Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 385 386 [387] 388 389 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2093430 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #5790 on: August 03, 2014, 09:17:43 am »

did you read that post or just skim through it

if it moves banish it

lodsemone guaranteed

But I'm a COUNT. Anyone I can banish has about a gold piece to their name! :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5791 on: August 04, 2014, 09:35:01 am »

if it moves banish it

lodsemone guaranteed

Your vassals.  They have the monies, and you can revoke temples for free and give them out for 25 piety.  So you hier holy men to run you temples and cities and farm their monies.

Ive also found out that inciting rebellion also works well if you can afford mercs to wipe them up with and/or have strategically located armies to get the no-moral troops as they get levied.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 09:37:15 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5792 on: August 04, 2014, 09:53:32 am »

if it moves banish it

lodsemone guaranteed

Your vassals.  They have the monies, and you can revoke temples for free and give them out for 25 piety.  So you hier holy men to run you temples and cities and farm their monies.

Ive also found out that inciting rebellion also works well if you can afford mercs to wipe them up with and/or have strategically located armies to get the no-moral troops as they get levied.
Personal levies are raised at 100% morale.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5793 on: August 04, 2014, 09:57:32 am »

If a rebellion happens the leader is the one who raises the other levies.  Only his personal levies get 100% moral.   While he has access to 100% of the other rebel's levies, they start at 0%.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5794 on: August 04, 2014, 09:59:55 am »

If a rebellion happens the leader is the one who raises the other levies.  Only his personal levies get 100% moral.   While he has access to 100% of the other rebel's levies, they start at 0%.
I'm fairly sure that's only true for pretenderships (AFAIK regular rebellions are joined the same way wars are).
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5795 on: August 04, 2014, 12:26:22 pm »

If they all band together at once over tyranny they keep the hierarchies they had, but under the leader.  The games makes a duplicate title of your highest rank (duke, king, emperor) and the leader receives it in addition to retaining his old ones.  Because he can now accept vassals of equal rank due to his temporary title, he can pull their levies, the same way I could have.  Except he gets a massive 'rebellion leader' diplomatic buff.

And when you crush them, you get a reason to imprison and revoke/banish all of the little buggers.  Well, you still have the tyranny for banishment, but revocation is good.  It seems to be one free revocation per rebellion the vassal partook in.  So you would need two rebellions to strip the duchy and the county.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 12:27:58 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5796 on: August 04, 2014, 01:18:52 pm »

If they all band together at once over tyranny they keep the hierarchies they had, but under the leader.  The games makes a duplicate title of your highest rank (duke, king, emperor) and the leader receives it in addition to retaining his old ones.  Because he can now accept vassals of equal rank due to his temporary title, he can pull their levies, the same way I could have.  Except he gets a massive 'rebellion leader' diplomatic buff.

And when you crush them, you get a reason to imprison and revoke/banish all of the little buggers.  Well, you still have the tyranny for banishment, but revocation is good.  It seems to be one free revocation per rebellion the vassal partook in.  So you would need two rebellions to strip the duchy and the county.
That is true of faction based rebellions.  Revocation, war against the tyranny, or just declared war (independence, depose liege) don't get those temporary titles..
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5797 on: August 04, 2014, 01:33:41 pm »

I just wish it were possible to try and convert other rulers. Even if it was relegated to fellow vassals.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5798 on: August 04, 2014, 02:15:13 pm »

I just wish it were possible to try and convert other rulers. Even if it was relegated to fellow vassals.
You can. Granted they have to be from an organized religion, and they have to be primitive. And they're probably going to kick your missionary's ass right off to jail for calling them primitive. But you can.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5799 on: August 04, 2014, 02:16:44 pm »

You can. Granted they have to be from an organized religion, and they have to be primitive. And they're probably going to kick your missionary's ass right off to jail for calling them primitive. But you can.
Umm how?
PKs DF Mod!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5800 on: August 04, 2014, 02:18:58 pm »

Nnnoo, not what I meant. Kind of like, an intrigue thing, to try and convince a powerful-ish fellow vassal to switch to your religion? Or like, forcing people you have in prison to convert, when they're independent rulers.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5801 on: August 04, 2014, 03:10:48 pm »

Ah, fellow vassals under the same liege.  I don't think there's that, unfortunately.  As a1s noted already, the Court Chaplain can be sent to a foreign pagan's capital to proselytize if you're Christian or Muslim, but that's only for targeting independent pagans, and the usual proselytize action also acts on your own realm for your own vassals.  I haven't experimented with it too much, though.  I think imprisoned characters will already convert much more often, as well; that's been my experience, at least. 
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 03:13:57 pm by Culise »

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5802 on: August 04, 2014, 03:16:48 pm »

Ah, fellow vassals under the same liege.  I don't think there's that, unfortunately.  As a1s noted already, the Court Chaplain can be sent to a foreign pagan's capital to proselytize if you're Christian or Muslim, but that's only for targeting independent pagans, and the usual proselytize action also acts on your own realm for your own vassals.  I haven't experimented with it too much, though.  I think imprisoned characters will already convert much more often, as well; that's been my experience, at least.
Odds also increase once you pass certain threshhold dates.  There is also a bias for certain religions.  Like Norse are more accepting of Catholics.  However that is just for the AI.  A player can feel free to imprison any missionary that comes his way.

Hiiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5803 on: August 04, 2014, 05:54:25 pm »

Tutorial may not be up to date. Wiki might help. http://www.ckiiwiki.com/

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5804 on: August 04, 2014, 05:58:12 pm »

When I first started playing I watched a couple lets plays. Watching someone else play made it pretty easy to learn the game for me.
Pages: 1 ... 385 386 [387] 388 389 ... 1002