you are less threatening rebellions become.

There are a lot of ways nations can get bigger armies.  First of all the true "size" of a nation is how many holdings it has; Rome for example is equivalent to 6 of the crap pagan provinces, or 3 if the pagans fill the second holding slot.  Also holdings can vary a lot in value depending on how upgraded they are.  Secondly there's a mechanic for increasing army size that only applies to your capital (I think its a buff based on your martial stat) so a nation with a very powerful capital could beat a nation with more spread out holdings.  Thirdly the unity of your realm (how much your vassals like you, and how few mid-level vassals you have), affects what portion of your nation's forces you can actually use at a given time.  Finally they could have gotten a landless army to help them, like mercenaries, a holy order, some kind of event troops. or retinues although smaller nations should have less of those.

Don't forget that martial skill now greatly determines the size of your army.  So a leader with poor martial skill will be able to raise fewer troops.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #6123 on: October 03, 2014, 12:35:17 pm »

EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6124 on: October 03, 2014, 04:26:48 pm »

I imagine that's in place to (lightly) discourage save scumming.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6125 on: October 03, 2014, 05:20:54 pm »

I just finished my first full game, starting as Denmark in 1066.    By the end I was queen of Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Pomerania, Perm, Lithuania, Ireland and Aragon.  Never managed to become emperor of Scandinavia because Norway kept going in and out of the Holy Roman Empire.

There's a Steam achievement for having a score of 100,000.  My final score was 99,955.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6126 on: October 03, 2014, 05:22:43 pm »

Ok seriously Crusader Kings 2...

Start reducing your old expansion's price or do a much cheaper package deal.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6127 on: October 03, 2014, 08:23:05 pm »

They do...its usually just the previous 2 that are not discounted...so expect one new one to go down on the 14th or whenever the new expansion comes out

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #6128 on: October 04, 2014, 04:02:24 am »

hey guys, best mods for current patch? just wondering, as i've always liked the SWMH, but CK+ calls kinda..

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6129 on: October 04, 2014, 06:27:40 am »

Huh.  Playing as a Patrician Musco of the republic of Amalfi (not doge to start off with) in the Old Gods start.

Another patrician builds a trading post in Benevento, a neighbouring county.  The doge wars to take the relevant city for that patrician.  I then become doge.  I manage to fabricate a claim on Benevento, take it from its owner to give it to the other patrician (so he now owns the post, the city and the county), and then use my claim to revoke the county title from him (after a short war).

Except he now appears to own the barony in Benevento.  Himself.  Inheritably, as per his family title.  He doesn't own any cities - just his family title and the barony.

Is that normal?  I'd thought that patricians couldn't hold barony titles?  I'm not even sure how he got it in the first place, I think it was in the original doge's war, but no idea how.
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6130 on: October 04, 2014, 07:45:00 am »

hey guys, best mods for current patch? just wondering, as i've always liked the SWMH, but CK+ calls kinda..

Game of Thrones.

All the way.
Love, scriver~

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6131 on: October 04, 2014, 12:32:52 pm »

Is that normal?  I'd thought that patricians couldn't hold barony titles?  I'm not even sure how he got it in the first place, I think it was in the original doge's war, but no idea how.

Patricians can hold baronies. He would have gotten it in the first doge's war, since it was probably the capital of the county at that time.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6132 on: October 04, 2014, 01:01:09 pm »

Yeah, patricians can even become nobles (but nobles can't become patricians). They can hold baronies, and I'm not even sure they have the wrong type penalty for that (if it's their only barony and they are not doge).
Afaik, if they have a barony, they're considered baron, but they also are head of their family so they're kinda both noble and patrician. However, if you have a city (like if you're doge), I think you're considered primarily as patrician, so barony become wrong type.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #6133 on: October 04, 2014, 02:27:38 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That's what my game looks like at the moment. It's... Strange.
The Arpad, ex-kings of the Magyars, failed their invasion of Bulgaria, founded Ruthenia, got counter-invaded by Bulgaria, fled to Crimea, led a rebellion around 940 and now rule the duchy. And are orthodox.
Georgia ate through Khazaria, pure and simple.
The Karlings lost Lotharingia, and the Abassids lost the caliphate.
That's 6 separate rebellions in the iberian peninsula.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6134 on: October 04, 2014, 05:18:58 pm »

Huh.  Playing as a Patrician Musco of the republic of Amalfi (not doge to start off with) in the Old Gods start.

Another patrician builds a trading post in Benevento, a neighbouring county.  The doge wars to take the relevant city for that patrician.  I then become doge.  I manage to fabricate a claim on Benevento, take it from its owner to give it to the other patrician (so he now owns the post, the city and the county), and then use my claim to revoke the county title from him (after a short war).

Except he now appears to own the barony in Benevento.  Himself.  Inheritably, as per his family title.  He doesn't own any cities - just his family title and the barony.

It is actually quite normal, and most obvious with the 1066 start date as Pisa.  Playing as the Patriarch of the ruling dynasty is quite hard because several of the other patricians are Counts.
Pages: 1 ... 407 408 [409] 410 411 ... 1002