Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092677 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #5955 on: August 18, 2014, 08:50:16 pm »

The solution to every problem in CK2 is to kill everyone.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5956 on: August 18, 2014, 09:07:41 pm »

Yeah, Ireland is small enough that it's worth it for you to banish all the counts/dukes there after you form it so that you can redistribute them all however you want afterwards.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5957 on: August 19, 2014, 10:55:10 am »

Been playing Elder Kings and creating e_tamriel is a bit counter intuitive.  You need 2 high kingdoms to create it, one of which must be k_cryodil.  However the option to create it appears when you (or vassal) have the Imperial Isle and personally hold 3 kingdom titles, one of which is a high kingdom. So as the Nordic Emperor, and holding k_skyrim, k_cheydinhal, and k_colovia I could see the decision.  However, as soon as I made k_heartlands and used the decision to form k_cyrodil, the option to create e_tamriel goes away.  Now I can't see the requirements for the Create Tamriel decision and had to look it up in the mod files.  >:(
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #5958 on: August 19, 2014, 06:52:16 pm »

Lets be honest Satarus, Elder Kings is still very rough around the edges. I mean you can basically summon infinite armies of daedra just by being semi-good at mage-ing so I think the title formation being wonky is the least of their worries ATM.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5959 on: August 19, 2014, 06:59:43 pm »

I have some amusing memories of the Elder Kings mod.

It was MP games with various B12 people. Quite a large group too.

I remember one where I started as the Emperor of Morrowind and one of the guys playing started as a character under me. Even before we started the game I imprisoned him and had him executed.

Then there was another time where we turned on the ruler designer DLC. Everyone made relatively normal characters, but I chose a teeny tiny island nation far to the north. I then created an undead lich vampire with 9999 in every stat. It took about an hour before people realized what I did (because I was so far from everyone else) but when they realized they all banded together to try to have me assassinated. Which was impossible because even their own vassals liked me better than them with my 9999 diplomacy.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5960 on: August 19, 2014, 07:18:07 pm »

Remind me never to play a game with you.

Ever.

Dick.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5961 on: August 19, 2014, 07:23:51 pm »

I remember one where I started as the Emperor of Morrowind and one of the guys playing started as a character under me. Even before we started the game I imprisoned him and had him executed.

Then there was another time where we turned on the ruler designer DLC. Everyone made relatively normal characters, but I chose a teeny tiny island nation far to the north. I then created an undead lich vampire with 9999 in every stat. It took about an hour before people realized what I did (because I was so far from everyone else) but when they realized they all banded together to try to have me assassinated. Which was impossible because even their own vassals liked me better than them with my 9999 diplomacy.
The guy you imprisoned was Scriptwolf. Also the immortal dragur with insane intrigue was indeed funny.

Been playing Elder Kings and creating e_tamriel is a bit counter intuitive.  You need 2 high kingdoms to create it, one of which must be k_cryodil.  However the option to create it appears when you (or vassal) have the Imperial Isle and personally hold 3 kingdom titles, one of which is a high kingdom. So as the Nordic Emperor, and holding k_skyrim, k_cheydinhal, and k_colovia I could see the decision.  However, as soon as I made k_heartlands and used the decision to form k_cyrodil, the option to create e_tamriel goes away.  Now I can't see the requirements for the Create Tamriel decision and had to look it up in the mod files.  >:(
I think the modders mentioned they are scrapping high kingdoms, so it's likely not going to be an issue soon enough.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5962 on: August 19, 2014, 08:23:20 pm »

Good times man. Good times. And yeah, it was Scriptwolf hehehe.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5963 on: August 19, 2014, 08:36:40 pm »

Stories like that make me want to play a multi game with you folks :)

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #5964 on: August 20, 2014, 03:19:07 am »

Stories like that make me want to play a multi game with you folks :)
Me, not really. The day 0 assassination was a dick move, and the immortal lvl9999 lich sounds like one as well.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5965 on: August 20, 2014, 05:24:46 am »

I think the modders mentioned they are scrapping high kingdoms, so it's likely not going to be an issue soon enough.
Wait what? How would things work otherwise? The system seems good to me.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5966 on: August 20, 2014, 08:56:31 am »

They are a bit buggy at the moment.  Parts of Colovian Estates didn't become de jure Cyrodil, I don't think they became de jure part of my empire either. Doing the imperial conquest of Skingrad made the king of Skingrad my vassal.  Shortly afterwards, the title was destroyed and he and all his vassal became independent dukes and an independent count. Thankfully I could just offer vassalization after some bribes. Then a duke inherits Nibenay and it won't become part of Cyrodil.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5967 on: August 20, 2014, 10:05:57 am »

They are a bit buggy at the moment.  Parts of Colovian Estates didn't become de jure Cyrodil, I don't think they became de jure part of my empire either. Doing the imperial conquest of Skingrad made the king of Skingrad my vassal.  Shortly afterwards, the title was destroyed and he and all his vassal became independent dukes and an independent count. Thankfully I could just offer vassalization after some bribes. Then a duke inherits Nibenay and it won't become part of Cyrodil.
They are scrapping it because the AI cannot handle High Kingdoms properly, I believe.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5968 on: August 20, 2014, 10:14:03 am »

What heresy is this? Things not being balanced for multiplayer? :P
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5969 on: August 20, 2014, 10:47:30 am »

Did they put in the buildings into the provinces? I remember when we played there weren't any so nobody could do anything due to no money / armies.

Except the guy who plays as a merchant republic.
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 1002