Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092245 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #6090 on: September 30, 2014, 09:58:35 pm »

But you're much better off with 7zip.  No nag screen, handles rar and 7zip files, cleaner interface imho.

Except it doesn't download everything, apparently.

GregHayes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.opengameforge.org
« Reply #6091 on: September 30, 2014, 10:04:52 pm »

I compressed it in .rar format with 7zip. This turned out to be a terrible mistake. There's a .zip currently awaiting authorization.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6092 on: September 30, 2014, 10:45:48 pm »

I was able to unpack it fine with 7zip. Didn't have too much time to mess around with it though.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6093 on: September 30, 2014, 11:12:22 pm »

I had no problems with installing it, 7zip. It's pretty fun, although I'm not really a fan of the "one big blob" mods.

The interactions between nebula, jump gates, gateless worlds, and pirates works really well -- I wouldn't mind seeing the map have more nebula and gateless worlds, although you run the risk of players not having any ships to move troops...

The random quality of the holdings is mildly frustrating at times, but it's nice to have a province's value be more than just how many holding slots it has.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6094 on: September 30, 2014, 11:19:09 pm »

I've tried being a smaller fish. Started as Iceland, then Munster, then Cyprus, then Munster again.

I just can't really get a grip of the game.

I've found that Denmark has a fairly easy start.  It's a small kingdom, it has some nearby pagan counties to invade that shouldn't be too much trouble, and you start with a lot of children to marry off.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6095 on: October 01, 2014, 03:38:38 am »

I compressed it in .rar format with 7zip. This turned out to be a terrible mistake. There's a .zip currently awaiting authorization.

Oh wow.  Problems with 7zip, I see.

On to the mod, I like how the game starts out!

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6096 on: October 01, 2014, 05:06:52 pm »

But you're much better off with 7zip.  No nag screen, handles rar and 7zip files, cleaner interface imho.

Unless you just take the key from a public computer. No more nag screen.
Yes, but why even steal it in the fist place? 7Zip is better, and free. Plus it's much more hip than winRar.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6097 on: October 01, 2014, 08:40:18 pm »

Unless you just take the key from a public computer. No more nag screen.
Yes, but why even steal it in the fist place? 7Zip is better, and free. Plus it's much more hip than winRar.

So you don't have the problem that the lucky poster who started this 7Zip versus winRar discussion has.
The problem could've been avoided in the first place it sounds like by not trying to make a rar in not-winrar. A .zip or a .7z is perfectly fine, and 7zip can unzip rars just fine in my experience.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6098 on: October 02, 2014, 01:19:38 am »

.zip is currently online.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #6099 on: October 02, 2014, 01:21:46 am »

EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6100 on: October 02, 2014, 09:31:54 am »

I wonder if they're trying to go back far enough to include EU:Rome in the mega-campaign?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6101 on: October 02, 2014, 10:04:58 am »

That would suck so much. They're already really, really stretching the functionality of their mechanics. I mean, I really, really liked EU:Rome (or rather, the promise that it held. The possibilities, man, the possibilities!), but the province mechanics of that game really weren't well suited to the era it was trying to portray.
Love, scriver~

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6102 on: October 02, 2014, 01:48:33 pm »

That would suck so much. They're already really, really stretching the functionality of their mechanics. I mean, I really, really liked EU:Rome (or rather, the promise that it held. The possibilities, man, the possibilities!), but the province mechanics of that game really weren't well suited to the era it was trying to portray.
I'm not really well versed in classic rome. What was wrong with it? (besides instant communication, which all games in the series (with the possible exception of HOI) sacrifice for the sake of gameplay)

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6103 on: October 02, 2014, 02:02:41 pm »

Good thing I waited with buying that extra dlc. :D They finally updated the dlc pack to actually include the new big dlc as well.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Urist McManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6104 on: October 02, 2014, 02:05:03 pm »

I'm not really well versed in classic rome. What was wrong with it? (besides instant communication, which all games in the series (with the possible exception of HOI) sacrifice for the sake of gameplay)

Well, basically the whole feudal system. It's already a really big stretch for Byzantium, but if you goe back to the times of Rome the feudal system was pretty much inexistant. You MAY use it to represent tribal societies like the Germanic peoples (as the system they used would eventually turn into feudalism) but even then it's innacurate. Not to mention the Great Migrations, which can't be modelled with CKII's de-jure system. The you'd have the question of how to represent the Rise of Islam, or rather, how you'd depict Mohammed in a game where you can blind and castrate characters, amongst other things. If they really decide to make a successor to EU:Rome, then I hope it will be it's own game. Rome was pretty solid, but compared to other Paradox games it's pretty lackluster, though promising.
Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409 ... 1002