Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 388 389 [390] 391 392 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2093232 times)

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #5835 on: August 09, 2014, 10:39:23 pm »

Yeah, as a human, Muslims are probably the easiest to get WC. At the moment, I can pretty much fight anyone and win, with the only problem being that my armies are so spread out that I need to spend about two years just getting them organized.

However, with SW, the Catholics get their Holy Orders from the very start, so what I've noticed is that Spanish Catholics fight Sunni Catholics, and then promptly win because they have about 30k worth of elite Holy Order troops while the Sunnis get about 5k less elite Muslim Holy Order troops at best. Also, getting Catholic MA down is a huge hassle because the pope gives ludicrous amounts of MA just by being around and being pious, to the point where winning five holy wars in a row and taking Rome only gets them down to 88%
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5836 on: August 10, 2014, 08:12:00 am »

Yeah, as a human, Muslims are probably the easiest to get WC. At the moment, I can pretty much fight anyone and win, with the only problem being that my armies are so spread out that I need to spend about two years just getting them organized.

However, with SW, the Catholics get their Holy Orders from the very start, so what I've noticed is that Spanish Catholics fight Sunni Catholics, and then promptly win because they have about 30k worth of elite Holy Order troops while the Sunnis get about 5k less elite Muslim Holy Order troops at best. Also, getting Catholic MA down is a huge hassle because the pope gives ludicrous amounts of MA just by being around and being pious, to the point where winning five holy wars in a row and taking Rome only gets them down to 88%

Tengri are easier to WC with.  Their tribal invasion CB lets them take everything in the target just by sieging down the top holding on everything outside the war goal.

On unrelated note, how sucessful have your guys eugenics programs (if you have one)?  I managed to pull the nearly impossible.  3 15% checks in a row. I got the Strong, Attractive, Genius.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5837 on: August 10, 2014, 08:36:17 am »

Muslims are easy, which is why I'm playing as Hurufi Moslem Sicilians. Heretics and you start alone, no one able to help you. And using the Project Balance mod pack, which have a lot more restrictions than vanilla. Like only holy war every five years,  or needing lots of piety and prestige and specific traits to call am Invasion.

I can still win a crusade against me and take down the Shia Caliph in Egypt on my own. :V
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5838 on: August 10, 2014, 09:41:17 am »

quick question: what causes hordes ( seljuks in this case) to spawn more event troops?

it seems that whenever I whittle them down to merely 10k soldiers, they spawn a new 30k stack in their capital, which makes defeating them VERY hard. So far, I only survived because I often attack them, damaging their stacks and then surrendering losing only money in the peace deal. And quite a bit os reloading earlier saves.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5839 on: August 10, 2014, 09:55:24 am »

Looking at the event files, in the case of the Sejuks it seems to be an event that happens when a successor of Sejuk (Sejuk dynasty and holds a king or empire title) has a martial of 7 (9, 11, and 13 reduce MTTH) and the year is between 980 and 1100.

It also gives them -75% decadence.

MTTH is 240 and each of those martial reductions are 50% so if the guy has 13 martial it only has a MTTH of 30. It can happen once per character it seems.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 10:01:43 am by Sindain »
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5840 on: August 10, 2014, 11:01:23 am »

What's MTTH?  Sounds like a time between event triggers, so "Mean Time To H....."?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5841 on: August 10, 2014, 11:04:01 am »

happen

mean time to happen

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5842 on: August 10, 2014, 11:07:26 am »

It's usually expressed in months, too.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5843 on: August 10, 2014, 11:52:57 am »

Yeah what these guys said. MTTH= Meant time to happen (in months). It represents the % chance of the event firing every month by saying how many months it takes to happen on average. So something with a MTTH of 30 should theoretically happen every 30 months.

*Edit* What Satarus is saying is a bit more accurate.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 12:00:52 pm by Sindain »

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5844 on: August 10, 2014, 11:56:54 am »

If MTTH is 12, then there is a 50% chance of it happening within a year.  In game mechanics, it's just a percent likely hood of it happening any given month.  Unless there is an additional trigger, more time passing doesn't make it more likely to happen.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5845 on: August 10, 2014, 12:40:11 pm »

If MTTH is 12, then there is a 50% chance of it happening within a year.
It represents the % chance of the event firing every month by saying how many months it takes to happen on average
What Satarus is saying is a bit more accurate.
Well, actually it's not. You're the one who got it closer- MTTH is the mean (average) amount of months between the even trigger being fulfilled (or the last time the event fired) and it firing. The actual probability of event happening at least once during a year if it's MTTH is 12 equals ~65%.
(for an easy way to see why the 50% model is wrong, note how MTTH 1 means "every month", not "50% chance every month")
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 12:43:22 pm by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5846 on: August 10, 2014, 01:18:49 pm »

EDIT: Hmmpph. Ignore this.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5847 on: August 10, 2014, 02:06:49 pm »

Have you ever come to the awful realization that you are probably sleeping with your daughter?  Man this game is messed up sometimes.  :D

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #5848 on: August 10, 2014, 02:34:26 pm »

Satarus is Keeping it In the Family with Wincest
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5849 on: August 10, 2014, 03:04:58 pm »

Have you ever come to the awful realization that you are probably sleeping with your daughter?  Man this game is messed up sometimes.  :D

I once managed to be someones grandfather, father, and husband all at once. It really made the game confused when it came to succession. Though I did use the marry_anyone command to get around the hard blocks on wincest.
Pages: 1 ... 388 389 [390] 391 392 ... 1002