Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092804 times)

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #5925 on: August 16, 2014, 07:50:49 pm »

Hopefully there's a way to mod out that vassal limit, that seems like it would take out a lot of the fun.

Sounded quite interesting and reasonable to me. A major complaint about the game is that huge realms tend to be too stable.

But anyway, I get the feeling it'll be a tweakable value in defines.lua if implemented.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5926 on: August 16, 2014, 07:52:24 pm »

the vassal limit sound pretty good to me, but I hope it can be modded out just 'cause greater moddibility makes everyone happy.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5927 on: August 16, 2014, 08:02:04 pm »

I'm fine with the vassal limit. Simply because I already got all the achievements that need large empires.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5928 on: August 16, 2014, 09:12:12 pm »

the vassal limit sound pretty good to me, but I hope it can be modded out just 'cause greater moddibility makes everyone happy.
If traits affect the vassal limit, it's a simple matter of giving an invisible trait to make vassal limits so high as to be non-existent.

That's at least one way :v I'm sure there'll be others. If there's one thing Paradox does, it's modability.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Frank2368

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5929 on: August 16, 2014, 10:18:29 pm »

Doesn't seem like something that would be difficult to implement modding support for. I wouldn't worry about it.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5930 on: August 17, 2014, 06:08:02 am »

Seems like Arumba started a tutorial for the game. Really late but maybe it will get more people interested.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5931 on: August 18, 2014, 10:14:30 am »

So I learned that a moron child with the wrong reagent can get his crown authority raped away from high to none in 4 years.

So I replace the reagent with some creative appointment to spymaster + getting arrested.  Now a lowborn female with zero influence is reagent.  Good.  Except bad, because I got the same exact message say 'my reagent is among our faction's supporters, so lololol you cant stop us!'  The guy grew up, to his credit, with 18 martial.  And 2 stewardship and diplomacy.  And 0 intrigue and 1 learning.

WTF.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5932 on: August 18, 2014, 10:51:02 am »

So I learned that a moron child with the wrong reagent can get his crown authority raped away from high to none in 4 years.

So I replace the reagent with some creative appointment to spymaster + getting arrested.  Now a lowborn female with zero influence is reagent.  Good.  Except bad, because I got the same exact message say 'my reagent is among our faction's supporters, so lololol you cant stop us!'  The guy grew up, to his credit, with 18 martial.  And 2 stewardship and diplomacy.  And 0 intrigue and 1 learning.

WTF.
Time to go Genghis Khan on your vassals.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #5934 on: August 18, 2014, 11:21:43 am »

*sigh* Looks like my current game is about to come to an end. After many generations creating a large kingdom out of NW Russia, Finland, and down into Prussia and Poland, my family decided to screw things up for me.

Awesome current ruler dies at 60-something after conquering all of Finland from Sweden. No big deal, I've got his heir all set up and ready to go. Switch over to him, only to find that somewhere in the last few years he got the possessed trait. Annoying, but not that big a deal. Except that he only has two daughters and the eldest apparently decided that she should be on the throne since she had him assassinated shortly after I took over.

So now I have a Queen in charge who has many children, none of whom are part of my Dynasty.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5935 on: August 18, 2014, 11:32:22 am »

Get a matrilineal marriage and imprison/assassinate/kill all your children.

You'll be a tyrant and a kinslayer, of course. But your family will survive.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5936 on: August 18, 2014, 11:34:12 am »

^^^ And/or get yourself some elective succession.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5937 on: August 18, 2014, 11:36:29 am »

Or tanistry or even seniority would screw over those non dynasty children.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #5938 on: August 18, 2014, 11:38:49 am »

Problem is, I'm still Norse religion and haven't been able to get far enough over yet to grab the last few sites to reform the religion. I don't have any options to change succession any.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5939 on: August 18, 2014, 11:44:45 am »

IIRC if you have some landed (county or higher mind you) dynasty members you will switch to playing one of them if your queen dies in this situation, then take back what is yours :D

in the mean time murderize your current husband and kids and try to make some dynasty babies with a new husband, assuming your queen isn't already too old
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 11:48:28 am by TripJack »
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 1002