Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 382 383 [384] 385 386 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2093494 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #5745 on: July 15, 2014, 01:55:56 pm »

Kingdom of David seems like it would be a matter of playing as the Byzantine Emperor until you're deathballing, and then having Jewish courtiers educate your heirs until one of them sticks.
I believed it has been mentioned already, but that has been patched so only landed nobles convert while educating now.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5746 on: July 15, 2014, 02:12:25 pm »

Kingdom of David seems like it would be a matter of playing as the Byzantine Emperor until you're deathballing, and then having Jewish courtiers educate your heirs until one of them sticks.
I believed it has been mentioned already, but that has been patched so only landed nobles convert while educating now.
You're a Roman Emperor! Give the Jew a barony. Hell, give the barony to a horse and spring for a county for that Jew.
Jokes aside, if you want to continue that game, hand out your duchies to young Jews (they will be crazy loyal to you on account of you giving them duchies, overcoming any tolerance problems) so that young Dave doesn't end up deposed the day he sits on your throne.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5747 on: July 15, 2014, 02:19:59 pm »

Reminds me of that phase I went through where I only gave landed titles to slow, inbred, or just generally mentally handicapped people.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5748 on: July 16, 2014, 12:44:58 am »

Do those traits give same trait opinion? It would be interesting to have a cabal of imbeciles united in their common affliction overthrow the monarchy.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5749 on: July 16, 2014, 07:23:18 am »

Do those traits give same trait opinion? It would be interesting to have a cabal of imbeciles united in their common affliction overthrow the monarchy.

I can see it now.  An entire host of people dressed up like the Gumbys from Monty Python.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5750 on: July 16, 2014, 07:36:59 am »

Well, that sucks.

If you can find a Russian province, make it your capital and make the decision "convert to local culture". No need for guardians or events.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5751 on: July 17, 2014, 12:13:25 pm »

<Giving titles to Jews>
Reminds me of that phase I went through where I only gave landed titles to slow, inbred, or just generally mentally handicapped people.

Love, scriver~

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5752 on: July 17, 2014, 12:24:24 pm »

... I'm not sure what you're getting at Scrivey~ Those are two different people. :I

Oh, nevermind! I thought Umiman was talking to someone who had been only landing dwarfs. I'm... not sure how I got that mixed up.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5753 on: July 23, 2014, 04:54:10 pm »

Umm.

I may either have encountered a bug, or I'm utterly misunderstanding something - which is very possible, as I've not played as a republic much.

Started in Old Gods start (867), as Patrician of family Urso (not the Doge) in Amalfi.  Messed around sorting out marriages and court invitations, then unpaused.

Facepalmed as I realised I'd forgotten to actually do anything with my 360ish starting gold, immediately paused on Day Two.  Went to build a trade post.

And, well...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm not...misreading this, am I?  I am correct in seeing that, suddenly, out of nowhere (they weren't there on Day One), there are instantly trade posts everywhere in the known world?

Seriously.  This isn't me just going mad, right?

Yes, this goes everywhere on the map.  And they all belong to Amalfi, apparently.  Somehow.  And this is an ironman game.  Wha.  The only place that didn't instantly have a trade post was...drum roll...Amalfi itself.  Which is where I decided to build mine.  Double wha?  Am I being a complete moron?

Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5754 on: July 23, 2014, 05:04:29 pm »

I'd unpause it and let it play out to see if it's just a weird starting glitch or if it'll actually build them.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5755 on: July 23, 2014, 05:13:40 pm »

Apparently, apart from a half-dozen or so nearest Amalfi (i.e. the 'real' ones), all the others are already built.

I appear to have created a World Of Trade.  Gulp.
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5756 on: July 23, 2014, 05:44:53 pm »

That sounds potentially awesome (or about to crash like crazy).  Who even owns the trade posts??  If it actually sticks, please consider posting a save!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5757 on: July 25, 2014, 04:23:21 pm »

I just converted my Norse Roman Empire to EU4, and got generic national ideas. I know the Roman Empire usually gets unique NIs when you covert, so why did I just get the generic ones? Is it because I changed the name of the empire, or is it because of my culture? Do I need to be orthodox to get the unique NIs?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5758 on: July 25, 2014, 04:29:14 pm »

Who cares, I'm pretty sure which ideas each nation gets is one line in a text file somewhere.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #5759 on: July 25, 2014, 05:26:27 pm »

GAH, I hate this game sometimes (usually, actually :()

Still trying to Ironman as Daugava because DRAGUNS. Started with intrigue version of Mr. Draguns. Was spymaster. Immediately assassinate and receive dukedom.

Then I saw Livonia, which was a nice juicy five province or so nation right above mine, had only 300 troops to its name. I had over 1000.

Apparently all mine were light infantry, because they steamrolled me :(

Awesome start ruined because I was too impatient to wait for my gold to get sufficient for mercenaries :(

Also, jhxmt you should totally post the save.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 382 383 [384] 385 386 ... 1002