Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092900 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #5880 on: August 13, 2014, 03:42:26 pm »

Brace yourselves, hype incoming! (New expansion teased)
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5881 on: August 13, 2014, 03:48:23 pm »

They are the worst at announcing an upcoming announcement.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5882 on: August 13, 2014, 04:58:16 pm »

To quote the thread:  Start the rampant speculation :D

Actually I don't know where they'd really go at this point, beyond more Orthodox mechanics.  Though the thread said rampant speculation, so..... Somehow mechanics for adventurers, including making them playable!  Or maybe more depth to intrigue beyond nearly random plots and "pay someone a fortune to wear your colors and loudly proclaim your murderous intent".
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5883 on: August 13, 2014, 05:04:34 pm »

I doubt that they'll make playable adventurers. Maybe playable theocracies? Whatever it is, it should be something meaty, the last DLC was in March, was it not?

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5884 on: August 13, 2014, 05:32:59 pm »

I doubt that they'll make playable adventurers. Maybe playable theocracies? Whatever it is, it should be something meaty, the last DLC was in March, was it not?

I've heard that this DLC will be fairly expensive as well so expect something meaty indeed.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5885 on: August 13, 2014, 05:49:20 pm »

I've heard that this DLC will be fairly expensive as well so expect something meaty indeed.
If it is playable Theocracies, the Pope will still be unplayable, as Paradox claimed he would never ever be playable.

I'm hoping for Africa.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5886 on: August 13, 2014, 05:53:20 pm »

I doubt it. Maybe China, that's the only other place they could simulate with their feudal system.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5887 on: August 13, 2014, 06:11:00 pm »

I doubt it. Maybe China, that's the only other place they could simulate with their feudal system.
I think you mean Japan. China wasn't feudal, it looked more like a giant bureaucracy.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5888 on: August 13, 2014, 06:15:19 pm »

I think you mean Japan. China wasn't feudal, it looked more like a giant bureaucracy.

That statement came out wrong, but yes you are correct. I wouldn't be too surprised if it was both China and Japan.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5889 on: August 13, 2014, 06:57:06 pm »

They've previously stated that they wouldn't be adding any further map expansions. I'd rather have deeper mechanics than more width anyway.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5890 on: August 14, 2014, 05:24:02 am »

It would be big if they added playable adventurers, that would require landless characters be made playable.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #5891 on: August 14, 2014, 05:42:15 am »

Playable landless characters would basically eliminate any risk of game over, unless your entire dinasty is eradicated.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

mikefictiti0us

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Radio Rivendell
« Reply #5892 on: August 14, 2014, 06:27:20 am »

A french website apparently dropped the ball with an early trailer.

Legitimacy is unknown. If this is the actual DLC, I'd expect to see some fairly substantial mechanics changes/additions in order to justify the price.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 06:50:57 am by mikefictiti0us »

Chosrau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5893 on: August 14, 2014, 07:48:53 am »

An even earlier starting date? Sounds good to me. I always hated how the Karlings almost always managed to maintain their iron grip on central europe unless the player decided to change that.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5894 on: August 14, 2014, 09:15:58 am »

Playable landless characters would basically eliminate any risk of game over, unless your entire dinasty is eradicated.
You say this like this is a bad thing. How many times does the average player even keep playing until game over instead of restarting? It would actually be awesome to be a landless claimant.
Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 1002