Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2093678 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #5700 on: July 05, 2014, 09:32:25 pm »

The point is non-micro-intensive. Because it's tedious to do, and they're useless, and they have an actual-impact on your game by causing your actually-important characters (king, really-good-advisors, etc) to not be able to breed as well.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5701 on: July 05, 2014, 10:06:45 pm »

The point is non-micro-intensive. Because it's tedious to do, and they're useless, and they have an actual-impact on your game by causing your actually-important characters (king, really-good-advisors, etc) to not be able to breed as well.

They have no affect on your king, the court pop cap only affects your landless courtiers. (but yeah, a button like that would be nice.)
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5702 on: July 06, 2014, 12:30:26 am »

I'm just happy they finally put in the ability to filter coutiers by trait.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5703 on: July 06, 2014, 02:47:08 am »

I really wish would be assassins were more aggressive sometimes. My character's brother was plotting to kill him, and I thought, "Heck, he's old, I'm tired of him, give it a go." He never did. Even with over 100% plot power. Even after I made him my spymaster. Dude never even tried.

It was terribly disappointing.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #5704 on: July 06, 2014, 10:54:01 am »

I really wish would be assassins were more aggressive sometimes. My character's brother was plotting to kill him, and I thought, "Heck, he's old, I'm tired of him, give it a go." He never did. Even with over 100% plot power. Even after I made him my spymaster. Dude never even tried.

It was terribly disappointing.

This is why "depressed" is one of the best traits in the game IMO.

You can choose when your character dies, and thus for example...imprison everyone but your heir and then suicide, leaving new guy to release errybody and milk those sweet "merciful" bonuses.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5705 on: July 06, 2014, 09:20:26 pm »

Yeah, I know about that. I really want to see the AI be more aggressive with plotting though. Most of the time its seems like they scheme and scheme, and then never follow through. The only assassination event they seem to like is the regent event chain.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5706 on: July 06, 2014, 09:55:23 pm »

I just wish there was a way to "clear the court" of all non-important-dynasty, un-married, no-child, no-claim, mediocre-skill courtiers. They just get in the way. :I

I try to do a marriage purge every so often, flogging them off to distant lands. If I have a break in my grand scheme plots I'll often have one marked for assassination just for amusement. Although do note any family ties that might cause problems with that...

IF you do this as a religion that can have married theocratic title holders, like Norse and Slavic priests, consider checking if they will marry your courtiers. They don't seem to seek marriage otherwise, and their children will give your courtiers a free +100 prestige for marrying them. It's useful for unmarried unimportant dynasty members.

In addition you can usually marry your distant relatives (unimportant so they don't lose prestige for the marriage) to the priests in whatever way that the children are of the dynasty. This way their children are relatives of a title holder, priest in this case, and when invited to your court are slightly easier to marry to title holders or title heirs. They will usually accept the invitations, especially after the priest parent dies and the new holder is not related to them.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 09:57:55 pm by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5707 on: July 07, 2014, 06:25:57 am »

So a bit ago I relooked at the game.  I know I said (or thought) many things about it, and that the whole 'montezuma invades Iberia' thing got me to stop playing, but after a few recalibrations and buying a few DLCs I remember why these kind of simulations are so fun.

-I started as a count of Italy under 2 degrees of vassalization and managed to shake the first with my first character.

-My 2nd character expanded around Rome and took most of lower Italy, sharing it with Byzantine.  At the end of his life he got into a rivalry of sorts with Byzantine over Sicily.  We won the 'heel' of the boot, Lecce, from them while they were getting Jihaded, but they came back with a claim on my capital, captured me and literally blinded me.  They took it, but I managed to fund 12000 mercenaries over the course of a second war to retake it.  Then we took Carthage and its Duchy of Tunis.

-The third character was  a terrible ruler and the first to be born as a Berber.  Opps, Tunis got to me.  Well, he had to overcome his gluttony and slothfulness and foreign-ness to smite revolts, three of them.  And Im still under the pseudo-Holy Roman Empire here, as the King of Italy finally inherits other kingdoms.  This character was viril, though, and his sons and daughters got me much needed allies.  He died young (46) but all of his allies but the Byzantinians stuck (the ruler over their got killed defending against a second Jihad).

-This latest guy has a rather clear path before him.  His neighbors are his old kindom of Italy/Lorthiga-whteversberg, Byzantine, a Nordic conqueror of those islands from the Iliad (lol at a hippie norseman conquering islands of sirens and cyclops in the mediterranean and eating hippie crunch for the rest of his days) and a Hungarian noble who bought some crusaders and conquered the rest of the Kingdom of Africa (and we are unfortunately allies by chance, I married my daughter to his father).  I plan to Usurp the title 'King of Sicily' from my former liege and then use it to declare de jure wars for the rest of sicily . . .

---

Two things, actually

-What does 'Trade' technology grant me as a non-trader?  Does it make the trade posts in my counties more viable, and do I benefit from their presence in my land?  The game is not too clear about it.

-And, how can I make provinces with capitals that are not baronies (i.e. the main hold is a city or bishopric) not hate me?  I own amalfi, for example, and I cant seem to get a vassal for it that doesn't dislike me for 'wrong government type'.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 06:48:48 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5708 on: July 07, 2014, 06:59:20 am »

-Trade technology allows the construction of ports in cities, which just give more money. Trade posts boost the income of cities, which by extension should also give you more money. The technology level in your lands does not affect the trade posts.
-You need to control the county. Grant the county to the baron of a castle, and the castle will become the new capital. There is no way to get rid of the 'wrong government type' penalty, it's just something you have to deal with if you have a republic vassal.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5709 on: July 07, 2014, 07:23:25 am »

-Trade technology allows the construction of ports in cities, which just give more money. Trade posts boost the income of cities, which by extension should also give you more money. The technology level in your lands does not affect the trade posts.
-You need to control the county. Grant the county to the baron of a castle, and the castle will become the new capital. There is no way to get rid of the 'wrong government type' penalty, it's just something you have to deal with if you have a republic vassal.
Or just take the wrong government type penalty in stride for the sweet sweet city tax rate you get out of them instead of the feudal tax.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5710 on: July 07, 2014, 04:43:25 pm »

Ah, good points.  Thank ya then.

So, my character dies of illness on the day of the birth of his only sons (twins) after birthing 5 daughters with three women.  So, Im stuck with a reagent for 16 years, and I was kind of in the middle of a war on Byzantine.  a war in which I had planned for with marriage with some of the khans and the hungarians.  And now they do not owe me a thing.  And they backed out of the war.  And now France and Africa have o obligations to me.

And also my scheming vassels all are courying around trying to gain independence.  Considering how many of them are distant relatives of mine I'm hurt :|  Good thing I had 500 gold to spread around.  It helped to buy some loyalty.

The only thing saving my ass were the foresights to banish the rich plotter and DoW before my own death and that there is a Holy war against the Byzantines by the largest empire in the game.

Also, for whatever reason I cannot arrange marriages, only betrothals.  which is dumb, especially considering that I can arrange them for people who arent me.  And my half sister turned 16 on January 12th.  :[

I dont care; Im turning the clock back 12 days so I can get back an alliance with France.  Ima send her to marry the king directly!  Whoo, SaveLoads!

---

did I mention how powerful Byzantine still is despite its losses?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 04:46:45 pm by pisskop »
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5711 on: July 07, 2014, 04:48:32 pm »

You can't arrange a marriage for yourself because toddlers aren't allowed to marry people, even in ye olde days.  A betrothal is a promise to marry, and I've never seen the AI break it so its close enough to a marriage in most cases.  It won't give you any alliances though.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5712 on: July 07, 2014, 05:00:08 pm »

You can't arrange a marriage for yourself because toddlers aren't allowed to marry people, even in ye olde days.  A betrothal is a promise to marry, and I've never seen the AI break it so its close enough to a marriage in most cases.  It won't give you any alliances though.
Aye.  I mean to say I couldn't marry off my 16 year old sister.
PKs DF Mod!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5713 on: July 10, 2014, 06:23:40 am »

Dam Norse, with there "preparing to invade" and raids. So confusing to learn.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5714 on: July 11, 2014, 11:01:27 am »

Dam Norse, with there "preparing to invade" and raids. So confusing to learn.
A knight's templar had a guy who adventured me for a piece of land.  And DoWed me too.

---

My dude's gone and inherited Hungary from his wife due to a combination of a Catholic heresy revolution and a crusade.  I gave it to my second son, and I am unsure if thats for the best.

Byzantine is proving harder than acceptable and we have suffered several losses to them.  currently, they own 4 counties in Sicily, and I have lost approximately half of maybe 9 wars we have fought.  In addition, they have become increasingly buddied with Lotherino-PuesdoHolyRome and there is a muslim empire inching towards me, and Africa is de jure part of their empire.

Other than that, Im at a loss.  This game is almost getting too easy, and its amd possible in part by the constant warring going on by everyone.  Well, Europe, at least is in a state of decay.  The two musies east and west of me happy with me (but strong) and too weak to fight me respectively.

---

So, if I take Rome, will the Pope still call crusades.  He won't have an army to enforce them with.  I considered giving him Sardina or  some island Duchy . . .

Also, did I screw the pooch by giving Hungary away to my 2nd son?  they aren't neighbors, and Byzantine is the reason, so it would take at least 2 wars to make them neighbors . . .
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 1002