Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 395 396 [397] 398 399 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092818 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #5940 on: August 18, 2014, 11:47:45 am »

IIRC if you have some landed (county or higher mind you) dynasty members you will switch to playing one of them if your queen dies in this situation

then take back what is yours :D

Got a ton of those, but the game is warning me that my successor is not of my dynasty so it'd be game over. Not sure if that is accurate or not.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5941 on: August 18, 2014, 11:48:44 am »

So I learned that a moron child with the wrong reagent can get his crown authority raped away from high to none in 4 years.

So I replace the reagent with some creative appointment to spymaster + getting arrested.  Now a lowborn female with zero influence is reagent.  Good.  Except bad, because I got the same exact message say 'my reagent is among our faction's supporters, so lololol you cant stop us!'  The guy grew up, to his credit, with 18 martial.  And 2 stewardship and diplomacy.  And 0 intrigue and 1 learning.

WTF.

Regent not reagent. This is rulership, not chemistry.

Had a similar thing happen to me once. The funny thing was (if I remember correctly), I afterwards created an empire title, which started off with higher crown authority than the kingdom, which meant that I had less control over my core territories than my newly conquered stuff.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5942 on: August 18, 2014, 11:52:01 am »

So I learned that a moron child with the wrong reagent can get his crown authority raped away from high to none in 4 years.

So I replace the reagent with some creative appointment to spymaster + getting arrested.  Now a lowborn female with zero influence is reagent.  Good.  Except bad, because I got the same exact message say 'my reagent is among our faction's supporters, so lololol you cant stop us!'  The guy grew up, to his credit, with 18 martial.  And 2 stewardship and diplomacy.  And 0 intrigue and 1 learning.

WTF.

Regent not reagent. This is rulership, not chemistry.

Had a similar thing happen to me once. The funny thing was (if I remember correctly), I afterwards created an empire title, which started off with higher crown authority than the kingdom, which meant that I had less control over my core territories than my newly conquered stuff.
I blame chrome?  :-\  It would never be my own fault [/lies]

I think it is clearly responsible for my errors in this thread; like gravelkind.  It all falls away from you, like gravel.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5943 on: August 18, 2014, 12:11:10 pm »

Hmm. Does anyone know how to mod a culture's visual appearance, as in on characters?

Just for kicks, I want to start a Muslim game playing as a Fremen dynasty, and while I know how to insert an Arrakeen culture, I don't know how to make blue eyes the only genetic option!

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5944 on: August 18, 2014, 12:35:52 pm »

Culture and genetics are two different values, so to do that you would have to make blue eyes the only option for everyone.

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5945 on: August 18, 2014, 12:43:02 pm »

Culture and genetics are two different values, so to do that you would have to make blue eyes the only option for everyone.

I remember that when I tried to make a Berber character on the Ruler Designer, the only eye colour option was brown. Such details change between ethnic groups in CK2, so I'm guessing there must be a way for a specific ethnicity to only allow for blue eyes.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5946 on: August 18, 2014, 12:58:43 pm »

You set up the portraits in portraits.gfx and set the graphics in the place where cultures are declared.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5947 on: August 18, 2014, 04:59:22 pm »

Playing as the Kingdom of Munster, and have control over roughly half of Ireland. But I goofed, and now the County of Ossory and the City of Limerick are ruled by a "Lord Mayor" and the office is elective. I want to give it to the Earl of Leinster, disentangle the office from the Mayor of Limerick, and make it a regular feudal holding again. Is this possible, or have I broken the regional government irreparably?
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5948 on: August 18, 2014, 05:05:10 pm »

Playing as the Kingdom of Munster, and have control over roughly half of Ireland. But I goofed, and now the County of Ossory and the City of Limerick are ruled by a "Lord Mayor" and the office is elective. I want to give it to the Earl of Leinster, disentangle the office from the Mayor of Limerick, and make it a regular feudal holding again. Is this possible, or have I broken the regional government irreparably?
I figured out that if you personally hold the county capital (in this case a city) and give it to the person who owns the tittle you want to be the capital of the county (in this case the barony) they will by default keep their primary holding and make it the capital.  So the baron you gave the city to will make his castle the county capital to reflect his new county-tier status.

alternatively you could revoke both the county capital and the barony you want to be the capital and give it to whomever you want.  As long as you hold the capital when you give it to a person who already owns a barony in that county, then you an give the whole county to them and they will change the capital.

----

On that note, Ive figured out how to make lord mayors and republics, but I have never been able to make them start building trade posts.  o they do that, or is the increased taxes all I can expect to get?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 05:06:44 pm by pisskop »
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5949 on: August 18, 2014, 05:09:04 pm »

Lord mayors can't make trade posts, only merchant (as in coastal, duke or above level) republics can make trading posts. If you've got that they should just start making trading posts with time. Though note that since trade post limit is based on tech and number of males in a house's dynasty it usually takes them a bit before they can make any. Particularly if your playing ToG and start out of Italy, since trade practices tech will probably be at 0.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5950 on: August 18, 2014, 05:11:56 pm »

That raises another question, how do I give up a ducal title? I am Duke of Leinster and Petty King of Munster, but don't have any lower holdings within the Duchy of Leinster and I'm getting big relation hits for it. Both county capitals are held by the right man, and the cities and bishoprics are his vassals. He is currently fabricating a claim on the Duchy, and I want to let him have it, but I feel like he'll war me for it if he succeeds, requiring my surrender and massive loss of prestige to give it up.
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5951 on: August 18, 2014, 05:16:31 pm »

*Snip*

You can grant it to him like any other title. Though if you're still a duke level it will make him independent. Otherwise you either have to bear with it or get a kingdom title.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5952 on: August 18, 2014, 05:26:54 pm »

Okay, I'll probably have to wait for a united Ireland to enact my title reforms. I can probably keep him happy until then.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5953 on: August 18, 2014, 08:41:44 pm »

I personally wouldn't be so content to have a powerful vassal form.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5954 on: August 18, 2014, 08:45:02 pm »

You an destroy the title, or encourage his rebellion.  Nothing like a good old rebellion to raise realm opinion of you, and weighten your pockets.  One of the sweetest things in the game is winning a serious major rebellion at a ripe old age.  Since you wont live much longer, and probably have a nice 'long reign' bonus, you an live with the massive tyranny penalty for whatever you do (banishment all around, with maybe one 'mercy' release)  It helps install fresh, content vassals, too, for the next ruler.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 395 396 [397] 398 399 ... 1002