Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092503 times)

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #6015 on: August 28, 2014, 05:18:26 pm »

Apparently they're planning on not integrating the schism because it will be 'too difficult'. Instead they'll have Orthodox and Catholicism separate from the start.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6016 on: August 28, 2014, 05:21:12 pm »

Apparently they're planning on not integrating the schism because it will be 'too difficult'. Instead they'll have Orthodox and Catholicism separate from the start.

I dont know, but do you have to have a heresy shoot off of a main religion (because afaik orthodox is its own separate religion).

I would love to see a random religious breakup.  Sometimes a county will stay Catholic or w.e.  Or the huge MA hit that will result from this, to both religions.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6017 on: August 28, 2014, 05:36:49 pm »

But personally owning baronies counts towards your demesne limit right?

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #6018 on: August 28, 2014, 05:43:43 pm »

Ah, that's good.

Edit: OH NO MAH RETINUES!!!! NOOOO!!!
If there isn't any other nerfs besides halving their size, retinues will go from "mandatory invincible deathstacks" to "cornerstone of a kingdom's defence that still requires you to raise your levies".

I'd like to see a way to sacrifice levies for retinue cap. Such a thing would need to be very end-game and make a transition between levy-based warfare to the standing armies of EU4. Centralization slider maybe?
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6019 on: August 28, 2014, 05:46:57 pm »

Damnit. I was hoping they would put in the schism mechanics, so that other heresies could also cause a schism. Like turning Britain Cathar and schisming off into a seperate realm. And other ways to manipulate the schism mechanics, depending on how it'd have been coded :V

As it is, you can only be considered a non-heresy (red icon and other heresy mechanisms) if that heresy controls more provinces than the parent. You can't have an split, just a take-over.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #6020 on: August 28, 2014, 10:40:27 pm »

I have a question for those experience with bleeding money out of their subjects. I have a courtier who is fantastically wealthy ( > 7000 gold) and I feel that he can't possibly use all that, given his position. I could. I know that I could just imprison and banish him, but my authority with my many vassals is shaky because of a few too many discovered assassination plots and I really can't take the tyranny hit involved in just taking it. So, my question is this: how do I get that money from him without imprison/banish?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6021 on: August 28, 2014, 11:02:17 pm »

You can't. It's the only way.

You could technically declare war on him, then siege his holdings personally as that gets you a small portion of his gold but you won't get the full amount. It also incurs tyranny as well.

7000g is a lot of gold though. You could build huge castles and fund massive armies for that price. It would sustain your family for generations. Is the life of one ruler not worth that risk?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6022 on: August 28, 2014, 11:03:43 pm »

There are mods that have "fabricate evidence of treason" plots against your vassals, but aside from that... :v
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6023 on: August 29, 2014, 03:27:20 am »

If a courtier doesn't have an heir, don't you inherit his gold upon his death?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6024 on: August 29, 2014, 04:48:40 am »

I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #6025 on: August 29, 2014, 07:50:13 am »

You can't. It's the only way.

You could technically declare war on him, then siege his holdings personally as that gets you a small portion of his gold but you won't get the full amount. It also incurs tyranny as well.

7000g is a lot of gold though. You could build huge castles and fund massive armies for that price. It would sustain your family for generations. Is the life of one ruler not worth that risk?

Unfortunately, no. I'm the resurgent Roman Empire, and I control everything but the southern portions of India at this point. If my current character is dethroned, then the resultant succession war will rip apart Europe, Asia, and northern Africa. For those who are curious, I use bribery, favors (getting them married when they want to be, etc.), and marriage ties to keep my kings in check. Well, that and I make for damn sure that my enemies never last long enough to ascend to any given throne.

But it just occurred to me. I can have him excommunicated and then there's no penalty for his imprisonment...

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #6026 on: August 29, 2014, 08:18:39 am »

Makes me wonder, where the hell do banished people go if you control the entirety of the known world?
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6027 on: August 29, 2014, 09:19:36 am »

Makes me wonder, where the hell do banished people go if you control the entirety of the known world?

across the atlantic

somebody had to tell the aztec where europe was

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6028 on: August 29, 2014, 09:29:38 am »

I'm the resurgent Roman Empire, and I control everything but the southern portions of India at this point. If my current character is dethroned, then the resultant succession war will rip apart Europe, Asia, and northern Africa.
Would that not be epic? :D
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6029 on: August 29, 2014, 09:38:44 am »

Sounds like it'd be everything amazing.  Break it apart and rebuild it. ^_^
Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 1002