Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 389 390 [391] 392 393 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2093002 times)

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #5850 on: August 10, 2014, 03:19:31 pm »

Have you ever come to the awful realization that you are probably sleeping with your daughter?  Man this game is messed up sometimes.  :D

She's betrothed to your son too?
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5851 on: August 10, 2014, 07:46:31 pm »

Yeah, I've had my characters do that a lot. However, the only time I got the incest trait was when one of my normal daughters had an affair with someone and got a bastard kid. I was given the choice of naming the kid as mine and not my daughter's which is what I did.

When I did that, the kid got the incest trait.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5852 on: August 10, 2014, 08:54:17 pm »

Have you ever come to the awful realization that you are probably sleeping with your daughter?  Man this game is messed up sometimes.  :D

She's betrothed to your son too?
It just keeps getting worse.  So much winsest!  :o
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5853 on: August 11, 2014, 09:24:21 am »

I decided to try a mod . . . !

And then decided to try to mod the mod.  That was fun.  I think I have the basics of modding down.

Is there a way to make an entire culture-group hate you more for DoWing with Shattered World's cultural suppression war?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5854 on: August 11, 2014, 04:38:39 pm »

I keep having troubles with downloading mods on Steam, stupid thing will occasionally download them but it downloads a corrupted WinRAR file instead of the mod itself.  Also, recently, mods that were working fine have been crashing my game.  Might just be a thing because of the new update, but I dunno what's going on.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5855 on: August 11, 2014, 07:59:30 pm »

I would like to lodge a complaint:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

goddamnit.  This is directly after a war for the county of Opole with encompassed 2 civil wars (1 which was successful and fragmented 5 counties), a war for Zemale, a war for Gniezo, a war for Krakow, and a war for memel.  My father died of stress at the age of 72!  He got stressed halfway through the wars and now this?  Because some stupid Lollard said 'lolol Ima take Rome by force!'  How did they decide Poland was the best place to crusade?!!  Its not Christian, not one dang county!

Anywho surprisingly enough I am winning.  The holy orders havent formed yet, and there is only one or two actual kings on the map.

---

Its a full century before the crusades are supposed to happen!  [sigh]
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 08:02:44 pm by pisskop »
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5856 on: August 11, 2014, 09:01:26 pm »

I assume you're using a shattered world mod?

Well anyway, the game has pre-set weights for the Pope calling Crusades.  I believe the general priorities are: land held by Christians in the default start date, then land that was Crusaded for in RL (AKA the holy land), then any other place held by non-Christians.

It doesn't have anything to do with the religious leanings of the population, which makes sense because the historical crusades were started to protect pilgrims, not locals IRRC.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5857 on: August 11, 2014, 09:12:35 pm »

Does anyone as bad as me want to play multiplayer?

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5858 on: August 12, 2014, 06:44:42 am »

Crusades aren't bad.  Just go siege down Rome.  As soon as the county is completely occupied, you should have enough war score.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5859 on: August 12, 2014, 07:25:00 am »

Crusades aren't bad.  Just go siege down Rome.  As soon as the county is completely occupied, you should have enough war score.
That is just crazy enough to work.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5860 on: August 12, 2014, 07:43:32 am »

That is just crazy enough to work.
Now if you're up against a large and powerful Papal States, that is less effective. Still, since the Pope is the war leader, occupying his holdings is worth a lot of war score. Even if it isn't feasible to completely occupy the Papal States, you can still probably get a white peace if you get all his personal holdings.

Now Jihads, those are scary.  Caliphs tend to get large realms with their whole "subjugate muslim CB" that lets him take whole de jure kingdoms from his brethren.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5861 on: August 12, 2014, 01:08:09 pm »

Crusades are nice when you want the free gold from Rome and to capture the pope for more free gold.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5862 on: August 12, 2014, 01:33:14 pm »

Crusades are nice when you want the free gold from Rome and to capture the pope for more free gold.
Just play Norse and you can do that every time the looted tag comes off the holdings  ;D

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5863 on: August 12, 2014, 01:40:35 pm »

Yea, Im confused how the Baltic 'raid friendly territory for loot' works.  Do I toggle it and walk over to my vassals' land?  Ive never gotten it to work, and it would be nice to have a standing army pillage annoyingly strong vassals.
PKs DF Mod!

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5864 on: August 12, 2014, 02:10:26 pm »

Raiding works this way.  Raise up your levy/retinue (mercs can't raid) and flag them as raiders while they are inside your realm.  Then move them to an adjacent territory that is of a different religion and outside your realm.  It just has to be different.  Romuva can raid Tengri and vice versa. While techincally you can raid non-adjecant, you don't get any money for it.  Nords get the added bonus of being able to use boats to act as an adjacent territory, but they store a limited amount of money you don't get till they dock in your realm.

Edit: It's just the money you don't get for non-adjacency.  You still get the 1% MA for looting a temple and can still get prisoners. It's useful if you want to wage a proxy war or soften a target up before declaring war (and possibly calling in allies).
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 02:12:44 pm by Satarus »
Pages: 1 ... 389 390 [391] 392 393 ... 1002