Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 383 384 [385] 386 387 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2093490 times)

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #5760 on: July 25, 2014, 06:00:26 pm »

Who cares, I'm pretty sure which ideas each nation gets is one line in a text file somewhere.

The key word there is somewhere. I've since looked in the folder for the converted game, and I can't find where it assigns ideas to tags. If it helps, it converted my country's tag over as Z01, so that means it probably doesn't 100% recognize my country as the Roman Empire, maybe due to the name.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5761 on: July 25, 2014, 06:57:20 pm »

Just looked, its in Europa Univeralis IV>common>ideas>00_country_ideas.txt

However, because the Roman Empire cannot exist in a normal game, that idea group isn't in the file.  It appears that its added in by the EU IV save converter.  So yeah, you'll have to re-convert (it probably was the name) or do something more elaborate like get the entry from someone else or mod it in yourself.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Uristits

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5762 on: July 25, 2014, 06:59:04 pm »

Is there any modification that starts the world off as a blank state? No kingdoms, no duchies, only single member dynasties each possessing 1 county?

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5763 on: July 25, 2014, 07:08:02 pm »

Yes...though I don't recall the names of the mods that do that right now.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5764 on: July 25, 2014, 07:54:02 pm »

CK2+, with the secondary option "Shattered World" (there are two variants, one for duchies the other for counties).  I THINK shattered world may also be its own independent mod.  Also this being CK2 either of those could be long out of date.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #5765 on: July 25, 2014, 10:11:17 pm »

Shattered World is indeed its own thing. Did not know about the CK2+ inclusion. Interesting.

Also note that non-pagans will have to wait a LOOOOONG time to start conquering. No de jeur territories mean EVERY claim has to be fabricated.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 10:13:03 pm by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5766 on: July 25, 2014, 10:51:35 pm »

Not really actually. The game may start slow but it ramps up crazy fast. Sure, the first one or two counties will take awhile but the moment you get into Duke level you will join the arms race. Within the next 200 years, you'd get a handful of guys controlling everything on the map.

The reason for this is that because all your enemies are so tiny, they're usually wiped out instantly and you don't have to wait for truces to expire to keep expanding. So if you managed to get a Duchy title you can sweep the entire thing in a week. Same for Kingdoms and Empires. Then when you inevitably reach the pagans and heretics, you can sweep them easily too for the same reason.

If you've ever run a massive empire filled with only counts, you'd see the same phenomenon happening as well. The first 50 years or so nothing really happens... but then suddenly there's duchies everywhere with large demenses.

It's quite fun. I recommend it.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #5767 on: July 25, 2014, 11:24:29 pm »

That never happened in my games of it! In mine the most interesting thing not centered around myself was Jorvik getting duchy sized :P

EVERYWHERE else was exactly the same the whole time.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5768 on: July 25, 2014, 11:41:10 pm »

I've used the following and they've all been good. I think some of them are outdated now though.

1. Titular Title Generator
2. Dynamic Duchies
3. Broken Kingdoms

Edit: Here's a reddit thread where someone ran Shattered World until 1066. As you can see, you get a handful of guys controlling everything on the map within 200 years. BFEL, it's quite possible you installed a noncompatible version of the mod somehow or it wasn't updated yet to match the DLCs.

http://www.reddit.com/r/CrusaderKings/comments/23ieid/hip_shattered_world_all_counties_independent_old/

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5769 on: July 27, 2014, 04:24:51 pm »

Guess who inherited both aquitaine and the byzantine empire as west francia? Now... If I can just convert the culture and religion of the entire empire..

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5770 on: July 28, 2014, 12:43:07 pm »

Upon loading my World Of Trade saved game, all of the trade posts disappeared (except for the one that I'd started building in Amalfi itself).  Evidently just a temporary, non-saved glitch - sorry all, no mysterious save for you!   :P
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5771 on: July 29, 2014, 12:54:37 pm »

Guess who inherited both aquitaine and the byzantine empire as west francia? Now... If I can just convert the culture and religion of the entire empire..

I hope you mean you want to convert it all to Greek.  Because Greek culture is awesome.  You get one of the best retinues in the game, and you get the ability to blind/castrate your prisoners.  Some uppidty duke has a claim on something?  Arrest and castrate him.  No more claimants coming from him.  :D
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5772 on: July 29, 2014, 06:35:39 pm »

You don't actually need to be Greek, just "Byzantine" so you can be Georgian, Armenian or Alan and still enjoy the ability of castration and blinding.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5773 on: July 29, 2014, 06:42:22 pm »

You don't actually need to be Greek, just "Byzantine" so you can be Georgian, Armenian or Alan and still enjoy the ability of castration and blinding.
Or you can treat people like humans . . . >.<
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5774 on: July 29, 2014, 06:46:10 pm »

Unfortunately for me, I see all humans in CK2 as future breeding eugenics council/ruler opportunities. Unless they have bad* genetic traits. Then I am ambiguous on their fates.

*Well, I do like Lunatic. The whole +20 martial from time to time is pretty useful. Makes every event amazing, what's not to enjoy?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 06:47:54 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian
Pages: 1 ... 383 384 [385] 386 387 ... 1002