Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 390 391 [392] 393 394 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2093119 times)

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #5865 on: August 12, 2014, 03:09:07 pm »

EVERYONE can use boats for looting. I have no idea why people spread the particular piece of misinformation that only norse can do that, but it is false.

AFAIK you can't loot friendly territory.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5866 on: August 12, 2014, 03:47:29 pm »

Probably because only the Norse can sail the boats upriver, and they start with a lot more boat tech than anyone else in the Old Gods start.

I wonder if the "dragon longships" message is only for Norse sea raiders, or whether it applies to any pagans raiding by water.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #5867 on: August 12, 2014, 04:27:10 pm »

Crusades are nice when you want the free gold from Rome and to capture the pope for more free gold.
Just play Norse and you can do that every time the looted tag comes off the holdings  ;D
afaik you can't capture a landed character by sieging his/her holdings.
I looted rome once, in a year-long campaign of raiding that went from normandy to, well, rome. It was a massive campaign, thousands of vikings assaulting castles and city to pillage counties to the last coin in all impunity.
So I sieged rome.
Then I abused the game mechanics by retreating my guys in the boats, declare war on the pope because LOLNORSE, land again, assault back, and insta-win.
Then the "crusades begin" event trigerred. Oops.
So I gave rome to a random courtier and gave him independence.
He didn't last long.
And then the muslims woke up on the receiving end of the first crusade.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5868 on: August 12, 2014, 06:39:17 pm »

If the landed character is the 'defender' in a siege/loot, then yes, you very easily can.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #5869 on: August 13, 2014, 06:25:15 am »

If the landed character is the 'defender' in a siege/loot, then yes, you very easily can.
I never seen it happen, neither in my games or in games I watched on youtube.
You can capture courtiers and family members, but not the guy himself.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5870 on: August 13, 2014, 06:49:36 am »

I never seen it happen, neither in my games or in games I watched on youtube.
You can capture courtiers and family members, but not the guy himself.

I've had the same experiences.  Landed characters can only be captured via event, battle, or peace deal.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5871 on: August 13, 2014, 08:08:49 am »

I believe there are mods that add an event that may allow you to capture the defender in a siege, but yeah, it won't happen in vanilla.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5872 on: August 13, 2014, 09:58:16 am »

If you're still playing vanilla CK2 then god help you.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5873 on: August 13, 2014, 11:04:57 am »

If you're still playing vanilla CK2 then god help you.

I wouldn't disparage the game with the big DLC.  They add a lot of fun to the game. I have, however, started Elder Kings mod.  It's a bit unfinished, but overall I like the immersion of it.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #5874 on: August 13, 2014, 11:06:46 am »

I play mostly vanilla. I want to like the GOT mod but it's just too unpolished for me.

Other major mods can be fun. but I haven't played vanilla enough since India to really care.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5875 on: August 13, 2014, 11:10:10 am »

I don't really like the CK2 mods. They're not modular enough, so unlike the Radious mods from Total War or many of the Skyrim mods, you can't really pick and choose what you want.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5876 on: August 13, 2014, 12:21:52 pm »

I really like Lux Invicta, both for the alt-history as well as most of Africa being included in the map (and playable).
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5877 on: August 13, 2014, 01:15:15 pm »

I really like Lux Invicta, both for the alt-history as well as most of Africa being included in the map (and playable).
DO you have a non paradox forum download for that? Because it doesn't work for me.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5878 on: August 13, 2014, 01:30:36 pm »

DO you have a non paradox forum download for that? Because it doesn't work for me.
The version with the expanded map is still in "beta", I think, meaning it has to be downloaded via Turtle SVN with a specific link. I'm at work right now, but I can send you the "how to download" stuff via PM later if you want.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5879 on: August 13, 2014, 02:09:20 pm »

The version with the expanded map is still in "beta", I think, meaning it has to be downloaded via Turtle SVN with a specific link. I'm at work right now, but I can send you the "how to download" stuff via PM later if you want.
You can send it here too? nvm.

I picked up ck2plus but I really want is a harder experience.  I am playing on hard, and although shattered world arguably makes it easier in the beginning (indeed pagans dont seem to DoW until after they have alliances, but their alliances with other single county tribes can make them a force to be wary of) I want some intelligent decisions made by the ai.  I sat and watched Constantinople continuously DoW the Eucumenical Patriarch for his temple, and then give it to another one (who became independent).  It was terrible to see (Duox Blahbleh has declared 9th war for the county claim of Constantinople)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 02:13:27 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 390 391 [392] 393 394 ... 1002